Mario's recruiting since he stepped on campus..

On paper, the roster looks really good. We have had some other good-looking paper rosters that just didn't win/perform. In less than 2 weeks we will get to see with our own eyes who can perform and if the team as a whole performs. Then we really get to see who steps up vs ATM. We can come back to this discussion after we get to see these kids with the lights on.

Advertisement
You guys need to look beyond star ratings. Some of these players listed have yet to take a college snap and people are talking “championship level.”

This is why we have fans that presume automatic wins against the losses we have every year.
If people would just go off of star ratings Alabama, Georgia, & OSU wouldn’t ever lose unless it was to each other. The players need to be able to apply what the practice to Saturday. If not it’s all for nothing.

Watch the pups that bite.

It won't always work out, but @DMoney will attest to the ballers show it early on Greentree.

Francis
Samson
Cooper
McCoy
Fletcher
Skinner
Williams
Ray Ray

Kelly
Bain
Popo
Wes
Bobby
Demari

To name a few
I appreciate DMoney's reports, but it's important to remember he is just a fan who happens to have a bit more access than most. His opinions about players are just that, opinions. He is not a professional talent evaluator, and his word is not gospel. We won't know anything about these players until we actually see them perform against college level competition

I'm including recruiting high school, JUCO, and portal players with multiple years remaining. Also this include the current committed players.

From this snap shot which positions you feel are championship worthy? What positions have leveled up? Where is the shortage, and what needs to improve?

QB’s-Jacurri Brown/Emory Williams/Judd Anderson

RB’S-Trevonte Citizen/Mark Fletcher/Chris johnson/Chris Wheatley-Humphrey/Ajay Allen/Kevin Riley

TE’s-Jaleel Skinner/Riley Williams/Jackson Carver/Elijah Lofton

WR-Colbie Young/Robby Washington/Shemar Kirk/Isaiah Horton

WR-Ray Ray Joseph/Joshia Trader/Chance Robinson

OL-Francis Mauigoa/Matthew McCoy

OL-Anez Cooper/Kavion Broussard

OL-Logan Sagapulo/Nino Frankavilla/Antonio Tripp

OL-Tommy Kinsler/Juan Minaya/Frankie Tinalau

OL-Samson Okunlola/Deryk Plazz

DE-Nyjalick Kelly/Cyrus Moss/Marquis Lightfoot

DT-Ahmad Moten/Dylan Russell/Artavus Jones

DT-Joshua Horton/Anthony Campbell/Colins Acheapong

DE-Rueben Bain/Jayden Wayne/Elias Rudolph

LB-Francisco Mauigoa/Raul Aguirre/Marcellus Pulliam/Cam Pruitt

LB-Wesley Bissanthe/Malik Bryant/Bobby Washington/Vincent Shavers

CB-Demari Brown/Jadias Richard/Romanas Frederique

CB-Robert Stafford/Daryl Porter Jr./Ryan Mack

S-Markeith Williams/Caleb Spencer/Isaiah Thomas

S-Jaden Harris/Dylan Day

My thoughts:

QB-I'm a Jacurri fan and Emory but you can make a strong argument this position has been below standard.

RB-I feel like this position is championship level.

TE-I feel this position is championship level.

WR-For all the negativity on this board in terms of WR recruiting/portal, that has been recruiting well looking at the names. Smith would make this championship level.

OL-I think this is near championship level.

DE-Championship level

DT-subpar based on numbers, like the few guys brought in, and needs a big time headliner imo.

LB-Bigtime upgrade in talent and body types, need to see it on field

CB-Subpar in terms of talented numbers. I do like Brown, Stafford, Richard, and Frédérique.

S-Subpar no question

You forgot DT Deen

If people would just go off of star ratings Alabama, Georgia, & OSU wouldn’t ever lose unless it was to each other. The players need to be able to apply what the practice to Saturday. If not it’s all for nothing.
Lol which is by and large what usually happens….I’d say it’s at about a 90% hit rate…if there’s data that suggests otherwise I’d sure like to see it🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
That's basically what does happen

Geez, there’s nothing ELITE at this point. Team went 5-7 one year ago..lol. Looking forward:

Three functional holes on the roster.
QB - it’s subpar. Lacking ability and skill. It’s a D
DT - Coaching and scheme. Hopefully with the new DC and Taylor being promoted it’s helps the group. Joe S is flat out horrible and should’ve been replaced. That said, it’s a C group.
Secondary - Not up to par. C - as an overall group. The DB’s with a C + and Safeties D +.

We really have forgotten what championship level looks like lol

You are correct sir.

This is a 9-win at best roster.

In 2-years, IF they can bring in complementary blue chippers and continue the eval trend, it’ll be a championship team.

Advertisement
You are correct sir.

In 2-years, IF they can bring in complementary blue chippers and continue the eval trend, it’ll be a championship team.

