Mario and his Alabama experience...

Own It Like A Boss GIF by ProfeB
That's what they do never have any basis for their arguments. Yet if u had a different view they wanted it explained and still hated u after u explained it lol.

Advertisement
I selfishly hated him for it and held a grudge for a long time. Best case scenario if he stayed, we keep 1 or 2 south Florida kids that left and we finish marginally better with Golden. Ultimately, Golden eventually gets fired anyway and Mario’s trajectory is sidetracked.
I’m in the same boat. After a while I realized what a clown show it really was and got moved him leaving.

100% and it was even a debate nor should it have been. What he has done in 2 months to get this program up to modern day competition is remarkable. A lot of money behind it but you have to have a vision and someone with a plan and I don’t think there is anyone who could get us in this direction as soon and like he will. You got some great coaches but this is personal to Mario. This is home, his alma mater etc. The work, heart and soul would not be matched.

As much I hate to admit it, Mario had good reason to leave Al Golden's UM staff for the job at Alabama. It not only gave him an opportunity to hone his coaching, it expanded his coaching tree if not his rolodex. This is one big reason why very senior coaches jump to Saban's staff.
Now excuse me while I wash my mouth with some diluted bleach.

At least you will be immune from the Covid.

GIF by Big Brother

Advertisement
It was a great move for him at the time. The Oregon gig showed he could take what he learned at Bama and apply it to another program.

As much I hate to admit it, Mario had good reason to leave Al Golden's UM staff for the job at Alabama. It not only gave him an opportunity to hone his coaching, it expanded his coaching tree if not his rolodex. This is one big reason why very senior coaches jump to Saban's staff.
Duh. This whole thread is just people stating the insanely obvious. I hate the offseason.

Interesting "what if" moment. I hadn't thought of that.

My favorite "what if" moment from the last several years was what if Dalvin Cook comes. Al Golden probably wins a lot more games than he otherwise would have won and likely stays here for much longer than he otherwise deserved.

The man made a business decision, no different than when the university fires your ***, so put away that false sense of loyalty and look out for number 1; your loyalty is to your career.

I didn't like it because it hurt our program, but there is no question it made his career. It's a cutthroat business if you want to reach the top of it.

Advertisement
Let's see ... was making $400K on Golden's staff ... working for Al Golden ... then was offered $900K to work with and for Nick Saban ... and have the opportunity to be part of the best structured and run football program in the country. No brainer. Talk about a learning experience from learning the Alabama recruiting approaches / tactics to how THEY structure practices and game planning ... to game day management. Again ... no brainer and now UM is in the position to reap the benefits of Mario's educational process.

Advertisement
Back