Mario vs DeBoer recruiting

Advertisement
Been telling y’all this for a long time now.

They fooled Deboer as well. Their boosters aren’t really wanting to step up either from all I’ve heard. They’re entitled.

My firm (firm contracting me on these engagements) has reviewed and/or consulted 6 SEC collectives and ‘Yea Alabama’ is 6th out of 6 by a wide margin. Weaker than Kentucky’s ‘15 Club’.
I imagine Kentucky is probably actually organized better than we'd initially think due to Basketball...

They fooled Deboer as well. Their boosters aren’t really wanting to step up either from all I’ve heard. They’re entitled.

My firm (firm contracting me on these engagements) has reviewed and/or consulted 6 SEC collectives and ‘Yea Alabama’ is 6th out of 6 by a wide margin. Weaker than Kentucky’s ‘15 Club’.
I think part of it was Saban was icing them out. They weren’t going to give unless they got a say. Saban’s rep and track record covered the lack of funds

Advertisement
I think part of it was Saban was icing them out. They weren’t going to give unless they got a say. Saban’s rep and track record covered the lack of funds
Saban wanted more and warned them it wasn’t up to par for when he’s not there anymore. Don’t think anyone realized it was happening this off-season and they thought they had time.

Our annual NIL is more than double Alabama… for the record. As of the 2023 budget. And what I’d imagine 2024 is going to be with Ward in the fold. More than half of that deal is new money that didn’t exist last year

Saban wanted more and warned them it wasn’t up to par for when he’s not there anymore. Don’t think anyone realized it was happening this off-season and they thought they had time.

Our annual NIL is more than double Alabama… for the record. As of the 2023 budget. And what I’d imagine 2024 is going to be with Ward in the fold. More than half of that deal is new money that didn’t exist last year
wheel GIF

How do we see this playing out? Recruiting wise

I would say we obviously lost to Saban as a whole.

Do recruits take a wait and see approach? Meaning Mario wins in the first few years?

Does DeBoer fail on the east coast? No ties?

Does he stay west coast?

Will he be better than Saban?
Lost to Saban? **** no! Mario single handedly forced Saban to retire:

What was Bama’s biggest issue this season? O-line. Rather than playing for another ship, bama was sent packing after another bad snap. Where was the OL talent they usually have waiting to be next man up? Miami. Realizing this drain of talent couldn’t be plugged, Saban retired.

Ergo…. Mario ended Sabans career.

Advertisement

Thanks

Wonder why Mincey would stay at Bama with Saban gone and NLI being significantly lower there

Do recruits take a wait and see approach? Meaning Mario wins in the first few years?

Does he stay west coast?

We will dominate him on the trail let’s be serious here.

Looks like some think he’ll be around 5-7 recruit ranking each year but win more because of coaching.

Advertisement

I keep reading online (reddit, etc) that Bama has the 3rd biggest collective out there. Their fans swear the collective is solid. Where's the disconnect?

Does he stay west coast?

Deboar super power is x and o
He will rely on the bama brand that saban built up plus the network off bagmen to keep the players rolling
He probly won’t recruit like saban but the good ole boys who back the program will never allow themselves to fall out the top 10
So we’ll see if his xo can make up the difference

The problem is Kirby bc he has them rolling like bama used too

Advertisement
I keep reading online (reddit, etc) that Bama has the 3rd biggest collective out there. Their fans swear the collective is solid. Where's the disconnect?
Not sure. I wasn't on that engagement but they sought the firm I've been working with for some consulting, budgeting, and strategy. Had some processes created for monitoring and approvals as well.

Its not common to carry a huge balance in the bank as the money is being allocated and coming in monthly but it's nice to keep a little reserve. One of my friends at the firm basically said they're gonna run out of money within 3 months if they don't up contributions. Their NIL agreements totaled like $475k per month and their contributions were sitting around $350k per month and there was conflict with a key booster that didn't support NIL and wasn't going to give anymore because someone he paid for out of high school had left the program. He basically said he was wasting his money and was fine just waiting for NCAA revenue sharing with players. Now you'll see Saban advocating for that in his retirement...

Meanwhile Miami's NIL allocation was around $750-800k per month at the same point in time.

Maybe they have the 3rd biggest in terms of numbers of donors, but not actual dollars?

Advertisement
Back