Mario just showed you what he thinks of TVD…..and he’s right

Maybe we should sit Restrepo and see if TVD can throw to someone else. Kidding of course but there are guys wide open all over the field so I’m not blaming Dawson. TVD locks onto guys and he’s got all day to throw. Blame Mario for things but not this one

Advertisement
It's time to split practice reps with the first team. We gotta get Emory ready.
Practice reps will not be enough to make Emory ready for FSU. It's not the same as live bullets in-game and with injuries mounted up on this team already, coaches can't be putting guys at risk by going full contact just for Emory.

Then why would you continue to play him if that's the case? The A&m game I thought maybe he has turned the corner. The UNC game is when I lost most my confidence in him. Defense holds up there end of the deal only for TVD give it right back.
So tell me how you know Emory wouldn't? He's got the line in front of him along with receivers. I feel like he rallied the team against Clemson including our defense.
Because he's the best option you have at this time.

If your job was dependent on Emory putting up points against FSU, would you bank your career on it?

Practice reps will not be enough to make Emory ready for FSU. It's not the same as live bullets in-game and with injuries mounted up on this team already, coaches can't be putting guys at risk by going full contact just for Emory.
We play NC State next week. Get him some first team reps in practice and play him against NC State.

imo TVD starts reading his own press and gets a big head.. then doesn't put in the work. Rookie of the year in 2021.. 2022 plays like *** till he gets hurt. No contact with wr's, playing golf, that kinda ****. 2022 offseason everybody talks about how bad he played, **** comes out about his attitude, and then he puts in work to come out on fire here in 2023. Wins a few games, lots of heisman talk, and imo he gets full of himself and stops putting in the work during the bye week leading to the gt debacle. TVD starts playing like *** again and throwing utterly stupid ints just like 2022. The question is, will he start putting in the work again after such poor performances leading to losses?
You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

Advertisement
I'm not buying that he was 100%. He was still wearing protection on one of his fingers. Who knows what kind of padding he had on underneath the uni? Mario is going by the reasoning "you don't lose your job because of injury". If he got all or mostly all of the reps in practice, he was going to be the starter.

We play NC State next week. Get him some first team reps in practice and play him against NC State.
Are you also in the group that expects to pursue a top notch QB in the portal?

If you appear to be a staff that benches your entrenched QB1 for an unproven freshman after a bad game, good luck getting one to come here.

As i said, there's very little in the Clemson game that tells me Emory is ready to be that guy. If so, there's no reason to bench TVD with all the other negatives that can come with it.

Are you also in the group that expects to pursue a top notch QB in the portal?

If you appear to be a staff that benches your entrenched QB1 for an unproven freshman after a bad game, good luck getting one to come here.

As i said, there's very little in the Clemson game that tells me Emory is ready to be that guy. If so, there's no reason to bench TVD with all the other negatives that can come with it.
I wouldn't bench TVD, but I would play both QBs. And he didn't just have a bad game, he's had three bad games in a row.

Advertisement
Maybe we should sit Restrepo and see if TVD can throw to someone else. Kidding of course but there are guys wide open all over the field so I’m not blaming Dawson. TVD locks onto guys and he’s got all day to throw. Blame Mario for things but not this one
George had more targets than 7 but do you

Advertisement
Blaming Mario as a “QB Killer” is laughable. Two of his biggest strengths (building a quality OL & developing a physical run game that leans on opponents) actually take a lot of pressure off the QB & should put him in a great place to succeed when he throws. TVD has had extremely good pass protection this yr. He routinely has plenty of time to throw the ball.

The OL’s stats for the season support this. Also, in the Clemson & A&M games (against top notch DLs loaded with future pros), the QB was barely touched. TVD had plenty of success against A&M as a result. Emory had a really clean game against Clemson also.

Dawson was the one protecting his young QB in the Clemson game with an uber-conservative game plan (and rightfully so) as that’s a heck of a first game to start your career. Clemson may not be what they once were but their DL is still stout & their Defense was ranked in the Top 10 nationally. Emory was given plenty of time to operate & I don’t believe he was sacked even once (which is outstanding). I guarantee you Mario wasn’t in his office drawing up all of the offensive play calls leading up to the Clemson game. Dawson was & he would have then reviewed the game plan with Mario & the rest of the coaches.

Our QBs have been given a heck of a gift this year in the form of an OL that has been OUTSTANDING. Most QBs (and RBs) around the nation would love to play with a OL like that. You can “blame” Mario for that.

If you don’t think Mario taking knee tells you what he thinks of his QB, you don’t know football.

Mario knows **** well tvd is the biggest liability on the team.
He wasn’t going to let him lose game with another ****** interception.
He figured let’s go OT and I will rely on D and then OLine/running game to win it.

Smart move.

Any tvd slurping fools left on this board? Get him the f out of here ASAP, dude is a cancer and puts our entire team to sleep when he is on field, everything is SLOW it’s like a malaise ….the tvd malaise

21 point favorites at home v GT and VIR AT HOME and he literally almost cost this team TWO wins with his crap QB play!!!
It sucks someone has to explain this to people. Lose lose situation

Advertisement
Blaming Mario as a “QB Killer” is laughable. Two of his biggest strengths (building a quality OL & developing a physical run game that leans on opponents) actually take a lot of pressure off the QB & should put him in a great place to succeed when he throws. TVD has had extremely good pass protection this yr. He routinely has plenty of time to throw the ball.

The OL’s stats for the season support this. Also, in the Clemson & A&M games (against top notch DLs loaded with future pros), the QB was barely touched. TVD had plenty of success against A&M as a result. Emory had a really clean game against Clemson also.

Dawson was the one protecting his young QB in the Clemson game with an uber-conservative game plan (and rightfully so) as that’s a heck of a first game to start your career. Clemson may not be what they once were but their DL is still stout & their Defense was ranked in the Top 10 nationally. Emory was given plenty of time to operate & I don’t believe he was sacked even once (which is outstanding). I guarantee you Mario wasn’t in his office drawing up all of the offensive play calls leading up to the Clemson game. Dawson was & he would have then reviewed the game plan with Mario & the rest of the coaches.

Our QBs have been given a heck of a gift this year in the form of an OL that has been OUTSTANDING. Most QBs (and RBs) around the nation would love to play with a OL like that. You can “blame” Mario for that.
Bama won titles like this while rpo spread game was thriving. As long as u have the best you will win

It won’t work, have we not noticed most of his picks is on non X targets? Its not a lock on to X problem its a lock on to whatever the pre snap read is problem and when its not there he tries to rip it into a window that is closed

Advertisement
Back