Mario just showed you what he thinks of TVD…..and he’s right

That's what people don't understand. I knew exactly how it would be if he was the starter. This could've been a good game to get Emory in a nice rhythm before we hit the road.
We didn't know exactly. TVD is like Jekyll and Hyde - you just never know which one you're going to get.

He put up 374 and 5 TDs against the best defense we'll play all year in A&M. Against UNC he put up 391 with 4 TDs and the 2 INTs.

Emory is not coming close to that against UVA, let alone A&M or UNC. I'm fine with moving on from the starter IF someone else is ready to step in. Right now, we don't have that QB who is. We need TVD to beat FSU, so he needs to work through whatever the **** is going on in his head right now. Benching him will not fix it.

Advertisement
this not all tvd tho ... play calling against zone is cheeks ...
Exactly. From the start of the game it was run on 1st down and run on 2nd down setting up 3rd and long…predictable and that’s all Cristobal. Yawn..

With 3 TO's you don't even try??? 2 big runs and you're in field goal range.... It's worth a shot.... I get protecting the ball but you gotta play..... Had we lost in OT would taking the knee with that time left still be " the right thing" to do???
I don’t understand the logic. We’re not concerned about the turnovers up 3 with less than a minute and continue to try to stat pad instead of just ending the game.

But in a tie game, with a shot to win…. They’re too concerned about turnovers?

I don’t understand the logic. We’re not concerned about the turnovers up 3 with less than a minute and continue to try to stat pad instead of just ending the game.

But in a tie game, with a shot to win…. They’re too concerned about turnovers?
Time outs dude.... C'mon...

At first I was like WTF, but then I remembered TVD was playing. Why throw an interception. Great call by Mario!
Yep. Take it to OT and let Fletcher run behind the OL. Much safer plan than letting TVD try to drive the ball 60 yards in a short amount of time when he'd been waaayyyy off all game.

The plan worked.

Advertisement
We didn't know exactly. TVD is like Jekyll and Hyde - you just never know which one you're going to get.

He put up 374 and 5 TDs against the best defense we'll play all year in A&M. Against UNC he put up 391 with 4 TDs and the 2 INTs.

Emory is not coming close to that against UVA, let alone A&M or UNC. I'm fine with moving on from the starter IF someone else is ready to step in. Right now, we don't have that QB who is.
Then why would you continue to play him if that's the case? The A&m game I thought maybe he has turned the corner. The UNC game is when I lost most my confidence in him. Defense holds up there end of the deal only for TVD give it right back.
So tell me how you know Emory wouldn't? He's got the line in front of him along with receivers. I feel like he rallied the team against Clemson including our defense.

I’m not so sure that taking a knee at the 20 with 23 seconds and 2 timeouts says anything about TVD or Mario’s feelings on it. The offense didn’t have anything down field at all yesterday and we weren’t going to figure it out there.

Teams have found the blue print to slow us down and it’s playing zone and disguising pressure and dropping into coverage. Yet we continue to square peg/round hole the playcalling.

Our WR screen designs are awful and condensed, we don’t do rub routes, haven’t attempted a RB screen, we haven’t tried delayed releases, etc… it’s always trying to throw intermediate passes to the boundary. Making a 10 yard gain require a 30 yard or more throw.

Would love to see them at least acknowledge that TVD isn’t himself, due to injury or whatever, and at least try to commit to get him in a rhythm and build confidence with easy throws. Things we saw against A&M and never again. Dawson blew his load to win that game and it hasn’t looked even close to similar since then.

As much as I hated it then, I’d kill to have Richt from 2016 calling plays right now. Bubble screen, slant, shallow cross, repeat. It was unstoppable the last 5 games of the season.

Advertisement
imo TVD starts reading his own press and gets a big head.. then doesn't put in the work. Rookie of the year in 2021.. 2022 plays like *** till he gets hurt. No contact with wr's, playing golf, that kinda ****. 2022 offseason everybody talks about how bad he played, **** comes out about his attitude, and then he puts in work to come out on fire here in 2023. Wins a few games, lots of heisman talk, and imo he gets full of himself and stops putting in the work during the bye week leading to the gt debacle. TVD starts playing like *** again and throwing utterly stupid ints just like 2022. The question is, will he start putting in the work again after such poor performances leading to losses?

Well he sure didn’t mind letting him throw the last drive when we drove down and setup the game tying fg. That’s weird.
People tend to only pay attention to reason that fits their narrative... "The CIS special"... LOL!!

People tend to only pay attention to reason that fits their narrative... "The CIS special"... LOL!!
That’s the issue. They say I suck Tvd’s **** but I rip him when he plays bad. I did it last year and this year. But they shred him or go awol when he plays well. I don’t let bias or emotion get involved with my takes. I rip Mario , Dawson , Guidry right on down to Tvd Kam or the best players when it’s called for. Most have their favorites , are biased or troll just to get reactions.

That’s the issue. They say I suck Tvd’s **** but I rip him when he plays bad. I did it last year and this year. But they shred him or go awol when he plays well. I don’t let bias or emotion get involved with my takes. I rip Mario , Dawson , Guidry right on down to Tvd Kam or the best players when it’s called for. Most have their favorites , are biased or troll just to get reactions.
Most here just have an obsession to moan... Doesn't matter the subject... If a free chance to mope is available they jump in head first...

Advertisement
I dont know if I agree with all of these posts about TVD's mental state. From what Ive been seeing in the stadium, TVD looks injured. He seems less mobile than he was earlier in the season and he does not have the same "zip" on his passes that he's historically had.

There was a reason why I felt Emory Williams should have gotten the start against UVA. I felt TVD needed time to heal. I dont know what his specific injuries are/were, or if one additional week would have helped. I just know that he doesnt look physically the same.

Mario doesn't have anything to do with this. It is a Lashlee, Gattis, Dawson thing. TVD has all the physical gifts to perform. He doesn't have it mentally. This is his ceiling. This is as good as TVD is going to play. I say keep him in the rest of the year. Just rely on the run game when possible. Hès not getting drafted, so let him move on for his senior year. Kind of a "start anew" kind of thing.
Actually, 2021 was his ceiling. No surprise really that he played bad last year in gattis offense.

Advertisement
Jacurri has four games that he can be utilized without risking his redshirt. I wouldn’t mind seeing him in for a series or two.

Emory is not coming close to that against UVA, let alone A&M or UNC. I'm fine with moving on from the starter IF someone else is ready to step in. Right now, we don't have that QB who is. We need TVD to beat FSU, so he needs to work through whatever the **** is going on in his head right now. Benching him will not fix it.
It's time to split practice reps with the first team. We gotta get Emory ready.

FSU will be more than 10pt favorites
I should have said "at least". I agree, they will be. Unless something crazy happens next week, I can see them easily as two touchdown favorites.

The sad thing is, they are not that great. Fortunate, but not great. Their best chance of beating us "big" is TVD crapping the bed and giving them a big lead. I can see that happening.

Advertisement
Back