Coaching Mario on Joe Rose this morning - 3/25

Advertisement
Possibly. But look on the bright side. That many coaches wanting to attend a coaching clinic held by Mario and the U shows great interest and respect for what Mario is doing.

Also I would think Mario has a plan in place to make it functional and fun for all. Dude is 100% focused on structure. Seems like a lot but we have a ton of coaches and support staff to host the event I would think.

Advertisement
cliffs

- best practice of spring so far w/ jimmy setting the tone
- importance of having coaches clinic post pandemic
- RSVP list 400, 500 cubans will show up
- all focus all energy poured into work, cranking up intensity levels to get better
- watched games multiple times, talent assessment + performance tying into scheme

- will be looking into the transfer portal all the way till game 1, multiple spots avail, multiple positions need upgrading

- tons of practice film to evaluate, getting better long way to go

- will wait till scrimmage 1 w/ depth chart, will be graded/coached like a real game
- principles of shedding blocks and the fundamentals stressed everyday

- joe rose gets invited to practice, doesnt realize he has been invited to practice

- declines to give his normal day, "some people have hobbies, like traveling the world or fine art, I love ball"
- "gotta find guys that are bout that life, the way we coach/teach"
- jimmy said one thing that really struck him when he went from Miami to Dallas was "wow we really had some good players at miami" "those funny lines in the playbook work better w/ those guys "

- UMiami is about hard hard work, not tweeting, executing, opportunity, living life at a certain standard

Last edited:
Advertisement
cliffs

- all focus all energy poured into work, cranking up intensity levels to get better
- watched games multiple times, talent assessment + performance tying into scheme

- will be looking into the transfer portal all the way till game 1, multiple spots avail, multiple positions need upgrading

- will wait till scrimmage 1 w/ depth chart, will be graded/coached like a real game

- joe rose gets invited to practice, doesnt realize he has been invited to practice

- declines to give his normal day, "some people have hobbies, like traveling the world or fine art, I love ball"
Saban's fingerprints are all over how Mario is running things. Mario mentions Saban (without being asked or provoked) 2 times directly regarding things like not a depth chart but an org. chart, and what types of people he wants around the program from staff, personnel, and players.

I like how Mario is implementing the Saban blueprint, but maintaining the Miami identity and culture allowing former players, etc at practices. I notice in his interview, he's always promoting the City of Miami. For example, Joe says, "how did you get all the top coaches to come to the clinic?" Mario: "The city of Miami is always going to attract people."

Last edited:
Advertisement
cliffs

- jimmy said one thing that really struck him when he went from Miami to Dallas was "wow we really had some good players at miami" "those funny lines in the playbook work better w/ those guys "

- UMiami is about hard hard work, not tweeting, executing, opportunity, living life at a certain standard
SIAP is there a date for the first scrimmage?

Advertisement
cliffs

a few of the coaches yesterday mentioned the same thing, it is not about t-shirts or slogans, but about the hard work. Mario et al. have been saying that since December, they are certainly tuned into the clusterfornication that was left behind.

Advertisement
Back