Mario versus his predecessors

CalCane

Redshirt Freshman
I know we all know what the major issue has been with Miami football the past 20 years. We have never hired a real dog and a real coach and the main reason has been because the administration hasn’t taken football serious. Thus, we have always settled. But seeing what Mario has already accomplished just in recruiting alone make me wonder how bad our hires have been. I’ve always believed Miami, because of its location and the talent in S FL should recruit itself. I was excited with Golden showers, pRicht, and even Manure because we had hope.
But looking back do you think the players we did get was because of Miami or was it because of a lispy politician?
I still think Mario will have a head scratcher or two a year but in a few short weeks I think we can see that we have had amazingly underwhelming hires since the players hired Coker.
Every time we’ve hired a new coach it’s been all excitement until recruiting comes along. We lose recruit after recruit. Then the excuses come. Seeing we flipped a recruit from Alabama makes me feel like an abused woman who finally met the guy will treat me to strawberries and champagne and not a devastating right upper cut. Finally, I want. To be. A Miami Hurricane. Let’s go!

Advertisement
Randy Shannon had the #1 recruiting class in 2008 and flipped Marve from Alabama the previous year. Let's hope Cristobal turns out to be a better gameday coach.
Shannon had the #1 class in some services because we signed 32 kids. A lot those kids never showed or were out within 2 years. It was a quantity rating. Shannon had Patrick Nix and Tim Walton as coordinators. My two dogs would perform better than Nix and Walton. Cristobal will hire top line coordinators. Take it to the bank. He certainly has the coin to do it.

Shannon had the #1 class in some services because we signed 32 kids. A lot those kids never showed or were out within 2 years. It was a quantity rating. Shannon had Patrick Nix and Tim Walton as coordinators. My two dogs would perform better than Nix and Walton. Cristobal will hire top line coordinators. Take it to the bank. He certainly has the coin to do it.
He also never came close to signing as good a class as that one again.

Advertisement
I know we all know what the major issue has been with Miami football the past 20 years. We have never hired a real dog and a real coach and the main reason has been because the administration hasn’t taken football serious. Thus, we have always settled. But seeing what Mario has already accomplished just in recruiting alone make me wonder how bad our hires have been. I’ve always believed Miami, because of its location and the talent in S FL should recruit itself. I was excited with Golden showers, pRicht, and even Manure because we had hope.
But looking back do you think the players we did get was because of Miami or was it because of a lispy politician?
I still think Mario will have a head scratcher or two a year but in a few short weeks I think we can see that we have had amazingly underwhelming hires since the players hired Coker.
Every time we’ve hired a new coach it’s been all excitement until recruiting comes along. We lose recruit after recruit. Then the excuses come. Seeing we flipped a recruit from Alabama makes me feel like an abused woman who finally met the guy will treat me to strawberries and champagne and not a devastating right upper cut. Finally, I want. To be. A Miami Hurricane. Let’s go!
You gon let him smash??

Advertisement
Randy Shannon had the #1 recruiting class in 2008 and flipped Marve from Alabama the previous year. Let's hope Cristobal turns out to be a better gameday coach.
I talked to Marve at my son's football game in 08. My son played for Robinson HS, they were playing Plant.

Attachments

• 148599_172294932789248_8074830_n.jpg
    148599_172294932789248_8074830_n.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 85
Advertisement
Shannon also failed to land the most important recruit in that class, Patrick Johnson/Peterson. Like you said, that 2008 “number one” class was a paper tiger.

Advertisement
Do not overlook budget. Richt had a monster budget and sleepwalked through 9 and 10 win seasons at UGA. He landed major talent even in his later years feeling the earliest effects of Parkinson’s before losing his job in Athens. He came down to his old college and struggled to form a staff and had to donate his own money to inspire others to help fund the IPF.
Mario comes with a new budget and a promise that things will be different. Dan Rad and $20M are going to change the face of the program.

Do not overlook budget. Richt had a monster budget and sleepwalked through 9 and 10 win seasons at UGA. He landed major talent even in his later years feeling the earliest effects of Parkinson’s before losing his job in Athens. He came down to his old college and struggled to form a staff and had to donate his own money to inspire others to help fund the IPF.
Mario comes with a new budget and a promise that things will be different. Dan Rad and $20M are going to change the face of the program.
It's 99% this that will make the difference. This is also the reason Mario and Dan are at UM now. The commitment of $$$ and the improvements in personnel can't be separated. If Mario had been hired in 2016 he would have eventually washed out at Miami. None of this would be happening like it is now

I'll say this, the last four coaches had significantly more exciting introductory press conferences. Much better public speakers. I'm quite optimistic because Mario wasn't that way. I'm tired of used car salesman

I think the first year we go
9-3 and build up from there. I do think we can win one with Mario but let’s see how it plays out.

Advertisement
Back