Mario's recruiting since he stepped on campus..

gacaneaddict

Junior
I'm including recruiting high school, JUCO, and portal players with multiple years remaining. Also this include the current committed players.

From this snap shot which positions you feel are championship worthy? What positions have leveled up? Where is the shortage, and what needs to improve?

QB’s-Jacurri Brown/Emory Williams/Judd Anderson

RB’S-Trevonte Citizen/Mark Fletcher/Chris johnson/Chris Wheatley-Humphrey/Ajay Allen/Jordan Lyle

TE’s-Jaleel Skinner/Riley Williams/Jackson Carver/Elijah Lofton

WR-Colbie Young/Robby Washington/Shemar Kirk/Isaiah Horton

WR-Ray Ray Joseph/Joshia Trader/Chance Robinson/Ny Carr

OL-Francis Mauigoa/Matthew McCoy/Markel Bell

OL-Anez Cooper/

OL-Logan Sagapulo/Nino Frankavilla/Antonio Tripp

OL-Tommy Kinsler/Juan Minaya/Frankie Tinalau

OL-Samson Okunlola/Deryk Plazz

DE-Nyjalick Kelly/Cyrus Moss/Marquis Lightfoot/Booker Pickett

DT-Ahmad Moten/Dylan Russell/Artavus Jones/Armondo Blount

DT-Joshua Horton/Anthony Campbell/Colins Acheapong/Justin Scott

DE-Rueben Bain/Jayden Wayne/Elias Rudolph

LB-Francisco Mauigoa/Raul Aguirre/Marcellus Pulliam/Cam Pruitt

LB-Wesley Bissanthe/Malik Bryant/Bobby Washington/Adarius Hayes

CB-Demari Brown/Jadias Richard/Romanas Frederique

CB-Robert Stafford/Daryl Porter Jr./Ryan Mack

S-Markeith Williams/Caleb Spencer/Isaiah Thomas

S-Jaden Harris/Zaquan Patterson/Dylan Day/Savion Riley

My thoughts:

QB-I'm a Jacurri fan and Emory but you can make a strong argument this position has been below standard.

RB-I feel like this position is championship level.

TE-I feel this position is championship level.

WR-For all the negativity on this board in terms of WR recruiting/portal, that has been recruiting well looking at the names. Smith would make this championship level. Added Ny Carr

OL-I think this is near championship level. Added Markel Bell

DE-Championship level

DT-subpar based on numbers, like the few guys brought in, and needs a big time headliner imo. Burroughs boosted this group

LB-Bigtime upgrade in talent and body types, need to see it on field

CB-Subpar in terms of talented numbers. I do like Brown, Stafford, Richard, and Frédérique.

S-With Patterson added this is not subpar anymore

Updated after 2024 ESD. We are Getting more talented, bigger, and better up front on both sides of the ball.

My positions of concern heading into portal and 2025 class is QB, and Defensive back. I like pieces of the defensive back room, just needs to get more athletic on the back end overall get more talented. IF we hold on to Nickel, and grab a nice DB class in 2025 we are ready for a playoff run IMO.

Last edited:
Advertisement
QB recruiting, WR recruiting, secondary recruiting and interior DL recruiting are lacking. Until we actually have an explosive offense that is fun to watch, we won’t attract high level WRs or QBs.

Attracting top tier DBs and IDL away from the SEC will always be a challenge. Nobody puts defensive players in the league at the rate they do.

It’s getting old reading it, but winning will really cure all of this.

very few complaints about his last class other than QB (yes I know Emory may end up being good) and losing Cormani (but it seems that D Brown may end up being a great addition)

this class has been very average. the recruiting averages do matter just look at history even if you don’t care about the class ranking, we need to land more top 300 players and develop them.

you arent too far off.

QB - would grade this a B. Still a lot to be desired but Luke Nickel in next years class is the real deal!
RB - A+.....that is an ELITE/Championship room that stacks up with any other team in the country
TE - A.......another ELITE/Championship room that stacks up with any other team in the country
WR - B+....not quite ELITE/Championship level but getting closer. Need another ELITE level guy to take this room over the edge
OL - B+.....consider this room was a C- not too long ago. Massive gain along our OL and two cornerstone OTs nearly makes this room an A on its own

