Mark-Antony Richards talks Opening, updates latest

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Actually SEC WRs are doing pretty well in the draft, from Alshon to Mathews to ODB to Amari Cooper to Julio to AJ Green to Landry to Treadwell to Evans to Ridley to Kirk and on and on. NFL finds talent, no matter the offense, look at Calvin Johnson and D. Thomas, they played for a team that runs the ball 95% of the time.

That said MAR needs to be a Cane, like his brother

Calvin Johnson played most if not all of his career under Chan Gailey at GT before the option attack took over, BUT I get what you're selling.

Having Mark Richt on him is telling. Head honcho doesn't lead up everyone's recruitment

I think coach learned from the juedy/cambell situation. Sometimes as a head coach you have to roll up your sleve and get ish done yourself. Alot of these 5☆ kids wants to be recruited by the head coach it's an ego thing.

Coaches need to stop lying to this kid about playing both offensive and defensive at an elite football program. He needs to decide either WR or DB if he desires to be a productive college football player. He must be focus and improve his skills to impact the team goal: championship.

Coaches need to stop lying to this kid about playing both offensive and defensive at an elite football program. He needs to decide either WR or DB if he desires to be a productive college football player. He must be focus and improve his skills to impact the team goal: championship.

But he doesn't need to decide right now. By his second year in college, yes, it would behoove him to have made a decision.

I forget the name of the kid who played WR here then became a high-level DB at Green Bay.

Then you got Jimmie Graham who didn't even play college football until his SR year with us, and ended up an All -Pro TE in the NFL.

I'm fine telling Richards he can play offense and/or defense here and letting him do just that. Like DJ Dallas, get him on campus and see where he best fits.

Advertisement
But he doesn't need to decide right now. By his second year in college, yes, it would behoove him to have made a decision.

I forget the name of the kid who played WR here then became a high-level DB at Green Bay.

Then you got Jimmie Graham who didn't even play college football until his SR year with us, and ended up an All -Pro TE in the NFL.

I'm fine telling Richards he can play offense and/or defense here and letting him do just that. Like DJ Dallas, get him on campus and see where he best fits.

Sam Shields

Sam Shields

Yup. And to be fair, Shields was an absolute animal coming out of HS. As a HS senior he came to campus on a recruiting visit and roasted one of our starting DBs while wearing tennis shoes. broke Reggie Wayne's true freshman receptions record with 37. It's crazy to think how good he could have been with a better QB and more competent coordinator.

Still blows my mind he switched positions his senior season, went un-drafted and eventually became a pro bowler.

Yup. And to be fair, Shields was an absolute animal coming out of HS. As a HS senior he came to campus on a recruiting visit and roasted one of our starting DBs while wearing tennis shoes. broke Reggie Wayne's true freshman receptions record with 37. It's crazy to think how good he could have been with a better QB and more competent coordinator.

Still blows my mind he switched positions his senior season, went un-drafted and eventually became a pro bowler.

Exactly my point. Richards is an animal also. If he hasn't determined for sure whether he's a WR, RB, or DB by the time he enters college (or even after), it's not a disaster.

Advertisement
Back