Mario Blames Dawson [for not calling a kneel down]

Mario quote after the game "Some times we can get carried away, but I should have just stepped in and said hey take a knee.”
problem with that is that this exact play calling clock mgmt happened to Mario at Oregon against Stanford. Stanford had no TO's and rather than take a knee he ran TB T.Vardell who fumbled and lost in OT.
Mario's micro managing was on full display last night in reverting to Mario's 1970-1980 ground and pound routine.
think about the play calling after Williams int. 2 dive plays and poor pass play, why not throw into the End zone
we settled for a FG........
TVD should have had the sense to take the knee........lots of hard work ahead to prepare for the gauntlet ahead NC/Clemson
& Louisvillle. Stay out of the way Mario and let the guys you hired make you look good.

Advertisement
How many staffs can we fire? Come on. The problem seems to be systemic.
We have to roll with who we have, there is no more…hire x or y or Lane train, etc.
I said earlier this game would tell us who we are.
Now…we know. It’s not changing I’m sorry to say.
starting to get the feeling about Mario based on tenure at Oregon & Miami that he is a great recruiter, average in player development & fairly awful game day HC. maybe 7,8,9 wins is his ceiling? need to stay the course and hope he pulls the team together for a max effort gains NC........

Its on HC to step in and say **** naw, we’re kneeing this *****. But at the same time this isnt dawson’s first rodeo, so wtf was he trying to get done??? There was zero gain from running plays. It was an ugly game, u knee it and get out of there with a W. Paid millionaire professionals absolutely blowing something all us overweight tecmo bowl playing mofos would of got right.

problem with that is that this exact play calling clock mgmt happened to Mario at Oregon against Stanford. Stanford had no TO's and rather than take a knee he ran TB T.Vardell who fumbled and lost in OT.
Mario's micro managing was on full display last night in reverting to Mario's 1970-1980 ground and pound routine.
think about the play calling after Williams int. 2 dive plays and poor pass play, why not throw into the End zone
we settled for a FG........
TVD should have had the sense to take the knee........lots of hard work ahead to prepare for the gauntlet ahead NC/Clemson
& Louisvillle. Stay out of the way Mario and let the guys you hired make you look good.
Yeah i happily didn't watch the game as my parents are in town and a bunch of us went to eat but from reading the comments it sounds like the offense went into a shell.

Yeah i happily didn't watch the game as my parents are in town and a bunch of us went to eat but from reading the comments it sounds like the offense went into a shell.
No they didn't.

GT took away the deep balls..we were impatient. We could have run the ball and took 6-10 yard routes all day.. But TVD made some dumb decisions at critical times (should have had 4 INTs) and there were some back breaking penalties at crucial times as well on both sides of the ball.

It was one of those games where everything that could go wrong, did..and we still should have won if not for the final sequence (which still was a blatant bad call to even give GT the ball).

The odds of what happened yesterday are probably closer to 1 in a billion than 1 in a million. Even without the decision to kneel.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It was basically the clemson game vs duke, we got into the redzone and then tvd threw picks. Only difference is we battled back and basically won the game lol

I still can’t get over the “step in” comment. He’s acting like once the play was called, there was nothing he could do. He stood there for 15-20 seconds of them not in victory formation and didn’t say wtf is this? And call a TO. One knee wins the game. He could’ve called a TO at any time on that play and ended it.

Advertisement
Back