Mario vs DeBoer recruiting

Been telling y’all this for a long time now.

They fooled Deboer as well. Their boosters aren’t really wanting to step up either from all I’ve heard. They’re entitled.

My firm (firm contracting me on these engagements) has reviewed and/or consulted 6 SEC collectives and ‘Yea Alabama’ is 6th out of 6 by a wide margin. Weaker than Kentucky’s ‘15 Club’.
They have gone with the money in the mcdonalds bag, leased dodge challenger/ charger game for years with no problem. Maybe get a gig or lease a home like they did for tua..but EVERYONE can do it now ....legally. So there is nothing to stand out about living in tuscaloosa.

A recruit last year told me theyir pitch to him was 50k for every player on the roster for nil...he was excited about that...but is that legit or with a catch etc This kid signed with uga sooo..

Advertisement
Saban wanted more and warned them it wasn’t up to par for when he’s not there anymore. Don’t think anyone realized it was happening this off-season and they thought they had time.

Our annual NIL is more than double Alabama… for the record. As of the 2023 budget. And what I’d imagine 2024 is going to be with Ward in the fold. More than half of that deal is new money that didn’t exist last year

@Rellyrell
Do yall remember when we went at it about nil and i said the bolded ...and the opportunities on nil in places like Bama?.

There is only so much you can get from the piggly wiggly owners, UTZ potato chips, etc.

NIl is making these schools that were bag schools have to pay more or raising the prices for current roster and recruits. **** they couldve bagged kids for 25k etc now they gotta give that to 3 star level centers. lol

Last edited:
Deboar super power is x and o
He will rely on the bama brand that saban built up plus the network off bagmen to keep the players rolling
He probly won’t recruit like saban but the good ole boys who back the program will never allow themselves to fall out the top 10
So we’ll see if his xo can make up the difference

The problem is Kirby bc he has them rolling like bama used too
Not just Kirby...the problem will be instate with Auburn and themm when ever they want to ...get WILD with spending.

Add to it their conference up n added bag schools like OU an Texas and.....good luck. Thouhgt those 2 wont fully factor in Bamas recruiting hugely. Bama does dip into texas some...but their current hc may be can absorb some pnw talent. california and midwest with his contacts

Not just Kirby...the problem will be instate with Auburn and themm when ever they want to ...get WILD with spending.

Add to it their conference up n added bag schools like OU a Texas and.....good luck. Thouhgt those 2 wont fully factor in Bamas recruiting hugely. Bama does dip into texas some...but their current hc may be can absorb some pnw talent. california and midwest with his contacts
In many ways the best guy for bama was Mario
Someone who would have kept stacking the classes
I think with deboar bama wont keep up

Advertisement
I keep reading online (reddit, etc) that Bama has the 3rd biggest collective out there. Their fans swear the collective is solid. Where's the disconnect?

I usually see BAMA fans acknowledge they’re not up to par with NIL (Reddit).

Advertisement
How do we see this playing out? Recruiting wise

I would say we obviously lost to Saban as a whole.

Do recruits take a wait and see approach? Meaning Mario wins in the first few years?

Does DeBoer fail on the east coast? No ties?

Does he stay west coast?

Will he be better than Saban?
Did you do any research on him? Kalen Deboer has never had a recruiting class anywhere ranked above 29th and that was only on one sight. His classes annually up to this point have been based on dudes who are 3 stars. Clearly that won't be the approach at bama. But there's not exactly some reason to be freaking out about this recruiting juggernaut that bama just signed. Also not exactly sure I'd agree that Satan just dominated us since Mario has arrived either. I'd say it was not too bad,while I'd agree they had slight upperhand.

Did you do any research on him? Kalen Deboer has never had a recruiting class anywhere ranked above 29th and that was only on one sight. His classes annually up to this point have been based on dudes who are 3 stars. Clearly that won't be the approach at bama. But there's not exactly some reason to be freaking out about this recruiting juggernaut that bama just signed. Also not exactly sure I'd agree that Satan just dominated us since Mario has arrived either. I'd say it was not too bad,while I'd agree they had slight upperhand.
No. Domination meaning since he’s was at Bama. Mario is doing great on that front.

All I know is no one will touch Georgia for awhile. They have a 5 mill recruiting budget. Twice as much as the second highest budget. So with Saban gone they will clean up ever more so. Look for them to average around 315 the next 5 years unless something changes.

Advertisement
When you're an elite school, you don't have to have the NIL other wannabes have. They're playing catch up and you can point to your success on the field and in the draft. There's value in that. To get a kid an elite wants, you better come with a bigger bag as your dollar isn't as valuable as theirs.

Mario needs to show more progress on the field this year. Not as much as we (CIS) will demand. kids will buy his message combined with NIL and MIAMI more than we will lol.

IMO 9 wins or more and he’ll still beat anyone not named Kirby Smart, with exceptions being WRs at Taint and QB at USC, for kids open to programs outside of their hometown favorite.

Louisiana kids will still flock to LSU, Texas kids still go to UT or A2M, etc. But if Mario wants a kid and they’re mobile, he’ll be in their top 3 choices every time. Bama in the next tier now.

Advertisement
I usually see BAMA fans acknowledge they’re not up to par with NIL (Reddit).
Now they not up to par but Saban was saying Bryce was the first to touch M’s. They cappin and coping hard now and that’s there go to excuse. They got bank they just finding out Saban was the goat at recruiting, excuses excuses excuses. Pause

Not sure. I wasn't on that engagement but they sought the firm I've been working with for some consulting, budgeting, and strategy. Had some processes created for monitoring and approvals as well.

Its not common to carry a huge balance in the bank as the money is being allocated and coming in monthly but it's nice to keep a little reserve. One of my friends at the firm basically said they're gonna run out of money within 3 months if they don't up contributions. Their NIL agreements totaled like $475k per month and their contributions were sitting around $350k per month and there was conflict with a key booster that didn't support NIL and wasn't going to give anymore because someone he paid for out of high school had left the program. He basically said he was wasting his money and was fine just waiting for NCAA revenue sharing with players. Now you'll see Saban advocating for that in his retirement...

Meanwhile Miami's NIL allocation was around $750-800k per month at the same point in time.

All I know is no one will touch Georgia for awhile. They have a 5 mill recruiting budget. Twice as much as the second highest budget. So with Saban gone they will clean up ever more so. Look for them to average around 315 the next 5 years unless something changes.
UT (Texas) can likely match or surpass them if necessary.

Advertisement
Back