Mario on Sirius XM Radio

Advertisement
The world's most overcoached sport becomes increasingly overcoached.

I’ll play devil’s advocate; I don’t think it’s a good thing. Ur staff have to be incredibly in sync. Too many personalities & it can be essentially become too many cooks in the kitchen. A HC is going to have monitor the temperature of their on field staff to make sure it’s seamless.

I’ll play devil’s advocate; I don’t think it’s a good thing. U’re staff has to be incredibly in sync. Too many personalities & it can be essentially become too many cooks in the kitchen. A HC is going to have monitor the temperature of their on field staff to make sure it’s seamless.
It's totally bloated. I'm coming around- quickly- to the idea of more limited rosters.

Advertisement
I’ll play devil’s advocate; I don’t think it’s a good thing. Ur staff have to be incredibly in sync. Too many personalities & it can be essentially become too many cooks in the kitchen. A HC is going to have monitor the temperature of their on field staff to make sure it’s seamless.
Don't worry. Mario will micromanage them. We good.

And with how hurt the feelings can become with some of the South Florida people. This is going to be a nightmare lol

I guess playing devil's advocate to your devil's advocate, what is actually changing? The big programs legit have 100's of "support" staff to help the kids and on game day I see a **** ton of guys who look like they could be coaches (just rocking polos and ****) going up and down the sideline. I severely doubt a HC would hire 2 or 3 or 5 defensive coordinators and they need to figure it out, or hire 3-4 CB coaches, I think the traditional model will stay in tact and each coach may have assistants under him which is basically what you have with the support staff. They may just be saying the quiet part out loud now.

I guess playing devil's advocate to your devil's advocate, what is actually changing? The big programs legit have 100's of "support" staff to help the kids and on game day I see a **** ton of guys who look like they could be coaches (just rocking polos and ****) going up and down the sideline. I severely doubt a HC would hire 2 or 3 or 5 defensive coordinators and they need to figure it out, or hire 3-4 CB coaches, I think the traditional model will stay in tact and each coach may have assistants under him which is basically what you have with the support staff. They may just be saying the quiet part out loud now.

Being on field “coaching” vs. support staff r two fundamental differences.

Advertisement
Being on field “coaching” vs. support staff r two fundamental differences.
I understand that but what I am saying is I went to a practice this past spring. There were people all over the field assisting in drills and seemingly "coaching" and it was people I have never seen before nor recognized. Then I see the same people on sidelines during games. I guess I am curious how this plays out in actuality, do you disagree that a HC would not hire multiple DC's or OC's etc?

I understand that but what I am saying is I went to a practice this past spring. There were people all over the field assisting in drills and seemingly "coaching" and it was people I have never seen before nor recognized. Then I see the same people on sidelines during games. I guess I am curious how this plays out in actuality, do you disagree that a HC would not hire multiple DC's or OC's etc?

Like I said, I don’t “think” it’s a good idea. Do u know how many coaches hire “analyst” who are former coaches looking to revive their careers? Again, my whole point is making sure the staff is in sync & managed. That’s all.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Like I said, I don’t “think” it’s a good idea. Do u know many coaches hire “analyst” who are former coaches looking to revive their careers? Again, my whole point is making sure the staff is in sync & managed. That’s all.
I agree with your general point that too many chefs in the kitchen likely make a ****** dish and yeah with what Saban was doing at Bama with his school of reforming former HC's I could for sure see issues. My only comment was I do not see the "10 coach max" being enforced actually on the field so I am wondering what it actually changes.

So I guess question is now..what other on field coaches would be added? Would there be lets say an Assistant DL coach that works under Jason Taylor and handles the analytical part of the role (guy holding the tablet while all the DL surround him type role) while Jason can strictly concentrate on what Guidry wants his guys to do next drive?

Advertisement
Maybe he will be looking for die hard canes that will follow his lead and be loyal to the program. Perfect retirement gig for me in a few years lol

Advertisement
Back