Mario “Alpha QB”

Advertisement
Who was the better alternative last year? *****ing is easy, solutions not so much.
Tyler was the shiny toy that would give away games. Must’ve been working with Johntay Porter lol

The alternative was to become Iowa like we did vs Clemson and FSU and force teams to beat us rather than beat ourselves. It wouldn’t have been pretty but neither was the reality.

Mario says on Pate State that “Cam is an Alpha. And an Alpha at QB is a game changer”

To me it felt like a dig at the quiet and laid back demeanor of TVD.

But my question is what happened to the TVD from NC State. I remember when Miami was doing awful. TVD didn’t look good but then you have him trash talking NC State (who looked much better) in an interview. Then you never see that again.

It’s a dead horse but I’ve been too disgusted with our play to even be on this site in a couple years.

Advertisement
I think you guys constantly harp on peripheral sh*t way too much. TVD's downfall here was throwing passes to the other team. Talk all you want about being an "alpha" and "leader" and everything else, but you lead by example. TVD threw too many picks, and coaches felt they could and needed to upgrade. It doesn't have to be any more complicated than that.

TVD’s confidence collapsed his play went in the toilet whether it was injuries or not doesn’t matter-

He’s battling for the starting position at Wisconsin with a RS Fr. according to reports -

He doesn’t win that is he going to transfer?

It’s his problem-

All I know he’s gone we have Cam Ward thankfully.

Mario says on Pate State that “Cam is an Alpha. And an Alpha at QB is a game changer”

To me it felt like a dig at the quiet and laid back demeanor of TVD.

But my question is what happened to the TVD from NC State. I remember when Miami was doing awful. TVD didn’t look good but then you have him trash talking NC State (who looked much better) in an interview. Then you never see that again.

It’s a dead horse but I’ve been too disgusted with our play to even be on this site in a couple years.

Miami was 2-4 going into that 2021 game with #18 North Carolina State (5-1)—at home, at night—and Van Dyke was 0-2 as a starter, throwing a late road pick to lose at North Carolina a week prior.

All dude proved was that he could talk trash and show up in a low pressure game for the Canes where there were no stakes and all the pressure was on the Wolfpack.

Same when Kenny Pickett imploded with two uncharacteristic picks a week later at Pittsburgh.

Tyler Van Bust chucked it around for a few games in 2021 when Miami’s season was effectively over and there was no pressure on the freshman to perform.

The minute ESPN wrote the article about him being the superstar quarterback Miami needed for decades, he was never the same guy as the spotlight was on him and he’s not that guy.

He also worked better under beta Manny than he did alpha Mario, as proven by the past two years.

Yes, Lashlee got more out of him and Gattis sucked, but he could’ve and should’ve done more in Dawson’s offense. Kid literally proved against Georgia Tech that he forgot how to read a zone defense and became and interception machine the rest of the year.

Listen to him now in interviews at Wisconsin; “I hope I can be the guy” and “I hope I can lead this team”. Dude is damaged goods and too cerebral; no balls, some brains. Average football player; terrible leader. Stick a fork in him.

Our fans keep wanting to define the guy by two games as a freshman when the team was in the toilet, played loose and eked out a few wins instead of the bozo he was these past two years.

Advertisement
TVD’s confidence collapsed his play went in the toilet whether it was injuries or not doesn’t matter-

He’s battling for the starting position at Wisconsin with a RS Fr. according to reports -

He doesn’t win that is he going to transfer?

It’s his problem-

All I know he’s gone we have Cam Ward thankfully.
Yea and he probably should.. Go somewhere, anywhere where you'll start. That's probably G5 or lower at this point. Classic case of a mental collapse when all the physical tools were there and the start was good. A little reminiscent of Kyle Wright.

Advertisement
An alpha QB is great, I guess.

I’ll just take one who doesn’t turn the ball over 3 times a game.

If this dude averages less than a turnover a game, we are gonna win 10+. Just make the plays your natural ability is gonna allow you to make, and don’t give the football to the other team.

In the first 4 games last year, all wins, they turned the ball over a total of 3 times.

In the next 6 games, a total of 2 wins and 4 losses, they turned the ball over SEVENTEEN TIMES. Seven ******* teen.

So, alpha, zeta, I don’t give a **** what you wanna call the kid. He can lead, he can go sit with the band while the defense is on the field for all I give a ****. Just stop giving the goddamned ball to the other team. If he can do that, I guarantee you this team will be very good.

An alpha QB is great, I guess.

I’ll just take one who doesn’t turn the ball over 3 times a game.

If this dude averages less than a turnover a game, we are gonna win 10+. Just make the plays your natural ability is gonna allow you to make, and don’t give the football to the other team.

In the first 4 games last year, all wins, they turned the ball over a total of 3 times.

In the next 6 games, a total of 2 wins and 4 losses, they turned the ball over SEVENTEEN TIMES. Seven ******* teen.

So, alpha, zeta, I don’t give a **** what you wanna call the kid. He can lead, he can go sit with the band while the defense is on the field for all I give a ****. Just stop giving the goddamned ball to the other team. If he can do that, I guarantee you this team will be very good.
Yes. You know what is "alpha" -- winning....

Mario’s using the term alpha but he’s really speaking on leadership (not mancho’ism). Specifically addresses film study, hosting teammates in his home, extra reps..

He’s speaking on setting the standard from the top down. There’s no real way to talk about the glaring need for it without some of it landing on tVD. It’s not pettiness, just insight. The truth is sometimes ugly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back