Mario is a problem on Offense Mopes get in here.

ssvir

Sophomore
Premium
Athletic article ...

Miami led No. 23 Texas A&M 41-33 with 5:02 left in the game. The Aggies had just made the contest a one-score game, and they had two timeouts remaining.

“What’s your mentality right now?” Mario Cristobal asked his new offensive coordinator, Shannon Dawson.

What happens over a headset in the heat of a tight game often is much different from what gets kicked around in coaching interviews. Dawson had noted how hands-off his new boss was as Miami battled back from a 10-0 hole to light up an Aggies defense stacked with four- and five-star recruits. Dawson had been at places where he and the head coach liked and respected each other but, when it really mattered, the fit of what each man wanted was just “off.” That’s how it was when he was the offensive coordinator for Mark Stoops at Kentucky.

“I don’t think we can run the clock out,” Cristobal said.

“Run the clock out?” Dawson replied. “I’m trying to end this motherf—– right here. If they match up, we’re gonna throw the vertical.”

Cristobal loved what he heard. So did the players when Dawson gathered the offense before they went back on the field. “We gotta go score again,” he told them. “We can’t put all the pressure on the field. We gotta help them out and give them a comfortable lead.”

Advertisement
Monday Morning GIF by Travis

Advertisement
Love it. I know there was a whole narrative about Mario being the bro style and would never let an OC be true to their style of play but so far that seems to be a false narrative or dare I say, Mario has adjusted and changed? I don’t know and honestly I dont care. I am just happy to see it.

From that same article:

Miami’s 48-33 win over Texas A&M in Week 2 didn’t just move the Canes into the AP Top 25; it also resonated with top recruits who had been waiting to see whether Cristobal’s program was ready to break through.

“That one game has changed the complexion of our recruiting and how we’re viewed around here,” Dawson told The Athletic.
Behind the scenes, the Canes are excited about the reaction from top-ranked recruits who have been keeping an eye on Miami.

“Their jaws just dropped,” Cristobal said. “They’re right on the edge, waiting to see. This was just the beginning. We have a lot of guys committed elsewhere who we’re fixing to flip.”

Advertisement
Athletic article ...

Miami led No. 23 Texas A&M 41-33 with 5:02 left in the game. The Aggies had just made the contest a one-score game, and they had two timeouts remaining.

“What’s your mentality right now?” Mario Cristobal asked his new offensive coordinator, Shannon Dawson.

What happens over a headset in the heat of a tight game often is much different from what gets kicked around in coaching interviews. Dawson had noted how hands-off his new boss was as Miami battled back from a 10-0 hole to light up an Aggies defense stacked with four- and five-star recruits. Dawson had been at places where he and the head coach liked and respected each other but, when it really mattered, the fit of what each man wanted was just “off.” That’s how it was when he was the offensive coordinator for Mark Stoops at Kentucky.

“I don’t think we can run the clock out,” Cristobal said.

“Run the clock out?” Dawson replied. “I’m trying to end this motherf—– right here. If they match up, we’re gonna throw the vertical.”

Cristobal loved what he heard. So did the players when Dawson gathered the offense before they went back on the field. “We gotta go score again,” he told them. “We can’t put all the pressure on the field. We gotta help them out and give them a comfortable lead.”
@Dwinstitles

Crazy how the mopes disappear when the product is good... and appear when the product is bad. Maybe, just maybe... some people express objectively what they see.
Maybe they were objectively expressing this part:

"A Miami offense that ranked No. 89 in the country in what was a dismal 5-7 debut season desperately needed a major overhaul."

The running clock rule also helps Mario. The prior clock rules put an emphasis on scoring and passing and tempo. With the new rules, you still need to pass the ball, but the scales have been shifted where running the ball and defense has a bigger role than it did last year. I think Mario likely still feels a little out of place with the super fast tempo, pass heavy offenses of years past; but with these new rules he's squarely in the majority.

Advertisement
I said all offseason it was a bullsh!t narrative pushed by alot of man on here. Yall remember the offense we ran up until UNC last season? Then we came out in a str8 RPO offense and TVD threw for a bunch of yards. If not for Rooster fumbling we beat UNC.

People build narratives and even in the face of the evidence they double down. Just like i said Cristobal didnt have problems recruit skill players at Oregon and our struggles was because he hired Gattis. He gets rid of Gattis, you dont hear that narrative no more.

I look at facts not narratives and feelings.

They silent now. But they just waiting to pipe back up

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back