Mario just showed you what he thinks of TVD…..and he’s right

On one of those INTs he had Brashard Smith wide open in the flat with no one around him for a good 15 yards. On the other I think Colbie was wide open.
The worst part about them is they were all extremely costly. The offense is finally finding it’s rhythm and then just back breaker after back breaker. It’s one thing to do it at the end of the game in a Hail Mary attempt or have an Emory like one where the WR leaves you high and dry. But to have multiple every single game forcing it for absolutely no reason is ******* ridiculous

Advertisement
The worst part about them is they were all extremely costly. The offense is finally finding it’s rhythm and then just back breaker after back breaker. It’s one thing to do it at the end of the game in a Hail Mary attempt or have an Emory like one where the WR leaves you high and dry. But to have multiple every single game forcing it for absolutely no reason is ******* ridiculous
Just said this on the phone back from the game.

You’re wrong as wrong can be.

TVD is taking forever to process plays right now, as opposed to earlier this season and under Lashlee. The play designs have reverted to long developing routes and running the ball almost exclusively on 1st and 2nd down.

He is a rhythm thrower, and what we’re seeing right now is a QB that looks lost out there because he is being forced to do things that he’s not good at.

How much more evidence do you need?

TVD went from being ACC Freshman of the year, to absolutely horrible last season. Then this season he starts of great, and then all of a sudden we start playing Mario caveman ball again and he looks terrible.

A rational thinking person would be able to see what is going on and put 2 and 2 together. But the majority of posters on CiS are not rational thinkers.

Man he has NEVER been good against zone with ANY coach. Especially if the coverage is rolled post snap.

The tempo of the offense has absolutely nothing to do with, a guy that has more than enough time to throw, throwing terrible picks, not checking down, and not stepping up in the pocket.

We are NOT running vertical routes on every pass play so miss me with the long developing routes, BS.

We have high reads and low reads. There's an option for a big play and option for something short if that ain't there. TvD repeatedly forces the high read because he doesn't have a feel for post snap adjustments nor the trust and anticipation to throw consistent methodical passes through zone coverages.

All tempo would do is give the opposing offense more opportunities and give us more 3 n outs.

If dude can't check down in a huddle offense he ain't checking down in the no-huddle either.

It's one thing to be rationale but rationality is only as good as your understanding of the topic at hand.

In this case, you're being irrational and your POV can't be supported by FILM nor logic. Sorry bro.

Advertisement
Do you forget him benching TVD?
College Football GIF by SMU Football

All I’ll say is that TVD and the coaching staff need to get on the same page. People can post screenshots but on every single passing play you have reads in a methodical order that you’re going through …clearly there is a miscommunication and disconnect going on.

They’re either allowing him to not progress through his reads or aren’t coaching up him enough so he understands what his reads are. You don’t fall off a cliff like this unless your coaching is failing you and hasn’t countered back

If X isn’t open, you’re looking at George ect. If the safety does this your eyes go here.

TVD is to blame but I have a funny feeling Dawson is struggling with what the defenses are giving them just as much TVD is. Need to regroup and counter badly

My offensive game plan is 14 formation and handing off (can rotate different guys at RB for funzies).

Advertisement
TVD can be a **** of a lot better because we've seen it, multiple times. But he's way too in his head right now. No they're not gonna put in Emory if Tyler can go physically. We just have to hope he gets it together.
You know we’re screwed when our QB sucks and you try to analyze his mental state. Boys we be screwed.

Advertisement
On one of those INTs he had Brashard Smith wide open in the flat with no one around him for a good 15 yards. On the other I think Colbie was wide open.
That near one at the end was horrendous. He had a ton of underneath stuff open. And he makes a play like he did on the last drive of regulation to avoid a sack and make a miracle throw to the RB. Maddening seeing all these physical tools but no drive and lacks on the mental side.

All I’ll say is that TVD and the coaching staff need to get on the same page. People can post screenshots but on every single passing play you have reads in a methodical order that you’re going through …clearly there is a miscommunication and disconnect going on.

They’re either allowing him to not progress through his reads or aren’t coaching up him enough so he understands what his reads are. You don’t fall off a cliff like this unless your coaching is failing you and hasn’t countered back

If X isn’t open, you’re looking at George ect. If the safety does this your eyes go here.

TVD is to blame but I have a funny feeling Dawson is struggling with what the defenses are giving them just as much TVD is. Need to regroup and counter badly
Honestly though this is the second coaching staff now TVD is struggling with. You’ve got players wide open. We could see the schematic stuff last season. Now it’s like if read one isn’t there the panic meter shoots through the roof. Everything looks antsy and rushed. Even simple WR screens looked awful.

Could be yips or ghosts. But TVD is broken at this point.

Aggies injured him last year and it showed the rest of the year. UNC injured him too and now look at him. We can not afford 2022 TVD in the backfield again.

Advertisement
The fans in 249 were going crazy but it was the right call again. I agree with you and agreed with Mario. There were 100 different scenarios where TVD messes that up and we lose. Hopefully TVD can make just few enough mistakes in the next 4 games to get us to 8 wins but I honestly can’t wait until he is off the team.
Some posters are claiming they want him back next year! The way he playing he might just come back!!...
Hope not!

Advertisement
Back