Mark-Antony Richards will be on campus on Sunday

Advertisement
We might have to conform with this one and give him that second WR spot. I don’t think there’s anyone more worth your except Ladson so it’s fine but we might have to bring him in there to make sure he’s locked down. Then we see what happens.

And I think he can end up being a really good college player on offense. But, man... I see Thorpe award and 1st round potential for him at DB. Hard to see that go by the wayside

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just keep Rumph away Mark-Antony Richards. I hope its true Dugans is heading up his recruitment, we got this if that stays the case.
We have the weapons at WR regardless that is one position where we have championship depth and talent right now. You can lose your #1 guy and it’s just an opp for the next guy.

Advertisement
As far as wanting him on D? Sounded to me like Richt let him know they prefer him on D but will give him an opportunity to play O if he wants. That's about all you can do.

Right. But everyone else is giving him the you can play what you want speech and we aren’t. I respect it but hope he can see that is just an evaluation and not fact.

Right. But everyone else is giving him the you can play what you want speech and we aren’t. I respect it but hope he can see that is just an evaluation and not fact.

I hope he sees Richt is being honest instead of lying to get him to sign. I would think a chance at offense is all you could ask for, but some of these kids are pretty spoiled. For now I'll assume he's got his brothers smarts and he'll do the right thing.

I hope he sees Richt is being honest instead of lying to get him to sign. I would think a chance at offense is all you could ask for, but some of these kids are pretty spoiled. For now I'll assume he's got his brothers smarts and he'll do the right thing.
This isn't about the right thing - MAR is getting sold on being "the greatest show on earth" by Auburn and especially Florida. Lying or not, they've put the idea in his head that he's special, and if Miami can't see that then it's their loss. I love CRM's honesty, but this is one case where it may come back to bite us. For whatever reason, MAR sees playing defense as a "downgrade" - I truly hope our coaches understand that, no matter how silly it may sound.

There is nothing about this visit that MAR didn't already know - he's been to campus, knows the coaches, knows the players, knows how we do things and already understands campus life.

I personally believe that if we close on MAR, it will be because of Ahmon, not our coaches.

Advertisement
MAR will be a bigger impact on offense IMO but would have a longer career as a DB. I hope at some point he identifies with the University on a personal level and realizes it's where he belongs. Very cool that Ahmmon tagged along and got involved in the pic. Though odds are against Ahmmon staying all four years, that photo might resonate most when it's all said and done.

This isn't about the right thing - MAR is getting sold on being "the greatest show on earth" by Auburn and especially Florida. Lying or not, they've put the idea in his head that he's special, and if Miami can't see that then it's their loss. I love CRM's honesty, but this is one case where it may come back to bite us. For whatever reason, MAR sees playing defense as a "downgrade" - I truly hope our coaches understand that, no matter how silly it may sound.

There is nothing about this visit that MAR didn't already know - he's been to campus, knows the coaches, knows the players, knows how we do things and already understands campus life.

I personally believe that if we close on MAR, it will be because of Ahmon, not our coaches.

I don't understand where you and others are getting the idea that the staff are crapping on his dream of playing O or telling him he's not great. Maybe he'll be turned off by them stating a preference for him playing D, but I don't see anything saying they're trying to push him hard or that they won't give him a chance there.

This sound to me like posters making up a story about what the coaches are telling a kid and what the kid thinks about it. I haven't heard him say a single negative thing about what the staff has told them they expect out of him, so where are you getting that from? What makes you so sure Auburn is doing a better job of selling him an attractive vision of his college career?

I don't understand where you and others are getting the idea that the staff are crapping on his dream of playing O or telling him he's not great. Maybe he'll be turned off by them stating a preference for him playing D, but I don't see anything saying they're trying to push him hard or that they won't give him a chance there.

This sound to me like posters making up a story about what the coaches are telling a kid and what the kid thinks about it. I haven't heard him say a single negative thing about what the staff has told them they expect out of him, so where are you getting that from? What makes you so sure Auburn is doing a better job of selling him an attractive vision of his college career?

Some fans don't get it and have a major inferiority complex.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agreed. MAR has mentioned in interviews that the Staff has told him he can come in at whatever position he wants, they just stress that they really want him as a part of the class.

Advertisement
Back