Mario on Gattis / Staff

Advertisement
How can you judge Gattis with this garbage ol and all the injuries we have by your logic. Seriously, Gattis is trash and Lashlee is average. That's why none of the big boys never tried to hire him
I knew gattis was awful from southern miss on. I said it on here. I can spot a trash can OC esp after what he did at Michigan as a sole oC. hes a Fraud and a trash of a human being. maybe **** **** someone else's mom and cost us a recruit like this ******* did at Michigan.

I knew gattis was awful from southern miss on. I said it on here. I can spot a trash can OC esp after what he did at Michigan as a sole oC. hes a Fraud and a trash of a human being. maybe **** **** someone else's mom and cost us a recruit like this ******* did at Michigan.
I don't do rumors. He needs to be fired though

Oregon was #10 in yards per play last year against Power 5. This year they are #3. I would largely attribute that difference to Quarterback play and Oregons injuries last year with Verdell tearing his knee up.

Quarterback personnel falls on Mario so fine to critique him on this, but the bro style **** is really played out. They were top 15 in yards per play against Power 5 in all 4 years of Mario’s HC tenure at Oregon.

He messed up the hiring process, badly, on both sides of the ball. People should be focusing on this, not whatever offense they think they believe Mario is married to because his offenses at Oregon were good.
The other side of that coin is they were 47th in yards per game and 47th is scoring because he wants a slow, methodical offense that doesn’t run as many plays as most modern offenses. The pac12 doesn’t have many good defenses either

Advertisement
Oregons RBs this year are transfers. they lost their best backs. they brought in a previously bum transfer QB from AU. Oregon had better runners last year w dye and Verdell. he also inherited a top tier QB but hasn't recruited a single useful one since. they also score a lot less overall than Dillinghams offense does this year.

This year Oregon is better by a yard per play and a TD per game. it’s semantics at this point.

The point is Oregon offense was good enough to win two conference title games, and a Rose Bowl while finishing top 15 in total offense every year Mario was there in terms of YPP. Their offense never looked like this ****.

Guys act like he publicly stated he wants to run Iowa’s offense.

The issue with the offense this year aren’t the principles/mandate of the offense. Every good team wants to run the ball. Lane Train runs for 270 a game.

The issue is the spacing utilized, constantly being outnumbered (we ran speed option with 10 personnel into a 8 man front on Saturday) and the lack of cohesion across the offensive coaching staff. That’s all on Mario. He messed up badly. But it doesn’t mean Mario is a caveman offensively.

This year Oregon is better by a yard per play and a TD per game. it’s semantics at this point.

The point is Oregon offense was good enough to win two conference title games, and a Rose Bowl while finishing top 15 in total offense every year Mario was there in terms of YPP. Their offense never looked like this ****.

Guys act like he publicly stated he wants to run Iowa’s offense.

The issue with the offense this year aren’t the principles/mandate of the offense. Every good team wants to run the ball. Lane Train runs for 270 a game.

The issue is the spacing utilized, constantly being outnumbered (we ran speed option with 10 personnel into a 8 man front on Saturday) and the lack of cohesion across the offensive coaching staff. That’s all on Mario. He messed up badly. But it doesn’t mean Mario is a caveman offensively.
for 100000th time, no one on here is saying we dont want tor un the ball. we can run the ball doing it w pace, tempo, and spreading it out. we dont need to run th ball up the middle like idiots in 2022. thats what were getting at. lane is an elite O mind. he can pass all over the field w Corrall or run through people based on his roster construction. good OCs know what works for the roster. we have idiots here including Mario who forced something that didnt work. you can show all the yards per play you want, the biggest thing is scoring. Oregon transformed in a single season replacing skill guys due to transfers out. we had a ton of yards on ATM and scored 9 points. yards are empty calories if you can't score the ball.

The other side of that coin is they were 47th in yards per game and 47th is scoring because he wants a slow, methodical offense that doesn’t run as many plays as most modern offenses. The pac12 doesn’t have many good defenses either
They were top 25 in points per game against power 5. 30 ppg. I hear you though. Pac 12 ain’t the SEC and I wish he used more pace. One thing he has publicly said is that he won’t run plays every 10 Seconds.

But the ACC ain’t exactly the SEC either in terms of defense…yet here we are. If we had 2/3rds of Oregons offensive production over Mario’s 4 years there we might be 8-2 right now.

Joe Brady isn’t a classic QB coach. If he’s doing it now. Not sure if he can coach mechanics. Schematically, I’d like him.
True. I'd like to think that he's learning from Dorsey....and I do believe he's the QB coach, or the Asst QB coach to Dorsey....because every time I see him he's with Josh Allen

Advertisement
for 100000th time, no one on here is saying we dont want tor un the ball. we can run the ball doing it w pace, tempo, and spreading it out. we dont need to run th ball up the middle like idiots in 2022. thats what were getting at. lane is an elite O mind. he can pass all over the field w Corrall or run through people based on his roster construction. good OCs know what works for the roster. we have idiots here including Mario who forced something that didnt work. you can show all the yards per play you want, the biggest thing is scoring. Oregon transformed in a single season replacing skill guys due to transfers out. we had a ton of yards on ATM and scored 9 points. yards are empty calories if you can't score the ball.

Oregon scores 37 per game this year against Power 5. Last year they scored 30. Insane “transformation”.

The point I was making to Mr Ghandi is that our offense sucks *** because of the playcaller and offensive teachers, not because Mario wants to run an archaic scheme. The stats over 4 years at Oregon just don’t back up that theory.

so dead weight on the staff include: Shattis, Ponce, Smith, Wright, Addae?

Why Wright?

He has 1 NFL player there (who he has gotten to play like it), 2 try hard guys in Agude and Harvey who have never been better than average pass rushers but are solid against the run and a true freshman who only sees the field in pass down situations. Wright is a young up & comer, but talent wins at the edge spot. He isn’t a magician, can only work with what he has and has done fine. JMO

Advertisement
Start doing your research boys:
These are all 2022 ytd stats:

Rushing

Scoring

3rd down

Now cross reference with good P5 experience and resume, and being a solid recruiter

He signed a 2 year contract…. So unless he takes a year off from coaching Miami’s liability is immaterial
Money will not be a determining factor one way or the other. Whatever Gattis’ buyout is will be a drop in the bucket to this new regime.

I will be very surprised if Gattis is retained. His results speak for themselves and overwhelmingly justify his release.

Advertisement
Money will not be a determining factor one way or the other. Whatever Gattis’ buyout is will be a drop in the bucket to this new regime.

I will be very surprised if Gattis is retained. His results speak for themselves and overwhelmingly justify his release.

1. Gattis is gone
2. We are in agreement money is an irrelevant variable in the decision to move in from Gattis

Oregon scores 37 per game this year against Power 5. Last year they scored 30. Insane “transformation”.

The point I was making to Mr Ghandi is that our offense sucks *** because of the playcaller and offensive teachers, not because Mario wants to run an archaic scheme. The stats over 4 years at Oregon just don’t back up that theory.
7 points is a lot.

Advertisement
Back