Marcus Rosemy

Advertisement
WR Coach Cortez Hankton has some resume. No wonder Marcus Rosemy wants to go to UGA. If he wants to play in the league this is the guy to get him there! I wish UM had assistants with a resume like this so we could get some of the top kids!!!

Former NFL wide receiver Cortez Hankton was named Pass Game Coordinator and Wide Receivers Coach in February of 2019 after serving the 2018 season as an assistant coach in charge of the receivers. He joined the Georgia coaching staff in February of 2018, after coaching wide receivers at Vanderbilt for three seasons.

In his first year at Georgia, Hankton was part of a coaching staff that led the Bulldogs to their second consecutive season with 11 or more wins, second straight SEC Eastern Division title, and appearance in a New Years Six bowl game (Allstate Sugar).

In 2018, the Georgia offense finished second in the in the SEC (14th nationally) in Scoring Offense (37.9 ppg) and Hankton coached several big play receivers in senior Terry Godwin and juniors Mecole Hardman and Riley Ridley who combined for 1,475 receiving yards.

During his three seasons at Vanderbilt, Hankton coached veteran Commodore receivers C.J. Duncan and Trent Sherfield along with Caleb Scott and Kalija Lipscomb. In 2017, Duncan and Sherfield combined for 102 receptions, 1,246 yards and 10 touchdowns. Sherfield ended his career among the program’s best in receptions (136) and 1,869 yards. In 2016 Duncan, Sherfield, Scott and Lipscomb combined for 129 catches and 1,715 yards. Lipscomb’s 27 receptions ranked No. 8 all time among Commodore freshman receivers. Sherfield also recorded 51 receptions in Hankton’s first season in Nashville (2015).

Prior to his tenure at Vanderbilt, Hankton coached receivers for three seasons at Dartmouth in the Ivy League (2012-14). During that time, he helped the Big Green to a 20-10 overall record, including an 8-2 mark in 2014.

In 2014, Hankton's receivers helped the Dartmouth offense average 31.3 points and 248.1 passing yards. His top receiver, Ryan McManus, earned All-Ivy League honors after catching 68 passes for 879 yards and eight touchdowns.

Hankton's produced an All-Ivy caliber receiver all three years at Dartmouth. In 2012, senior Michael Reilly earned first-team recognition with McManus receiving honorable mention. In 2013, Big Green receiver Bo Patterson was an Ivy League honorable mention recipient.

A graduate of Texas Southern, Hankton was signed as an undrafted rookie free agent in April, 2003, by the Jacksonville Jaguars. He proceeded to play in all 16 games as a rookie, catching 17 passes for 166 yards. In his four years with the Jaguars, he caught 34 passes for 310 yards and a pair of touchdowns, both of which came in his sophomore campaign in 2004. Hankton signed with the Minnesota Vikings in 2007 and spent the entire 2008 season on injured reserve with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Are you this guy's publicist or something?

So sick of this ****. I wish they would at least go to California or something different. The amount that go to the same schools year after year from down here you would think it’s the local school. Don’t some other schools have bags at this point, because when they go to the same ones over and over it creates a pipeline so it’s even more dangerous. I saw someone post a SFL->Bama picture saying to continue the tradition.

Whether you knew or not, a loss is a loss.

Miami fans knew we were going to lose the last couple of Richt verbals in May or June, but it still hurt to have talented players decommit on us.

Here's something most Gaytor fans don't take into account. The idiots on your boards are constantly posting their dream mock classes, their Flipz Lists, their Kruiting Klass Kalculator projections, talking about "big game hunting", talking about taking commits now and "processing" them later...

And then they can't figure out why more kids aren't interested in UF. The Gaytors aren't going to get many late-bloomers or fast-risers when your entire program has Rivals-stars in their eyes.

He's a loss but an expected loss but our WR board doesn't take a hit with him going to a school he was projected to. It was a hail mary. He was already planning to commit to UGA before his OV to UF but "delayed" it. Why the staff still entertained him is anyone's guess....

Advertisement
He's a loss but an expected loss but our WR board doesn't take a hit with him going to a school he was projected to. It was a hail mary. He was already planning to commit to UGA before his OV to UF but "delayed" it. Why the staff still entertained him is anyone's guess....

Look, I realize that you are a reasonable person, and fairly straightforward. And maybe you don't frequent the Gaytor boards that much. But the guys who post on the Gaytor boards have been putting Rosemy in the "mock class" threads and whatnot, I never saw one Rosemy thread where the overall consensus was "we're not getting this guy".

If I missed a thread, feel free to post the link. But, otherwise, most of the Gaytor fans believed there was a chance with Rosemy, even if they are all saying otherwise NOW.

Don't know specifics on this one, but they would have to file all receipts with the IRS. The 990N if less than $50k in gross receipts, the 990 if more than that. They have to file the forms with the IRS including who the donors are. That is redacted from the public inspection copies, but you would be able to see the total amount of contributions she received, in addition to the expenditures, salaries, etc. It also takes 6 months to get 501c3 status approved by the IRS.

I'd love to see how much she gets in contributions that first year as a grass roots foundation.
I've studied 990s and they reveal way too little. And I think I heard that IRS might change the rules to reveal even less.

The tax-exempt process took years during Obama administration if your organization was a conservative or Tea Party (remember Lois Lerner?)

And now Trump administration may be reducing information available.

Both sides politically seem to have weaponized this area.

Advertisement
There Ol and Rb's are good enough to get by most teams but im interested to see what coley as the play caller looks like.

I've studied 990s and they reveal way too little. And I think I heard that IRS might change the rules to reveal even less.

How do they reveal too little? Genuinely curious. I do taxes at a not-for-profit health system (prepare all of our 990s) and worked for 8 years doing tax compliance and consulting at one of the big 4 firms. I am always interested in hearing from people outside of this bubble about this stuff.

Advertisement
Guys, we can spin it anyway we want with Rosemy, but this is a loss when Canes just got a commitment from kid that has not yet played competitive football. Do not care how good coaching is if you getting out talented every day.

Per UGA fans, “Both Rosemy and Pickens will draw double teams.” Rosemy will be lucky to get 700 yards in a season at UGA. (If he can even get close to that)

Advertisement
Name some WR’s from UGA that have had stud NFL careers? There are not very many. You’ve got AJ Green then who? Chris Conley. I get wanting to go to UGA if you’re a RB. WR, not so much.
Hines ward, AJ Green, Chris Conley,..they’ve got some on deck

Advertisement
Back