We've recruited better than FSU since Mario and Mike got there, and they're like 5th best odds to make the playoffs and their win total is 10.

So why is this a 9 win "at best" roster and FSU is a 10 win O/U in Vegas roster? Is it cause he's in Year 4 and Mario is in Year 2?

Let me be clear I am not saying these positions are ready made, I'm saying they are trending in the right direction thru recruiting the right body types and talent at certain positions. 1st and 2nd year players aren't winning championships, but you are projecting talent level and development.

Are Fletcher, Citizen, CWH, CJ, Allen, Riley championship level backs right now, of course not, but what about next season and the next? You could see how this group could be up to that level. You are recruiting the right type of players there.

Are Mauigoa, Samson, Kinsler, Cooper championship level OL right now, NO..but can you imagine this group over next few years?

What do you think Bain, Kelly, Wayne, Moss, Lightfoot, Rudolph could be next few years? I think we arguably have the best group of young DE's in America.

Bissanthe, Bryant, Popo, Washington over next 2-3 years..that should be a big, fast, physical group.

Trader, Ray Ray, Robinson spread out across the field in 2026?

Skinner, Williams, Carver in a few years could be a physically freaky group.

if the expectation is still to win something significant, or even just 10 games, and you have qb room anything other than an F then I can’t take your evaluation seriously. It is an unmitigated disaster for a team that wants to compete at a high level
Disaster if you're a star *****! But, there is talent in the QB room. Now if we had the backups in kaaya's time here then it's a disaster!!!

You are correct sir.

If we're a championship team in 2 years I'll gladly continue riding the short term roller-coaster

Advertisement
I'm including recruiting high school, JUCO, and portal players with multiple years remaining. Also this include the current committed players.

From this snap shot which positions you feel are championship worthy? What positions have leveled up? Where is the shortage, and what needs to improve?

RB’S-Trevonte Citizen/Mark Fletcher/Chris johnson/Chris Wheatley-Humphrey/Ajay Allen/Kevin Riley

S-Jaden Harris/Dylan Day

My thoughts:

QB-I'm a Jacurri fan and Emory but you can make a strong argument this position has been below standard.

WR-For all the negativity on this board in terms of WR recruiting/portal, that has been recruiting well looking at the names. Smith would make this championship level.

DE-Championship level

DT-subpar based on numbers, like the few guys brought in, and needs a big time headliner imo.

CB-Subpar in terms of talented numbers. I do like Brown, Stafford, Richard, and Frédérique.

S-Subpar no question

Stopped reading at QB.

How can you even make that analysis? It's based on zero evidence outside of Jacurri who should not have even been playing?

That's incredibly premature.

Geez, there’s nothing ELITE at this point. Team went 5-7 one year ago..lol. Looking forward:

Three functional holes on the roster.
QB - it’s subpar. Lacking ability and skill. It’s a D
DT - Coaching and scheme. Hopefully with the new DC and Taylor being promoted it’s helps the group. Joe S is flat out horrible and should’ve been replaced. That said, it’s a C group.
Secondary - Not up to par. C - as an overall group. The DB’s with a C + and Safeties D +.
Disagree talent is there! Qb- Young and raw, but talented wouldn't have a scholarship if they wasn't!
If Joe was terrible we wouldn't have 2 commits
He is bad not horrible!
Both secondary groups should be c- depth is being developed, but we lack numbers in the safety group! Kk,jw,mw,jd,bb....?

You are correct sir.

I think this teams ceiling is 9 but i can see anywhere from 7-8.

I dont think we will become championship level in 2 years, probably 4-5 years but in 2 years we should be finishing top 10

Advertisement
We've recruited better than FSU since Mario and Mike got there, and they're like 5th best odds to make the playoffs and their win total is 10.

So why is this a 9 win "at best" roster and FSU is a 10 win O/U in Vegas roster? Is it cause he's in Year 4 and Mario is in Year 2?
They are a much more talented team than us from top to bottom, I think oline and kam we got it but besides that they are better

S-Jaden Harris/Dylan Day

My thoughts:

DE-Championship level

S-Subpar no question
I know you said transfers with multiple years left, but let's not underestimate Cohen and Lee here either. Having them in place this year let's those younger guys to develop more, learn from experience, and not be rushed into duty when they aren't ready. That also can pay off long-term.

I'm not going to be critical of Mario as far as recruiting goes because I think he's done a good job. Other than that he's made tremendous blunders in the hiring of assistants and his coaching skills during the game are easily the worst I've ever seen watching football for over 60 years. This is the year he needs to make it happen. I'm not going to pass on judgement until the season is over. I do believe UM could have spent less money and got a much better coach. So far I'm not impressed with Mario. This year the bar is set with a MINIMUM of 9 wins.

Advertisement
Back