Mario Cristobal might be leaving Bama

Mario makes $525k per year.

If someone offers him a $100k raise he gone unless BAMA matches.

Mario at UF would be a bad thing for us.

Advertisement
Pete said the new hire after Jan 9. That happen to be the national championship game. Could Cristobal be the power move Pete was talking about?

Pete said the new hire after Jan 9. That happen to be the national championship game. Could Cristobal be the power move Pete was talking about?

Wow, do people still not know who the "power move" is? Seriously? It's not a coach....it's an operations person like Baez

Advertisement

Wow, do people still not know who the "power move" is? Seriously? It's not a coach....it's an operations person like Baez

Were all just hoping it's an actual power move. Hence the denial.

fools love to hate on him, but the move he made was SMART! if he chose to stay and work for Golden, he'd be coaching OL for at Christopher Columbus High school this year and not earning enough to make a car payment. Instead he chose to go coach and recruit as part of the most stable institution in college football. If he continues to play his cards right, he'll get another head coaching shot soon. That would never be possible if he stayed with Golden

This is true

I'm not mad at the guy for taking a job at bama over working for al, I'm mad at the guy for taking a job at his alma mater then leaving that job like 13 minutes later. That's just disrespectful and he can go **** himself.

This is also true but of someone came to me to give me a 300k raise....I don't know how much he got....but yo im out too doe

its not about $300k.... its foresight. The longview is much more important. Get groomed under the greatest coach in college football history, or join a sinking ship under Golden? The decision wasn't based on 300k, it was based on millions over the full term.

The only way I won't take the job is if the Miami team was loaded with talent. Apparently he saw that ****** 3-4 and saw a miss managed roster and boogied with the quickness

Advertisement
Who the fuq wants him

fools love to hate on him, but the move he made was SMART! if he chose to stay and work for Golden, he'd be coaching OL for at Christopher Columbus High school this year and not earning enough to make a car payment. Instead he chose to go coach and recruit as part of the most stable institution in college football. If he continues to play his cards right, he'll get another head coaching shot soon. That would never be possible if he stayed with Golden
So, you praise the guy for advancing himself, doing the best for what he thought is best for the future. Fine. So you think Miami fans should always react from that prospective? They shouldn't have been mad at Butch Davis for moving from college to the NFL to make more money for his family and improve his coaching resume? Granted that move didn't work out but no one knew the outcome at that time. Fans will always react to what they perceive as good or bad for their football team when the move happens, not if it benefits the coach or not.

This is true

I'm not mad at the guy for taking a job at bama over working for al, I'm mad at the guy for taking a job at his alma mater then leaving that job like 13 minutes later. That's just disrespectful and he can go **** himself.

This is also true but of someone came to me to give me a 300k raise....I don't know how much he got....but yo im out too doe

its not about $300k.... its foresight. The longview is much more important. Get groomed under the greatest coach in college football history, or join a sinking ship under Golden? The decision wasn't based on 300k, it was based on millions over the full term.

Oh I don't disagree that he made the right choice for himself, it's just that he made the wrong choice for me.

Leaving the Saban machine for a lateral move to join up with McElwain, who's seat could get warm after this year doesn't seem smart. Maybe being back in Florida is of great importance to him.

Advertisement
Hopefully he takes that Oregon job Taggart is offering, will be much more difficult to recruit Florida from there. As much as people like to think it doesn't matter who is recruiting for Alabama, Cristobal has been and is a problem.

He is a good recruiter and allways has been. No denying that.
Now unfortunately Bama will recruit here successfully with or without him.

This is true

Oh I don't disagree that he made the right choice for himself, it's just that he made the wrong choice for me.

we still would have sucked if had chose to stay with Golden.....

Stay with Saban or go with Macltooth..? HAA! this wont happen. Its just his agent trying to get him a raise from Bama

Advertisement
Leaving the Saban machine for a lateral move to join up with McElwain, who's seat could get warm after this year doesn't seem smart. Maybe being back in Florida is of great importance to him.

Yeah I don't see Mario making a lateral move especially him jumping into a dumpster fire...

You guys might want to start asking Pete if he has heard anything. On Twitter he was being rather vague alluding to Cristobal. Personally for the recruiting I think he would be a good fit here. But managing the future is the question. How do we get him content with a position here. Him going to UF could spell trouble so I think it's worth a run especially if UF has their eye on him.

For the record I think there is zero chance Cristobal is coming here.
But the "power move" guy and Cristabal coming here are not mutually exclusive.
If the tenth position coach gets approved both those things could theoretically happen.

Advertisement
Back