Marcus Lewis

Sorry to thread jack but this needed to be done in order finally silence these inept pieces of hot garbage that feel need to mention my name in a non-postive or productive manner!

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2015/01/canes-definitely-in-it-for-booker-t-star-receiver-antonio-callaway-after-official-visit-.html

Canes 'definitely' in it for Booker T. star receiver Antonio Callaway after official visit

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...away-after-official-visit-.html#storylink=cpy

Booker T. Washington receiver Antonio Callaway, a four-star prospect who was one of 17 official visitors at the University of Miami last weekend, said Tuesday the Hurricanes are among the three finalists he will chose from on National Signing Day.

"I narrowed my list down to Alabama, Miami and West Virginia," Callaway said Tuesday afternoon after he visited the Miami Herald office to pose for his All-Dade First Team selection photo. "Sometimes my heart tells me Miami. Sometimes it tells me Alabama. And sometimes it tells me West Virginia. Wherever I feel comfortable that's where I'm going to go. But right now, I'm totally undecided."

Callaway (5-11, 185) said he'll visit West Virginia this coming weekend and then Alabama on the weekend of the 30th. The Florida Gators, once thought to be the front-runner for Callaway, have dropped out of the picture he says.

Callaway, who grew up a Gators fan because his favorite player was Percy Harvin, said he had a great relationship with former UF assistant Travaris Robinson. But since Robinson left for Auburn, Callaway said, his relationship with Florida hasn't been the same.

"I barely hear from them," Callaway said. "From the new staff, I haven’t even heard from them at all. Coach [Jim] McElwain will send me a picture of their old players. That’s the most I hear from them. I write them back and won’t get a response."

At this point, Callaway said, the Hurricanes "definitely" have a shot at signing him.

"Even though I was injured and missed eight games they didn’t slack off recruiting me or nothing," Callaway said of UM's coaches. "They recruited me the whole time the same way."

What did Callaway think of his official visit to UM last weekend? "I loved it," he said.

"I hung out with Tyree Brady, got a chance to kick it with him. We were friends from down south [in Homestead]. I got to meet Brad Kaaya, some of the other players. He was telling me it was a good program, just come in and work, be humble and stuff is going to go in your favor."

What are UM's coaches telling Callaway? "The same thing [as Alabama and West Virginia]. They said I could come in and play as a true freshman."

Callaway said playing time is important to him. He wants to have a role.

What else matters to him? "Family," he said. "What is it going to feel like outside of football?"

Callaway said he liked the atmosphere at Miami and the camraderie between players.

Now, he'll head to Morgantown and Tuscaloosa the next two weekends to see if it feels the same or even better there................

Last edited:
Advertisement
The Calloway story was in the Miami herald, those few morons above that take issue with what I post. An fYI the herald is the local newspaper for those ith their heads apparently up their azzes.

Since your to lazy to keep up with things but not to lazy to talk crap, here is the link to the story.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2015/01/canes-definitely-in-it-for-booker-t-star-receiver-antonio-callaway-after-official-visit-.html

Go Canes

LOL. I like you man, but you do go overboard at times.

Davis never seems thrilled, not bringing in hope or anything just saying hes one of those type of kids

Call me crazy, but Davis is not even close to Fenton's category.. From a pure CB - standpoint, Fenton is sh*tting on all of these South Florida CB prospects.
I know some of us like (Geo, D$ , myself etc) are nut hugging on this kid, but this kid Fenton is a playmaker from all angles of the field. This staff is dropping the ball big time on this kid!

The Calloway story was in the Miami herald, those few morons above that take issue with what I post. An fYI the herald is the local newspaper for those ith their heads apparently up their azzes.

Since your to lazy to keep up with things but not to lazy to talk crap, here is the link to the story.

Go Canes

LOL. I like you man, but you do go overboard at times.

leave Parano alone,. he is like the "crazy uncle" of the family lol.

Davis never seems thrilled, not bringing in hope or anything just saying hes one of those type of kids

Call me crazy, but Davis is not even close to Fenton's category.. From a pure CB - standpoint, Fenton is sh*tting on all of these South Florida CB prospects.
I know some of us like (Geo, D$ , myself etc) are nut hugging on this kid, but this kid Fenton is a playmaker from all angles of the field. This staff is dropping the ball big time on this kid!

Spook, who is Davis what High school team he play for?

Advertisement
i dont think Davis is that good but that's just me

I've been saying Fenton is Dades best cornerback.

