Mario Cristobal

Astcloud11

Senior
Premium
Question for the fan base. Hypothetical question.

If Cristobal starts pulling 2-3 elite FL players to Oregon, should we pursue him? Or do you not see him working with Mark Richt? We would probably have to hire him as a full time OC and OL coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he doesn't pull players than who the fck else would want him? Outside of him actually being a successful OC at Oregon, if he isn't pulling elite players or doing great talent evaluation...this hire by Oregon is a failure and the question at hand doesn't matter. But as of right now, he has been on the job for 5 hours and nobody truly knows how this will go.

However, that's why I brought it up for debate...

On the chance that he proves everyone wrong, and he really is an elite recruiter regardless of what college he is at...should Miami still stay clear of him?

Advertisement
If he doesn't pull players than who the fck else would want him? Outside of him actually being a successful OC at Oregon, if he isn't pulling elite players or doing great talent evaluation...this hire by Oregon is a failure and the question at hand doesn't matter. But as of right now, he has been on the job for 5 hours and nobody truly knows how this will go.

However, that's why I brought it up for debate...

On the chance that he proves everyone wrong, and he really is an elite recruiter regardless of what college he is at...should Miami still stay clear of him?

Just because he isn't getting the elite Florida players doesn't mean hes a failure as a recruiter. Chip wasn't getting all elite guys, and he was actually very successful. them may get some Florida guy, but wont make much of a difference.
Oregon focuses on California. The need him to get some top Cali guys, which I think he will do. People really like Oregon in NorCal.

Why do people act like Cristobal was why Alabama got great Florida recruits? Anybody on this board could recruit for Saban and do every bit as well as Cristobal's done. People go to Alabama because they want to play for Saban and CFB's most dominant team. Not because of Cristobal's recruiting.

He won't. He didn't pull that many to Alabaga. This latest "career move" stinks of him being run off by Sabag.

Funny when Harry Beudy picked Alabaga his advisers cited his relationship with Beanerdict.

Why do people act like Cristobal was why Alabama got great Florida recruits? Anybody on this board could recruit for Saban and do every bit as well as Cristobal's done. People go to Alabama because they want to play for Saban and CFB's most dominant team. Not because of Cristobal's recruiting.

I could care less about what he did or didn't do at Bama. He is at Oregon now and my question is VERY clear. If he turns out to be an elite recruiter during his time at Oregon, should Miami look his way. That's all I'm asking.

Advertisement
Any relation to the overrated, ol/te coach Luigi Crystalballz?

Last edited:
Advertisement

I could care less about what he did or didn't do at Bama. He is at Oregon now and my question is VERY clear. If he turns out to be an elite recruiter during his time at Oregon, should Miami look his way. That's all I'm asking.

I'd be fine with him coaching here as a TE coach and keep Hartley as primarily special teams coordinator.
...Since the 10th coach is likely to be added.
But thats about it. Definitely dont want him as an OC in any way.

Mario is ZERO threat to Miami crooting now that he is at Oregon. He was never that big of threat at Bama.

Advertisement
Back