Oh, oh, I'm sticking with you

Advertisement
Again, you have no idea what TVD is being asked to do. all of these assumptions about what he ISN'T doing are unreal...

And why the complaints about Restrepo? He catches nearly everything thrown his way - he's reliable and moves the chains.
No one complained when every pass went to Rambo...
He’s being ask to make triangle reads. Which is TVD doesn’t know how to manipulate coverage with his eyes. The issue is when he’s throwing into coverage when other dudes are open or have a better chance of completion. Rambo was more dynamic btw.

Advertisement
Our defense is poor. They couldn't catch a cold. Our problem is we allow the QB to throw THOSE long bombs and our front can't penetrate so it allows the QB has no pressure at at all something needs to be fixed
.conclusion we suck AND by way TVD played good.

Considering only one of his interceptions is him trying to throw to X, him locking on to X is not that big of a problem. His problem is occasionally locking onto WRs in general, all it takes is one time to mess up and throw an int so to sit here and act like he does it every play is delusional. With a few tweaks in the offensive game plan/philosophy, this could be fixed or masked easily. All UM need is good coaching…..which I can’t really tell if we have yet.

I wish we had access to the all 22. People would look so silly complaining about X lol. The guy stays open and most or all of Tvd’s forced int’s haven’t been to him. I know for sure 3 aren’t. Maybe he should take more 1v1 shots to Colbie but for the most part X is reliable and stays open. His routes and timing are impeccable. Only Cane fans would be mad at a qb throwing to wide open guys lol. Now if you want to complain about 9 and I know most here want to , he does occasionaly lock on to guys when he thinks it’s a particular coverage and doesn’t come off if he‘s wrong. Instead checking it down. GT did change coverage looks in pre and post snap and he got bit.

Word.

Here's another thing that Madden-23 coaches sometimes miss :rolleyes:

This offense often uses flood concepts to create high/low conflicts.

In other words, the QB may be focusing on a particular area of the field, and it looks like he's "Staring" down a WR. But he's actually looking at 3 different guys in the same part of the field.

All to the point that what it looks like on television, may not be what's actually happening.

Advertisement
I'm not putting this on Restrepo, he's fine. The problem is TVD only focusing on Restrepo. Mistakes happen in football, we've seen X drop passes as well, it happens. If one of the players aren't getting it done, why not put someone else in? Why aren't the TEs being targeted?
But Restrepo IS getting it done.
I agree on the TE.

Dawson spoke about it this afternoon

I'll stay if you stay.
@Bender

1697490527943.gif

Advertisement
Disagree ... all it takes is 45,000-50,000 UM fans in the seats ... and it IS a home field advantage. Really noisy. Mario **** the bed big time with the crappy "no kneel" game ... hope fans recover enough to show up on Saturday for Clemson.
I think we’ll be 50k strong, similar to A&M.

This program has made being a fan miserable. Especially for a guy born in 1997. All I know
Holy crap…please tell me you’re some kind of wonder child and could comprehend and enjoy what we did in the late 90’s, early 00’s.

Advertisement
Back