DE - A.....this room is full of twitchy/ELITE athletes. If they can be developed, could be one of the best DE groups in the country
DL - B-.....IMO, this is the position group that needs the most help on the team. Adding a Stone/Breland takes this group to near ELITE/Championship level
LB - B+......what a room flip. Just a few guys away development wise from being a Championship level room
CB - B.....love the recent additions but need to add some ELITE level talent to this room
S - B.......we currently have the best Safety tandem in the country and due to that our Safety room is an A. Recruiting wise, a guy or two away from being Championship level once again

Advertisement
QBs are tricky evals but based on recruiting grades alone….C-

RB - ELITE
WR - Still a little ways to go…..But I do like who we got in 2023….C+ and rising
TE - ELITE
OL - B+ and rising

Edge - ELITE
DT - got a little ways to go….C+
LB - love the 2023 class and strong evals on 2024 kids…portal haul was sneaky good as well…..B- and rising
CB - Portal haul saved us but we need to do better….C+
FS/SS - without orange shades on…..C grade

QB-D: this room outside of TVD is probably in the worst place it’s been in since Kaaya’s freshman year

RB-B: we’re definitely in a good spot here but this should be the standard at Miami with the elite RB talent in our recruiting bed

WR-B+: Colbie has been a pleasant surprise and the outside WR we’ve needed for a long time, Chance and Trader are local guys we’ve been missing on for too long so really excited to have them aboard

TE-B: Skinner seems to need more development, but Riley seems like the real deal

OL-A: This is Mario’s bread and butter so you expect this but he still deserves credit for putting this group together

DE-A-: Hasn’t gotten the elite of the elite this class, but Bain and Kelly look like potential future all American and Wayne should turn into a productive player

DT-C-: there’s no way to spin this, we have 1 elite DT committed and collins is a tweaner. Although reports are Horton looks like a player.

LB-A-: This room is completely flipped from a weakness to a potential strength as well as having 4 freshman who look like players

CB-B: Not elite yet but definitely going in a positive direction

S-D: Not a lot of elite talent brought in to go along with very minimal depth

Mario's tenure really begins in 10 days.

I'll never be able to fully flush my eyes with enough bleach to erase what I had to watch last season, so it's not like that's just forgotten or forgiven. But for me, that's over and done. I start fully judging him ON THE FIELD starting in 10 days. Recruiting/talent acquisition is another story, but that isn't how you're ultimately judged. Winning or losing football games is how a football coach is evaluated. Let's play the 12 in front of us, and then see where we stand as far as what's been good enough and what hasn't. He recruited a lot of kids in the 2023 class who have a lot of people excited. Let's see how that translates to the field this fall, and how that can be projected to future seasons. But the clock starts ticking in 10 days, IMO. He has a chance to not quite erase that violent prison raping we all had to endure last year, but at least make it a little more distant of a memory. Time to roll.

Advertisement
These players were freshmen last season or have never played a college football game in their lives. How can you tell wether they are championship caliber players or not?
Watch the pups that bite.

It won't always work out, but @DMoney will attest to the ballers show it early on Greentree.

Francis
Samson
Cooper
McCoy
Fletcher
Skinner
Williams
Ray Ray

Kelly
Bain
Popo
Wes
Bobby
Demari

To name a few

You guys need to look beyond star ratings. Some of these players listed have yet to take a college snap and people are talking “championship level.”

This is why we have fans that presume automatic wins against the losses we have every year.

How much, if any, of this cycle is driven by the conference realignment and the uncertainty around Miami's future?

Advertisement
QB recruiting, WR recruiting, secondary recruiting and interior DL recruiting are lacking. Until we actually have an explosive offense that is fun to watch, we won’t attract high level WRs or QBs.

Attracting top tier DBs and IDL away from the SEC will always be a challenge. Nobody puts defensive players in the league at the rate they do.

It’s getting old reading it, but winning will really cure all of this.
And those are the money spots. It's so no surprise we have struggled recruiting those positions for years because they are where you see the most competitive for top prospects.

I'm including recruiting high school, JUCO, and portal players with multiple years remaining. Also this include the current committed players.

From this snap shot which positions you feel are championship worthy? What positions have leveled up? Where is the shortage, and what needs to improve?

RB’S-Trevonte Citizen/Mark Fletcher/Chris johnson/Chris Wheatley-Humphrey/Ajay Allen/Kevin Riley

WR-Ray Ray Joseph/Joshia Trader/Chance Robinson

OL-Francis Mauigoa/Matthew McCoy

OL-Anez Cooper/Kavion Broussard

DE-Nyjalick Kelly/Cyrus Moss/Marquis Lightfoot

DT-Ahmad Moten/Dylan Russell/Artavus Jones

DT-Joshua Horton/Anthony Campbell/Colins Acheapong

LB-Wesley Bissanthe/Malik Bryant/Bobby Washington/Vincent Shavers

S-Jaden Harris/Dylan Day

My thoughts:

QB-I'm a Jacurri fan and Emory but you can make a strong argument this position has been below standard.

