Mario Cristobal on Joe Rose Show 10/16

Advertisement
clemson isnt ranked. it's halloween weekend. team lost momentum. this should have been a noon or 330 game tbh as it would have drawn better
Halloween??….man, now I’ve heard it all…
Don’t know what would **** me off more if I lived in Florida…dealing with uF/FSU fans or dealing with some of these Miami fans.

Halloween??….man, now I’ve heard it all…
Don’t know what would **** me off more if I lived in Florida…dealing with uF/FSU fans or dealing with some of these Miami fans.
sorry I got my weekends wrong. its a busy weekend as im doing the canes/fins b2b. my bad. yes still night not halloween though.

its an 8 pm game and youre not getting more than diehards going this weekend. hence, 42-45k. this should be a 330-12 game and we would draw a bit better

Advertisement
It's presumed you are actually working.
Working hard to just be working doesn’t mean making an impact. Understanding how to deliver at high level via optimal efficiency should be the goal. More antiquated thinking.

Anecdotally - GM vs Toyota

I get that we're all tired of the talking, but as someone who has listened to Diaz, Richt, Golden, Shannon and Coker sitting in with Joe Rose on Monday mornings—I'll take Cristobal's words, energy and game plan here over those other guys.

Dude is an alpha dog and we haven't had one of those around here since Butch Davis pulled up stakes in early 2001.

Butch's program was also a disaster for a good five years—yes because of probation—but there we still boneheaded coaching moves that had nothing to do with the depth chart. All the Xs and Os wasn't perfect, but in due time the talent was loaded, the two deep was insane and you had smarter, more talented football players that were getting it done.

Miami doesn't have enough of those dudes yet. A few have been brought on but you need tow more classes and some more portal hauls talent-wise to have those cats.

I haven't lost any faith in the guy calling the shots; it's year two. Relax.

Look at Mike Norvell in year two; FSU fans were worried they couldn't get rid of him as all the buyout money has been spent on Willie Lump Lump Taggart in 2019.

Dude went 3-6 the COVID year and lost 51-10 to Manny Diaz, opened year two with a loss to Jacksonville State and was 3-10 overall four games into year two—and 6-12 before beating Miami and Diaz in 2021.

By 2022 he goes 10-3 and here in year four dude is 6-0.

All the sucking off of Mack Brown for beating Miami a fifth year in a row—owning Manny for three years before getting Mario twice.

Dude was 7-6 in year one, 8-4 in year two, 6-7 in year three, 9-5 in year four and now this 6-0 start—with Drake Maye—is North Carolina's best start to a season since his 1997 run.

Cristobal inherited a busted up roster full of betas from Manolo and he did a good job turning that over for year two, but if anyone thought that year one to year two jump would make this Miami team a legit contender—what were you smoking?

Canes were 7-9 under Richt after that 10-0 start in 2017 and then Diaz went 21-15—a combined 29-34 run for this program since that epic upset of Notre Dame six years ago—THAT is the program Cristobal was handed.... and y'all are shocked Miami didn't roll in and beat a North Carolina squad five years into their rebuild. Unreal.
Conveniently fails to mention how Mario screwed the pooch so bad on hiring a staff in year 1 that he had to replace pretty much the entire staff. Yea great game plan lol

Advertisement
-truth & honesty
-no sugar coating
-elite humans
-look em in the eye
-get after it
-get to work
-relentless

Imagine playing as well as X has and you have the ******* nerve to mock his name.

I ******* hate this fanbase. Y'all want Miami to be the biggest and baddest again, yet y'all are the biggest bunch of pussies walking gods green earth.
Facts Sarah GIF by WAVE Podcast Network

Signed,

Peruche

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back