Coaching Mario talking about the DC hiring process...

Advertisement
That was an impressive answer to a question that probably implied "why did it take so long to hire a DC". Those of us who either publicly complained or privately lamented (present company included) need to shut up and let this man do his job.

Yes, it has taken longer than most us wanted, but when you layer in that it is the height of recruiting season and consider the domino impact of collegiate and NFL vacancies this time of year, it is understandable.

Thanks for sharing.

Advertisement
I he hired Arroyo here you're not about to call that trash?
Nope. Is he severely underwhelming, doesn’t remotely move the needle - below mediocre type hire? Yeah for sure.

Manny is trash. Enos is trash. But none of them led an offense to a PAC-12 champ title and a rose bowl win.

I’m not saying he’s good because he’s not - but my definition of trash is someone completely incapable of coaching at this level. At least Arroyo and Moorhead got HC jobs, if anything.

Nope. Is he severely underwhelming, doesn’t remotely move the needle - below mediocre type hire? Yeah for sure.

Manny is trash. Enos is trash. But none of them led an offense to a PAC-12 champ title and a rose bowl win.

I’m not saying he’s good because he’s not - but my definition of trash is someone completely incapable of coaching at this level. At least Arroyo and Moorhead got HC jobs, if anything.

Sounds more like a semantic argument over the word trash to me.

Replace trash with severely underwhelming and i'm totally cool with that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm kind of thinking Mario pulls from the NFL ranks... I was checking out recent NFL teams that turned over HC's. I saw the Bears DC - Sean Desai has Miami ties back in 2011 albeit under Golden's time. He is a very smart dude...

Advertisement
Back