Coaching Mario talking about the DC hiring process...

Advertisement
I'm kind of thinking Mario pulls from the NFL ranks... I was checking out recent NFL teams that turned over HC's. I saw the Bears DC - Sean Desai has Miami ties back in 2011 albeit under Golden's time. He is a very smart dude...
I’d be happy with that.

Chicago promoted him to dc last year because he spent time under fangio when he was there.. Now I would be surprised if he doesn’t get any offers to be a DC, the league is transitioning to fangio’s scheme and he has learned it and called it so I think teams will be interested in him or he might go to the chargers with staley, they worked together under vic in Chicago. Also could see him following fangio as a position coach

Advertisement
View attachment 172387

He talks he talk & walks the walk. 2 top 10 classes last 3 cycles as well. He will have us playing for hardware. It will take some time, hopefully not as long with free agency via the portal. Our fans will have pitchforks & torches out if he doesn’t get to the playoffs next season probably though. He knows what its supposed to look like at the highest level & was well on his way to building a factory out west. I hope he has success & the OL mauls for the next 2 decades.
why would ppl expect playoffs next year? he couldn't even get a powerhouse team to the playoffs now he has a dumpsterfire team.

why would ppl expect playoffs next year? he couldn't even get a powerhouse team to the playoffs now he has a dumpsterfire team.
I don’t think a team with a an like TVD is a complete dumpster fire. As a matter of fact, the young man has us ranked. Now I don’t expect the playoffs, I think we will be pleasantly surprised………wezzie troll.

I’d be happy with that.

Chicago promoted him to dc last year because he spent time under fangio when he was there.. Now I would be surprised if he doesn’t get any offers to be a DC, the league is transitioning to fangio’s scheme and he has learned it and called it so I think teams will be interested in him or he might go to the chargers with staley, they worked together under vic in Chicago. Also could see him following fangio as a position coach
Bears fan here. Desai would be amazing but just don’t see him coming to college. He would definitely be worth holding out for.

Advertisement
We only took 6 hours to find Manny Diaz, so maybe taking a very long time is the right approach. Will it be before spring ball starts or will we let the old coaching staff coach spring practice like the bowl game practices?

Advertisement
I don’t think a team with a an like TVD is a complete dumpster fire. As a matter of fact, the young man has us ranked. Now I don’t expect the playoffs, I think we will be pleasantly surprised………wezzie troll.
he had justin herbert... got him 4 losses.......

I'm kind of thinking Mario pulls from the NFL ranks... I was checking out recent NFL teams that turned over HC's. I saw the Bears DC - Sean Desai has Miami ties back in 2011 albeit under Golden's time. He is a very smart dude...
Resume As a coach:
Temple (2006–2010)
Defensive & special teams coach
Miami (FL) (2011)

Assistant director of football operations
Boston College (2012)
Running backs coach & special teams coordinator
Chicago Bears (2013–2018)
Defensive quality control coach
Chicago Bears (2019–2020)
Safeties coach
Chicago Bears (2021–present)
Defensive coordinator

He is only 38 years old. He took over for Chuck Pagano (Cane). He may not have a job for long as the bears fired their head coach. I'm not sure if he wants to go back to the college ranks or not.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back