Mark Fletcher

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
Tough kid. Runs and blocks hard.

With that said, he lacks vision. I couldn’t for the life of me understand why, after missing hole after hole, he kept getting trotted back out there. It just wasn’t his day today. Chaney played well, but I think he got nicked up.

Where is Parrish? Where is Allen?

If we’re going to run the ball to death, we have zero room for error. Our backs can’t miss creases and our line can’t blow assignments up front. I’m hoping Mark watched the film and learns from this game. We’re going to need him going forward.

Oh, and off topic, but XR7 played his worst game in Cane uniform. Didn’t have that on my bingo card. What a shame.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Our RB rotation for a few games made sense.. but now it just seems like they are trying to **** off most the room so they can transfer.

I guess this is just what you’ll have to expect from a offense under Mario.. just complete confusion and lack of any reasoning

Advertisement
Most important characteristics of a good RB (in order):

1) Ball Security
2) Vision
3) Forward Lean/Pad Level
4) Ability to make guys miss in the open field
5) Pass blocking

Speed is not included because you can be a great RB and not have game breaking speed.

MF needs to work on 2-4, especially 2/3. I like him as player. He’s only a freshman and can continue to develop.

Advertisement
LOL GTFOOH. He has no vision because Mario was calling A gap Tecmo Bowl runs?

You guys need to fkn chill
His lack of feel for the game and vision have been apparent from his first carry here. Yes, he's a true frosh.

Look, just off memory alone I can say all our backs have gone through spells where they "lacked vision" & missed obvious open holes. Mark just had a 100yd game where he was finding the open lanes just fine. And Parrish came in that same game for just a couple of runs & ran straight into the back of the line like it was predetermined.

Maybe he was nervous cuz fsdoo. Maybe whatever he "is" now isn't what he's going to be for the rest of his career.

Advertisement
Back