Mario Cristobal

Why do people act like Cristobal was why Alabama got great Florida recruits? Anybody on this board could recruit for Saban and do every bit as well as Cristobal's done. People go to Alabama because they want to play for Saban and CFB's most dominant team. Not because of Cristobal's recruiting.

I could care less about what he did or didn't do at Bama. He is at Oregon now and my question is VERY clear. If he turns out to be an elite recruiter during his time at Oregon, should Miami look his way. That's all I'm asking.

what is with you people and this guy?

what the *** has he done?

Advertisement
I love how so many people come to believe Smart is a great DC, Kiffin is a great OC and Cristobal is a great recruiter because they do well under Saban. They fail to realize that any assistant will seem good under Saban. I believe that even Dorito was seem like a good DC under Saban.

Let's see, a guy who isn't really an offensive coordinator as our offensive coordinator just for recruiting purposes? James Coley 2.0?

Let's see, a guy who isn't really an offensive coordinator as our offensive coordinator just for recruiting purposes? James Coley 2.0?

If Cristobal turns out good, I would like to put him in the Bobby Bowden/Jimbo Fisher role. Cept he would be coaching OL instead of QB's. Be a power recruiter as Co-OC under Richt, and take over as HC when Richt retires. However, if he doesn't prove anything at Oregon, he can stay away from Miami.

If Cristobal turns out good, I would like to put him in the Bobby Bowden/Jimbo Fisher role. Cept he would be coaching OL instead of QB's. Be a power recruiter as Co-OC under Richt, and take over as HC when Richt retires. However, if he doesn't prove anything at Oregon, he can stay away from Miami.

Take over for Richt? Nope.

Why not just label Diaz the HC in waiting in this scenario? He's young and has done an amazing job, and it would likely keep him here instead of moving on in 2-3 more years to chase HC opportunities elsewhere. Tell him Richt has 5-6 more years, then he's in charge. ...Its better than taking a HC gig at a smaller school and having to work there for 3 years and hope you do well enough to get a shot at being a HC at a top program. Less risk, more reward, same timing.

Unless Cristobal wants to come here as a TE/Assistant HC, he shouldn't be here. Its as simple as that.

Advertisement
Why do people act like Cristobal was why Alabama got great Florida recruits? Anybody on this board could recruit for Saban and do every bit as well as Cristobal's done. People go to Alabama because they want to play for Saban and CFB's most dominant team. Not because of Cristobal's recruiting.

I could care less about what he did or didn't do at Bama. He is at Oregon now and my question is VERY clear. If he turns out to be an elite recruiter during his time at Oregon, should Miami look his way. That's all I'm asking.

Yeah, still no. And who gives a dude the OC job just because he can recruit?

Yeah, still no. And who gives a dude the OC job just because he can recruit?

Apparently he's a CO-OC lmao

Mario Cristobal leaving Alabama Crimson Tide staff to be co-offensive coordinator of Oregon Ducks

what is with you people and this guy?

what the *** has he done?

hes cuban,...and a majority of this board went to columbus or fiu.

other than that...i have no clue..cause dude is a bum and pretty much a mercenary recruiter from here on

Does anybody seriously have head coaches in waiting anymore? That is so last decade.

Anyway Cristobal should never be hired as Miami HC or even OC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back