Mario on Joe Rose tomorrow: 7 am

Advertisement
He acknowledged Shemar Stewart.

“We missed out on the big one.”
This is how you know hes a big time recruiter and is use to being in it until the end for big time, 5* level kids. This is a response of someone who knows when you are going after 5* kids, you wont get all of them. You take your lumps, admit when you missed one, and keep it moving.

An amateur would pout and still use corny lines like, "Either your with us or against us" like Diaz and folks of his ilk use to say. Glad those days are behind us.

I am starting to look at this coaching staff the same way Finebaum looks at Alabama.
Like this?

miniGif_20210806221014.gif

Interesting they had 88 drops at Oregon with Herbert. There's been a lot of questions about the offense at Oregon. Herbert was handicapped by the young receivers, then they were held back by the QB last year.
If he mentioned this, he absolutely has a mole on his staff that their only job is to be on this site 24/7 because this has absolutely been an ongoing narrative on CIS. That he handcuffed Herbert and didnt max his potential out and he could do the same to TVD. Glad he threw these stats out there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If he mentioned this, he absolutely has a mole on his staff that their only job is to be on this site 24/7 because this has absolutely been an ongoing narrative on CIS. That he handcuffed Herbert and didnt max his potential out and he could do the same to TVD. Glad he threw these stats out there.
He put it in the context of trying to talk up Herbert to the NFL scouts. They were wondering about his numbers being relatively low, but Cristobal was trying to explain that the WR's were young and they had all the drops. Without the drops, but estimated over 4,000 yds passing.

Advertisement
Chaney? Yes.

Knighton? Disagree. He has produced when he has played, both as sub and starter.

But, I love Mario's quote tho.

Chaney? Yes.

Knighton? Disagree. He has produced when he has played, both as sub and starter.

But, I love Mario's quote tho.
Knighton did reel off some explosive long plays. If you took those plays out of his stats, though, think the numbers for the bulk of his work would be pretty average. He's versatile, so maybe his best role is as a third down back.

Or, could be all our backs are held back by OL play. Hard to tell and I think that is what Mario is saying (not wanting to commit to our having elite RBs returning).

Yep. If you listened to that interview and still came away with Mario off. held JH back, you’re an idiot lol

I feel like you can say a player is not a guaranteed starter and recognize there’s probably not anyone on the roster capable of taking their spots.

Advertisement
Back