Mario Cristobal might be leaving Bama

Advertisement
Mario is an ******* but he made the right choice to leave but not the **** way that he did. I hope he moves as far away as possible from us

I'm not sure how him going to UF is bad news for us.

Seems like they're whooping us on the trail down here w/o him.

I don't see financially how he would end up here at least form our position unless the school has been getting a huge bump in profits and they're cool with signing off on Christibal. UF might be willing in view of the recruiting issues. But Christobal would probably want to look at stability so I would say it's either Oregon or another school who just got a new coach or one with an extension. Oregon has some deep A$$ Silicon Valley pockets and if they wanted could lock up a lot of the west coast and the new coach and christobal can take on sofla. But it's a lot easier to lock up the state if we start wining and he comes here. That 1 million dollar donation by Richt ill say again is a down low power move to let everyone know im gonna be here a while. War is all about information and Mario has a lot of intel on recruiting in the whole south. If we get both him and Cooney It's a big power shift. But I just don't see how he ends up here

Advertisement
I'm not sure how him going to UF is bad news for us.

Seems like they're whooping us on the trail down here w/o him.

Well Mario at UF certainly doesn't help things. He's a dirty slimy recruiter and I'd much rather have him on our side than in Gainesville or Tuscaloosa. That being said, if he wants to go hangout in Eugene I'd be cool with that

Why do people keep saying McElwaing is on the hot seat? Hasn't he made two straight SECCG? Cristobal at UF would be a real pain in the ***, especially in Broward where we already have issues.

Who the fuq wants him

fools love to hate on him, but the move he made was SMART! if he chose to stay and work for Golden, he'd be coaching OL for at Christopher Columbus High school this year and not earning enough to make a car payment. Instead he chose to go coach and recruit as part of the most stable institution in college football. If he continues to play his cards right, he'll get another head coaching shot soon. That would never be possible if he stayed with Golden

This is true

I'm not mad at the guy for taking a job at bama over working for al, I'm mad at the guy for taking a job at his alma mater then leaving that job like 13 minutes later. That's just disrespectful and he can go **** himself.

if it only took him 13 minutes to process he just booked on the Titanic and got the **** out on the Queen Elizabeth that is a plus in my book.

Who the fuq wants him

fools love to hate on him, but the move he made was SMART! if he chose to stay and work for Golden, he'd be coaching OL for at Christopher Columbus High school this year and not earning enough to make a car payment. Instead he chose to go coach and recruit as part of the most stable institution in college football. If he continues to play his cards right, he'll get another head coaching shot soon. That would never be possible if he stayed with Golden

This is true

I'm not mad at the guy for taking a job at bama over working for al, I'm mad at the guy for taking a job at his alma mater then leaving that job like 13 minutes later. That's just disrespectful and he can go **** himself.

if it only took him 13 minutes to process he just booked on the Titanic and got the **** out on the Queen Elizabeth that is a plus in my book.

If he had the sense to realize al was a disaster waiting to happen, why would he have taken the job in the first place? He left for money and the bright lights of tuscaloosa.

Advertisement
Who the fuq wants him

This is true

Must be nice making over 500k and having 5* star O-linemen begging to play for you because of the head coach.

Dude only coaches the Tackles/TE?

WTF...
Bama has a guards and centers coach, that's wild, do NFL teams even have that?

Advertisement
Leaving the Saban machine for a lateral move to join up with McElwain, who's seat could get warm after this year doesn't seem smart. Maybe being back in Florida is of great importance to him.

Well, technically it wouldn't be a lateral move because Mario isn't the full-time OL coach at Bama. After his first year he essentially got demoted and now only works with the tackles and TE's. Bama fans had actually been saying he was likely to be pushed out. Whereas at UF he would be the OL coach in full. Hopefully it doesn't happen though because I'm not a fan, I don't want my OL coach being a 'recruiter' he needs to be a technical guy and Mario is not that.

Advertisement

This is true

This is also true but of someone came to me to give me a 300k raise....I don't know how much he got....but yo im out too doe

its not about $300k.... its foresight. The longview is much more important. Get groomed under the greatest coach in college football history, or join a sinking ship under Golden? The decision wasn't based on 300k, it was based on millions over the full term.

but he isnt getting groomed at all. He coaches ol....is not a coordinator...Dude is/was just like the s.fla kids he recruits...a fron t runner...and his cane card is gone in my book. Especially considering he isnt a good coach any way...and essentially just gets hired to supposedly "recruit"..

Advertisement
Back