Mario Cristobal got paid record amount in 2022

Advertisement
Yes, but that is how WE feel. Money is being spent, and we are happy about this.

The problem with the reporting is the differential between the headline and the details (most of which were, fairly enough, included in the article). However, the article was written from the context-free standpoint of evaluating a "non-profit", and makes UM look like an outlier.

Does the article mention that buyouts are STANDARD, even across other "non-profit" private schools, as well as (god forbid) state schools funded by (clutches pearls) TAXPAYERS? No it did not. And the article took pains to mention the "21% excise tax" on the comp above $1M, as if it was some sort of unusual item.

So while I agree with your point on "distraction", it goes beyond that. It is a very harmful distraction that takes the conversation into very partisan political territory on highly-compensated employees. Let's not forget that some of the more "sensitive" states (like Mississippi) put limits on how much coaches can be paid. Which, of course, are routinely end-run in a variety of manners.

If you don't think the article was a big deal because it didn't change your viewpoint, that is fine. No problem. But I think that quite a few people will read that article and form disproportionate opinions about "one school" or "one coach", and will think that UM's deal with Mario is some sort of aberration.

It is not.
More importantly if Mario wins 10+ games this year. NOONE WILL GIVE A ****. These hit pieces represent a narrative that Miami wasted money or overpaid. The only way to counter that is success.

Advertisement
It represents investment in the []__[]University of Miami brand. The split []__[] is the institutional logo and known worldwide because of football. We can't have our brand getting curb-stomped every weekend during the Fall.

22M for HC or 100M over there for facilities; it's to make sure our brand-ambassadors represent & maintain the standard.
And I’m glad to see it.

My point may have been lost in responding to another poster’s comment.

Why is the University of Miami always the target of inaccurate and or faulty reporting?

Seriously, haven't been relevant in 20 years, yet they put out an article like this? We had to pay a buyout, nothing more nothing less.

The other day an account posted spring game attendence, just to show Miami had 1K.

I mean what?

Advertisement
That's literally it, lmao.
Why the **** include the buyout in a click bait article?..**** after paying back the buyout he is almost back to his regular pay after the cost of relocating etc. which did not come free.
Now if they pay Mario by the hour they still owe him MILLIONS of $$$$$$'s.... and they know it.

Rudy Gobert made over $40 mil this season in the NBA. Mario is a steal!
Season 2 Reaction GIF by Law & Order
Yup, and then Mario getting paid by the hour ..our Canes could not afford him
Episode 9 Nbc GIF by Law & Order

Advertisement
The UF game will be make or break for him. I believe we win that game and we win 10+ games, lose and you’re looking at another disastrous 7-5, 6-6 campaign for Cristobal. He will not recover from losing for the Gators.
Yeah that's been the pattern with early SEC losses early - then last year we win and still find our way to mediocre.

Advertisement
Why the **** include the buyout in a click bait article?..**** after paying back the buyout he is almost back to his regular pay after the cost of relocating etc. which did not come free.
Now if they pay Mario by the hour they still owe him MILLIONS of $$$$$$'s.... and they know it.
The budget for cafecito alone must be in the mid-six figures annually!

Exactly. You’re hoping we lose so that you can unleash your hate even more. Which you are full of.

LOL, you don’t go to games at all.

Actually, I have season tickets and am going to 3 away games, so nice try, slurper…

Mario needs to win football games.

Very odd that you would be OK losing to Florida…

Advertisement
Back