Mario says "You better watch out".... LOL

1701385690234-png.268681

Advertisement
Advertisement
Russell, Minaya, Day, Thomas, and like Frederique are the guys I could see moving on - though out of those 3 DBs, I’d expect at least 1 to stick. If Lyle flips I can see Wheatley-Humphrey leaving and us not fighting to keep him.

They've been calling CWH an athlete and alluding to position switch.

Why Minaya? Mario and Mirabal have been pretty deliberate with OL recruiting.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well you're not saying to drop mack, so presumably you are too for some lol. I mean if prefer also getting lawayne McCoy at CB too...

Shavers hasn't had a good senior year? If he hasn't I could see him being on the block. Plus one of The two safeties in Day/Thomas. Think someone said one of them tore their ACL twice or some ****... That doesn't sound like worth the risk.
Jojo lives with Mack who is a Cane legacy. I believe he’s like the “glue guy” of that group which is why no one mentions him as a drop. Fed is the most likely one to pick off if you’re trying to keep the others of the group in the class.

That being said I don’t think they drop him. If any of the local guys get dropped I think it’s Russell and/or CWH (maybe because we land Lyle and he doesn’t want to be 3rd RB in class)

Mario making a massive trip around the country to visit all Cane commits. Those loafers will be picking up a lot of miles!

(That's why Addae is the only one visiting Mincey on Sunday.)

ON3 site speculating that Mincey will quietly sign on ESD but not announce it until the UnderArmour game in January

Advertisement

Why Minaya? Mario and Maribal have been pretty deliberate with OL recruiting.
A lot of our fans just want to drop lower guys to improve the ranking but they’re missing the part about how much the staff evaluated some of these guys

They said the same thing about Frankie last year

It could happen that we drop guys sure but I just don’t see it being realistic if you followed their recruitments. They weren’t just taking guys to take them that was pretty obvious

Why Minaya? Mario and Maribal have been pretty deliberate with OL recruiting.
I think CWH should switch to CB 1) because Cb is more valuable than rb, and any player that CAN play both should try Cb first and 2) we NEED Cb, and he’d be like 6th on the depth chart at RB, plus we don’t really need 3 TBs this class.

Minaya - I have no idea. But on a list of potential drops, he one of our lowest rated commits. The reason I listed him over nino, is because I think Nino is exclusively a center, while Minaya is a guard. And we have much larger need at Center than guard…. Look I’m gunna trust whatever Cristobal and Mirabal want to do at OLine. And unlike most In actually not worried at all that we are mostly signing 3 star OLineman after last class filled with studs.

A lot of our fans just want to drop lower guys to improve the ranking but they’re missing the part about how much the staff evaluated some of these guys

It could happen that we drop guys sure but I just don’t see it being realistic if you followed their recruitments. They weren’t just taking guys to take them that was pretty obvious

I'm not in that camp, I actually think Minaya can be okay. I just don't think he's as important as the other targets and we're hitting up against the 85 team cap real quick now. First time I've worried about that cap in forever. Russell, Minaya, Judd, and a DB or two are all guys I'd be fine with Mario pushing out.

As many have noted, he's not known for doing that. Just think now is worth the exception given the urgency to get this roster right.

Advertisement

Yea, some OL will take longer to develop.

Advertisement
Back