Mario Cristobal got paid record amount in 2022

Advertisement
So far a big waste of money in his first 2 years. Cam is a one year fix to a bigger problem. Mario cannot coach day game and he accounts for 2 losses each year because of stupidity.

Advertisement
Of all the numbers about UM to finally get out, that’s the one 😂 we haven’t known **** now our HC makes $22m in a year - I assume that was the UHealth windfall and then prepaying when they had the liquid funds?

Of all the numbers about UM to finally get out, that’s the one 😂 we haven’t known **** now our HC makes $22m in a year - I assume that was the UHealth windfall and then prepaying when they had the liquid funds?
Buyouts get paid to the HC a grossed up amount so they clear a net of tax amount to cover the buyout of the contract at the previous school.

He owed Oregon around $15M

Advertisement
Last year was technically his first year with his staff and recruits. The year before he was thrown into the fray and had to plug holes, I don't count that year against him, yes he made some bad coaching decision last year but he deserves an opportunity to right the ship. I reserve judgment before saying his first 2 years were a "failure".

Advertisement

I've tried to explain this before.

The $14.9 million in "other reportable compensation" is the grossed-up amount that allowed Mario to buy out of his Oregon contract.

1713364437311.png

Last year was technically his first year with his staff and recruits. The year before he was thrown into the fray and had to plug holes, I don't count that year against him, yes he made some bad coaching decision last year but he deserves an opportunity to right the ship. I reserve judgment before saying his first 2 years were a "failure".
MTSU

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back