Mario Blames Dawson [for not calling a kneel down]

To be honest, i think Coach has to put Dawson under the bus. Dawson is the play caller. And Mario is right he should have stepped in.
My guses is that it was Chaney gettting Dawson on board to get him 100 yards and Dawson went along. Coaches blaming each other betterr than putting any blame on players.

And Coach Mario didn’t; step in and say no, we are going to victory formation
Matt Lee basically already did that though.

Advertisement
Welp!!

Dawson will be gone at the end of the season.

This man a whole HC coach of the team.. and he didn’t step in and make the call that HC should be making in that position?

This is clown show type ****..

The HC and the QB is clueless.

What he’ll is going on with these people.

To be honest, i think Coach has to put Dawson under the bus. Dawson is the play caller. And Mario is right he should have stepped in.
My guses is that it was Chaney gettting Dawson on board to get him 100 yards and Dawson went along. Coaches blaming each other betterr than putting any blame on players.

That's my theory too and maybe that would have been ok if they were up by 14 or something (although it would look bush league), but if that is what they did only up by 3...

Edit: Unless Mario is lying (definitely possible), someone specifically asked about the 100 yards:

ON IF THE FINAL RUN PLAY WAS AN EFFORT TO GET DON CHANEY JR. 100 YARDS IN THE GAME…​

“No.”​

Never, ever pass the buck and publicly throw your assistant coach under the bus. He lost his fanbase, recruiting class, locker room, and coaching staff in one hour. Wow

Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean, he’s right though.. it’s Dawson’s show. He’s the CEO, and Dawson is running the offense, PERIOD! I expect Dawson to take full responsibility! He called a ****** game all around! No way X should have 30 targets while you have a 6’5 guy that is looking like megaton out there when thrown to. Had 3 targets total.. TVD was seldom even facing his side of the field! It’s crazy to me, because he is supposed to be your WR1 coming into the season. Was 1v1 a lot of the game on the outside out way wide where the safety would not get there to help, but TVD predetermined reads were to the other side where x was. X is good but he’s just a small *** slot guy with average speed. And that throw to 3 in the end zone, they should’ve ran that with 4. You can’t teach someone to be 6’5 and fast with great hands.

Last edited:
If that’s the qoute you’re using then what you posted is completely out of context. If anything he was taking accountability for not saying to take a knee
He's insinuating he didn't make the call, which is indirectly blaming the OC

I think maybe you read the wrong part of the article
He's right. 247's "everything Mario said" does not have what you all are saying. He gave a generic "WE should have taken a knee" without naming persons and particulars...
...they asked Richt on one of the post-mortem shows and he said there is a staff member that keeps track of time and timeouts and victory formation issues who should have the paygrade and expertise to blurt out what needs to be done, or at least uncertainty so a TO can be called to assess... THAT GUY failed and should be relieved of his duties. Others (Mario/Dawson...)are human and didnt catch it, but yes SHOULD HAVE. (Not sure its fireable., IMHO.)

Advertisement
That's my theory too and maybe that would have been ok if they were up by 14 or something (although it would look bush league), but if that is what they did only up by 3...

Edit: Unless Mario is lying (definitely possible), someone specifically asked about the 100 yards:

ON IF THE FINAL RUN PLAY WAS AN EFFORT TO GET DON CHANEY JR. 100 YARDS IN THE GAME…​

“No.”​
I don’t expect him to say yes to that.
But telling he only answered with a no and didn’t expand on what went into the call if it wasn’t that.

And he did say “I should have stepped up and straightened them out”

I think that exact scenario prolly happens less than 1 percent of the time. They thought it wouldn’t be that big of a deal.

But here we are.

Advertisement
He's right. 247's "everything Mario said" does not have what you all are saying. He gave a generic "WE should have taken a knee" without naming persons and particulars...
...they asked Richt on one of the post-mortem shows and he said there is a staff member that keeps track of time and timeouts and victory formation issues who should have the paygrade and expertise to blurt out what needs to be done, or at least uncertainty so a TO can be called to assess... THAT GUY failed and should be relieved of his duties. Others (Mario/Dawson...)are human and didnt catch it, but yes SHOULD HAVE. (Not sure its fireable., IMHO.)
They are retards not human
There was a timeout
By GT, there last one!
1:18 left 2nd down
Take two ***ing knees
Why does my coach need someone else to tell them that
??

I mean, he’s right though.. it’s Dawson’s show. He’s the CEO, and Dawson is running the offense, PERIOD! I expect Dawson to take full responsibility! He called a ****** game all around! No way X should have 30 targets while you have a 6’5 guy that is looking like megaton out there when thrown to. Had 3 targets total.. TVD was seldom even facing his side of the field! It’s crazy to me, because he is supposed to be your WR1 coming into the season. Was 1v1 a lot of the game on the outside out way wide where the safety would not get there to help, but TVD predetermined reads were to the other side where x was. X is good but he’s just a small *** slot guy with average speed. And that throw to 3 in the end zone, they should’ve ran that with 4. You can’t teach someone to be 6’5 and fast with great hands.
It’s so limiting. How do you even recruit for this offense? Miami has as much ball distribution to wide receivers as a triple option - it’s entirely to one player! And how can you recruit people tight ends if you never use them? Arroyo - did he play? Does Skinner have a target this year?

I’m never mad at real sh he said he has to deal with him that’s between them. And if it’s the truth tf is Dawson going to say to him? He blaming himself too but he should of realized it. Shows his game management ain’t up to par. I think he didn’t know dead *** lol cause that was too bone head.

Advertisement
Back