Mark Fletcher

Advertisement
Chaney is our best back IMO. Best combination of power, and vision, good speed. Would love to see CJ and Citizen these next 3.

Advertisement
Last week, Mark Fletcher was a future star.

This week, Mark Fletcher is a slow bum.

Our RB's are similar to our WR's - George / Young / X

They have up and down games - and who looks best each week rotates. But over the course of this season there hasn't been a huge difference between them (their long-term potential is a different conversation).

X & Fletcher were bad against FSU - but that doesn't mean they suck all of the sudden. People will always overreact to good/bad games week to week, and everyone has their favorites.

This is brutal. I mean....really brutal. It's so many little things that lose you a game. He picks up at least 20 yards here if he follows the obvious daylight. Probably a lot more as the db and safety were retreating and the right side cleared out.

They scored a TD after our punt on this drive.

View attachment 266028
You have the one where Restrepo sealed off his man and instead of running behind Restrepo he decides to stop and go left and the defender being blocked made the tackle?

Advertisement
This is brutal. I mean....really brutal. It's so many little things that lose you a game. He picks up at least 20 yards here if he follows the obvious daylight. Probably a lot more as the db and safety were retreating and the right side cleared out.

They scored a TD after our punt on this drive.

View attachment 266028

At 11:14 he has all grass on the left. Watch when they put the replay.

IMG_0516.png

This is what I’m talking about Restrepo sealing off his man. Look what happens next.

IMG_0517.png

He literally doesn’t hit the whole and just goes left and Restrepos man makes the tackle. It was infuriating watching this ****.

@Cribby im sure you’ll get a kick out of this.

You have the one where Restrepo sealed off his man and instead of running behind Restrepo he decides to stop and go left and the defender being blocked made the tackle?
There was a play in the 1st quarter where if he followed a pulling Cohen it was 88 out the gate.

Advertisement
Looking at those stills if Miami had a back with legit home run capability thats a TD

The difference between winning and losing these games is that, one big playmaker making one big play
The safety gets even the fastest RB on that play. Still would be a good 20-30 yard gain.

Fletcher will be just fine.

Advertisement
The safety gets even the fastest RB on that play. Still would be a good 20-30 yard gain.

Fletcher will be just fine.
Safety wouldn’t catch Chris Johnson. Safety’s momentum is going forward and his angle would’ve gotten destroyed.

Difference between good players and elite players is a lot. Game of inches, except if you get the inch you're in the end zone instead of tackled after 15.

Tough kid. Runs and blocks hard.

With that said, he lacks vision. I couldn’t for the life of me understand why, after missing hole after hole, he kept getting trotted back out there. It just wasn’t his day today. Chaney played well, but I think he got nicked up.

Where is Parrish? Where is Allen?

If we’re going to run the ball to death, we have zero room for error. Our backs can’t miss creases and our line can’t blow assignments up front. I’m hoping Mark watched the film and learns from this game. We’re going to need him going forward.

Oh, and off topic, but XR7 played his worst game in Cane uniform. Didn’t have that on my bingo card. What a shame.
Yikes

Advertisement
Back