Mario on Joe Rose 11/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
lol 8-4 is a one game improvement to last year on a soft schedule. were going 4-8 while losing 5 home games once Pitt beats us.

Again, so what? Why did you need 8-4 this year? Will you be happy with 12-1 in 2026 if it means taking a step backwards now?

Again, so what? Why did you need 8-4 this year? Will you be happy with 12-1 in 2026 if it means taking a step backwards now?
this isnt the nFL. losing does nothing for you in college. you dont need to look like the worst team in the power 5 to have success later on lol. right now, this has been a failure from all parties. when the staff gets cleaned out, thats admitting failure too

Exactly we haven’t seen much of a difference in how the young guys (non Manny recruits) and transfers have looked compared to the Manny recruits this year. The only kids you can get excited about from their play this year are Rivers, Mesidor, Taylor, Kinchens, Cooper, Young, and maybe Jacurri and Parrish. Some are Manny’s guys, some are Mario’s guys.
Kinchens has been horrible as of late! Used to be a sure tackler last year and a good decision maker on the back end and now he’s riffing left and right and taking bad gambles on set ups.

as are you and you still can't provide a good argument other than a misinformed post about gattis
I think with common sense which is some you clearly don't have. I'm sure you sit down to watch the game and scream and yell at the TV as if they can hear you. I understand your a passionate guy that gets too emotional about things. So if you clearly would have read what I put. I want Gattis gone too and I do think he's gone at years end. I do think he was wrong in his approach at the beginning of the year, he tried to make changes but the injury bug made **** worse. So relax snow flake, things will be ok.

Advertisement
I think with common sense which is some you clearly don't have. I'm sure you sit down to watch the game and scream and yell at the TV as if they can hear you. I understand your a passionate guy that gets too emotional about things. So if you clearly would have read what I put. I want Gattis gone too and I do think he's gone at years end. I do think he was wrong in his approach at the beginning of the year, he tried to make changes but the injury bug made **** worse. So relax snow flake, things will be ok.
lol the injury bug that never improved at Oregon until the staff came to miami? this isnt a one time injury issue for Mario and his guys. they dealt with the same **** at Oregon constantly. it somehow improved this year which isnt a coincidence.

Destroyed by Middle Tennessee State, Duke, and FSU at home. You have to try and do that.
Mario literally could have said, "Alright guys... fucc practice ....all week. Just show up at 12:00 noon Saturday to get taped for the game". and we probably wouldn't have looked much worse.

lol the injury bug that never improved at Oregon until the staff came to miami? this isnt a one time injury issue for Mario and his guys. they dealt with the same **** at Oregon constantly. it somehow improved this year which isnt a coincidence
Our injuries didn't happen by none contact drills. Guys weren't out there tear acls in doing rope drills. It's a contact sport. Some years you have a few other you have alot. Like placing blame on a coach is just down right ignorant.

Our injuries didn't happen by none contact drills. Guys weren't out there tear acls in doing rope drills. It's a contact sport. Some years you have a few other you have alot. Like placing blame on a coach is just down right ignorant.
again, this has been explained by someone else too. honestly stop posting and go do a re read of the topics youre bringing up bc it was de bunked

Advertisement
Look, I've been calling him Fat Manny or Corch. It's both funny and a result of frustration.

Realistically, let's give him time. This wasn't a team that had talent that was blowing people out of the water or a perennial ACC contender, in previous years. The talent and development was off. The culture needed a shift. Mario didn't bring his entire staff from Oregon and took an ambitious route to putting "historically" successful guys on staff.

Year one was always going to expectedly frustrating or unexpectedly successful. Let's see what he can do in year two. Culture doesn't change overnight and you can blame the previous head coach for the lack of a successful mindset.

Which is on the coaches. For10 months they watched film of this team last year, watched them in practice, watched 7 on 7’s, qb’s throwing to wr’s in shorts, watched these kids in the weight room and doing drills, etc. and they kept on trying to put the same square in a round hole.
That is as bad as mullet continuously trotting out franks over trask

It's so refreshing to watch Mike McDaniel run one of the most creative and explosive offenses in the NFL on Sunday after having to watch one of the least creative and worst offense in college football on Saturday. It's like the difference between a Pre K teacher and a professor at Yale or something

Advertisement
You can watch all of those things, prep for things, practice it but til live bullets start flying you have no idea how kids will truly respond. 10 months still isn't enough time to break 90% of this team from the all the bad habits. This team had no idea hard work was. Ever notice how any of the guys that have left the team for other programs never really seems to do much and if they do its a few years down the road? We were a very broken program. Now I do agree Gattis has to go. I think his actions have cost him his job but if I were to sully base judgment off his performance, I couldn't because I still don't know what he can do with a full healthy roster
You were talking about trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. That was my response to it. The reading comprehension is on here.

why are we excited about brown? bc hes not Jake? he provides a diff element bc the OL is banged up but I didnt see much of anything in limited snaps that gives me hope (very limited snaps so its not an indictment on him - just needs more snaps).
I said maybe Brown and solely because he provides a different element. I’m not excited about him being “the” starting QB but so have excitement of him being a wildcat qb or gadget type player.

What will your excuses be for next year when we are staring at missing out on another bowl game? Injuries again? That would be 6 straight years of Mario’s injury problems following him to 2 different stops. Maybe the problem will be the remaining 15-20 players still leftover from Manny’s time here?

Advertisement
Kinchens has been horrible as of late! Used to be a sure tackler last year and a good decision maker on the back end and now he’s riffing left and right and taking bad gambles on set ups.
The point still stands that most of Mario’s guys here now, some who were very good players at other schools haven’t shown us much either. So the problem is limited to the players left over from the previous regime.

It really doesn't mater what any of these coaches says. The product on the field is what matters, and it has been embarrassingly clear that we are a bad team. It sucks but it's our reality.

What will your excuses be for next year when we are staring at missing out on another bowl game? Injuries again? That would be 6 straight years of Mario’s injury problems following him to 2 different stops. Maybe the problem will be the remaining 15-20 players still leftover from Manny’s time here?
I don't expect next year to sunshine and rainbows. . I fully understand that this a rebuild. Recruits are nice but there's still adjustment to college level, transfers are nice but they come with their own bad habits that have to be worked out. And fully expect new coaches at some key spots. I hope the injuries don't come back but if they do then maybe the strength needs to go too. Still too many moving parts to expect perfection. I just want to see progress

I don't expect next year to sunshine and rainbows. . I fully understand that this a rebuild. Recruits are nice but there's still adjustment to college level, transfers are nice but they come with their own bad habits that have to be worked out. And fully expect new coaches at some key spots. I hope the injuries don't come back but if they do then maybe the strength needs to go too. Still too many moving parts to expect perfection. I just want to see progress
So we should expect a few more hard fought battles with Miami OH and Temple next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back