WR-For all the negativity on this board in terms of WR recruiting/portal, that has been recruiting well looking at the names. Smith would make this championship level.

OL-I think this is near championship level.

DE-Championship level

DT-subpar based on numbers, like the few guys brought in, and needs a big time headliner imo.

CB-Subpar in terms of talented numbers. I do like Brown, Stafford, Richard, and Frédérique.

S-Subpar no question

Secondary and QB need to improve…DB has been a thorn in UM's side for so **** long. Sitting in the DB capital of the world and it's like locals go out of their way to not go to UM no matter who are HC/DBC/DC are.

LB needs to get better but as you say, it's a start… So I'm happy there, especially we have less LB on the field than we used to. DT needs help, but doesn't looks good if you include Bain there, which many think he ends up by next year. Like you said one more headliner to go with Jones.

I like what we are doing everywhere else. OL, WR, TE, RB, DE looking good.

Advertisement
you arent too far off.

QB - would grade this a B. Still a lot to be desired but Luke Nickel in next years class is the real deal!
RB - A+.....that is an ELITE/Championship room that stacks up with any other team in the country
TE - A.......another ELITE/Championship room that stacks up with any other team in the country
WR - B+....not quite ELITE/Championship level but getting closer. Need another ELITE level guy to take this room over the edge
OL - B+.....consider this room was a C- not too long ago. Massive gain along our OL and two cornerstone OTs nearly makes this room an A on its own

DE - A.....this room is full of twitchy/ELITE athletes. If they can be developed, could be one of the best DE groups in the country
DL - B-.....IMO, this is the position group that needs the most help on the team. Adding a Stone/Breland takes this group to near ELITE/Championship level
LB - B+......what a room flip. Just a few guys away development wise from being a Championship level room
CB - B.....love the recent additions but need to add some ELITE level talent to this room
S - B.......we currently have the best Safety tandem in the country and due to that our Safety room is an A. Recruiting wise, a guy or two away from being Championship level once again
We really have forgotten what championship level looks like lol

if the expectation is still to win something significant, or even just 10 games, and you have qb room anything other than an F then I can’t take your evaluation seriously. It is an unmitigated disaster for a team that wants to compete at a high level

I think as of this moment right now

I think UM has:
Top 8-10 DL (Slightly better at DE, but they are close)
Top 20 RB room (potentially better if Citizen can play this year)
Top 25 WR room
Top 30 OL
Top 15 Safeties (thin though)
Top 30 TE Room

I would like to say a top 20 QB as well, but I just haven't seen enough against real competition. LB aren't terrible but I can't crack the top 30, lot of youth right now, and I do believe it's been upgraded and aren't a weakness…Maybe by an elite team's standards they are a weakness.

The biggest area of concern on this team right now is CB and to a lesser extent LT. Then at some positions we start getting into depth issueslike interior OL, QB, and safety. Also replacing a VERY VERY Good punter with a frosh.

I think our skill positions are what is being underrated right now. All of a sudden I like what we have there.

RB’S-Trevonte Citizen/Mark Fletcher/Chris johnson/Chris Wheatley-Humphrey/Ajay Allen/Kevin Riley

WR-Ray Ray Joseph/Joshia Trader/Chance Robinson

OL-Francis Mauigoa/Matthew McCoy

OL-Anez Cooper/Kavion Broussard

DE-Nyjalick Kelly/Cyrus Moss/Marquis Lightfoot

DT-Ahmad Moten/Dylan Russell/Artavus Jones

DT-Joshua Horton/Anthony Campbell/Colins Acheapong

LB-Wesley Bissanthe/Malik Bryant/Bobby Washington/Vincent Shavers

S-Jaden Harris/Dylan Day

My thoughts:

WR-For all the negativity on this board in terms of WR recruiting/portal, that has been recruiting well looking at the names. Smith would make this championship level.

OL-I think this is near championship level.

DE-Championship level

DT-subpar based on numbers, like the few guys brought in, and needs a big time headliner imo.

S-Subpar no question
You forgot one of the Brown bros and misspelled the others name lol

What they do to you bro?

😂

Advertisement
Back