Marcus Robinson

TheSwagger1

Retired staff
Premium
Thoughts on his career? Obviously a little disappointing, but why?

Was he just not as good as we thought?
Misused?
Never the same after injuries?

If you think he was misused, do you think he would've been a stud somewhere else, or was his ceiling just a little overstated?

Had huge hopes for him and Buch this year.

Advertisement
how many sacks for his career? about 20 or so?

not a bad career but underwhelming for all the hype he got

Came in at 6'1" 220 pounds...........Randy thought that was prototypical DE height and weight

Kid should've been a backer and not been forced to put on weight. 6'1" 245 pounds is smaller than Chickillo who is a true freshman.

MLB all the way.

Came in at 6'1" 220 pounds...........Randy thought that was prototypical DE height and weight

Kid should've been a backer and not been forced to put on weight. 6'1" 245 pounds is smaller than Chickillo who is a true freshman.

MLB all the way.
:mad:

Advertisement
Thoughts on his career? Obviously a little disappointing, but why?

Was he just not as good as we thought?
Misused?
Never the same after injuries?

If you think he was misused, do you think he would've been a stud somewhere else, or was his ceiling just a little overstated?

Had huge hopes for him and Buch this year.

Didn't think he was big enough for DE, didn't look too bad at SLB when Futch went out, would've liked to see how his career would've turned out at LB for 4 years.

MRob actually looked good out there at LB. He was our biggest backer and blew up a few plays.

Sigh

If only we had a coach back then

i think he made the most big plays on our defense (turnovers, etc)... played out of position. Should have been an outside LB. he'll go to the league for sure.

We'll probably add him to the list of misused at UM and turns out to be pretty decent in the NFL

He'll be drafted as a LB somewhere

Advertisement
I'd trim down about 5-8 pounds and add speed if I were him

Would be the **** at LB in the leauge

We'll probably add him to the list of misused at UM and turns out to be pretty decent in the NFL

He'll be drafted as a LB somewhere

The question on him will be whether he's big enough to play OLB in a 3-4 or quick enough to play OLB in a 4-3 IMO. Not sure he's athletic enough for the league, but feel he would've been a better player for us had he been kept at LB.

Major contributor his whole career--it's hard for me to label him a disappointment. I'd be surprised if he's athletic enough to be a productive LB in the league.

I think he has been good here, especially compared to others in that class...

Kid help win that 09 FSU game when Jacory broke out (had a sack/fumble that FSU was driving to score in the fourth, if they score there we lose for sure)

Also did the same against OSU this year, he has made some plays for us, more than we can say for some. Especially considering he is out of position...

Dude could probably be the sh*t in a scheme/prgram like Pittsburgh in the NFL, hope someone picks him up , he should test well

Advertisement
I'll forever be a fan of his after the huge forced fumble he had against FSU in 2009. We don't win without that play.

Considering he played 3 years with his hand on the ground, I think he has had a very good career. Kid is tough as nails, has always played hurt and played well. He got to play standing up some this year and has played well. If he would have played for Golden and Coach D for 4 years as an OLB, he would have been big time. IMO he will be a very good player in the NFL. I see him as on OLB in a 3-4 similar to Harrison for the Steelers.

Had a solid career.

Came here wanting to play LB..( he camped as a lb his whole sr year)..kid actually played some wr in high school.

He was athletic...but sort of small as a full time de.....was a tweener type...olb/de..Sad that Coach d and Golden came his sr year...because he is perfect for what they want as an olb/de in their scheme....

Only team he would have flourished in was Va tech who likes de's about his size that they split out wide. and let them rush.

M-Rob imo wasnt a disappointment..injuries..and technically being out of position hampered im some..but he still was somewhat productive...considering dude went against tackles his whole career being outweighted by 50 pounds atleast.

3-4 olb in league...likely gets drafted in late rounds and makes a team. He'll run a 4.7 and move pretty well enough to sell himself.

Advertisement
Always seems like he's forced fumbles at key moments since he's been here and IMO he's going to be a great 3-4 backer in the league. He's a good pass rusher but he's been out of position for 4 years here until recently. He's a very talented player.

Houston Texans will take him and turn him into a LB. He seems to have the physical tools for it, certainly lacks experience and has had injury problems, but I think his upside makes it worth a shot to at least have him on a practice squad for a while to see what he can learn.

Advertisement
Back