Davante Davis does have the higher ceiling but as Jassid said, he has some fine tuning and learning still to do.

Davante Davis does have the higher ceiling but as Jassid said, he has some fine tuning and learning still to do.

Davis is a kid who just doesnt smile alot anyway so can read that.

i would not be surprised to hear the name Rashard Causey more too.

I wasnt too high on fenton then i started to watch more of his highlights and i was really impressed with his senior season, one thing davis had is the height and he has very good speed for his height, hes ball skills are good but he has some coverage issues, not too good in zone and he got beat in some games, from a coverage standpoint fenton is better, fenton is a little faster too, both return kicks and fenton is better at that aspect too, davis has a little bit of a higher ciling but fenton is a baller and deserves an offer, if he cant see the field on defense he would be a very good returner/special teams player atleast

I wasnt too high on fenton then i started to watch more of his highlights and i was really impressed with his senior season, one thing davis had is the height and he has very good speed for his height, hes ball skills are good but he has some coverage issues, not too good in zone and he got beat in some games, from a coverage standpoint fenton is better, fenton is a little faster too, both return kicks and fenton is better at that aspect too, davis has a little bit of a higher ciling but fenton is a baller and deserves an offer, if he cant see the field on defense he would be a very good returner/special teams player atleast

+1

Cash that ticket

Advertisement

Davis is a kid who just doesnt smile alot anyway so can read that.

i would not be surprised to hear the name Rashard Causey more too.

I hope so, I really like Causey and it's never bad to add a guy from STA. It might make Scarlett more solid which leads to Bruce coming next year. Regardless I think he is good enough to pursue and try to get in this class and just RS him.

I liked Causey since he was at USchool. I prefer him over a guy like Redwine when it comes to corner but I prefer Fenton and the two Davis's before him.

Spook, who is Davis what High school team he play for?

Davante Davis from Booker T (Transfer from Homestead High).

Im still high on the Davante Davis train......best cb in s.fla....

Fenton to me is a BEAST..and should of had an offer a LONG TIME AGO.....

I take those two over a class of T.Mcfadden and Tyrek Cole or a class of Tim Irvin and Carlton Davis.

I feel we need to grab Fenton definately.......Davante would play early on for us imo if he were to commit.

Advertisement
how does Irving hosting Davis on an OV to Auburn and Davis seeming less than impressed on his OV to miami = him coming to miami? If anything it seems like he's Auburn's to lose now

I think Tim Irvin flipping from Texas and TE Clarington having major grades issues an possibly having to go juco or prep, is causing Davante Davis to have 2nd thoughts about going to Texas as the lone south florida kid, an he is now reaching out to staff an considering flipping to UM.

Davante Davis didn't seem to thrilled on his official visit to Miami this weekend, but I am thinking the Tim Irvin flip from Texas to Auburn has hit Davis as a game changer. Davis is visiting Auburn this week with Irvin as his host, so it stands to reason Charlie Strong will pull his Texas offer as Strong did when Irvin went on his Auburn visit.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/1/18/7763793/davante-davis-auburn-tigers-official-visit-tim-irvin-host

So the staff may be pressuring Marcus Lewis for a solid commitment ( meaning no more visits) sooner rather than later if not Miami will give the spot to the local kid.

An with Calloway now leaning toward UM since he has been dropped by UF's new coaching staff, Miami could end hopefully end up with the Booket T trifecta of Walton, Calloway, and Davis with also hopefully finding a way to take Lewis alo.

Go Canes

When did this happen and how the **** did I miss that?

He stated as such in the Manny's Herald article.

I think Tim Irvin flipping from Texas and TE Clarington having major grades issues an possibly having to go juco or prep, is causing Davante Davis to have 2nd thoughts about going to Texas as the lone south florida kid, an he is now reaching out to staff an considering flipping to UM.

Davante Davis didn't seem to thrilled on his official visit to Miami this weekend, but I am thinking the Tim Irvin flip from Texas to Auburn has hit Davis as a game changer. Davis is visiting Auburn this week with Irvin as his host, so it stands to reason Charlie Strong will pull his Texas offer as Strong did when Irvin went on his Auburn visit.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/1/18/7763793/davante-davis-auburn-tigers-official-visit-tim-irvin-host

So the staff may be pressuring Marcus Lewis for a solid commitment ( meaning no more visits) sooner rather than later if not Miami will give the spot to the local kid.

An with Calloway now leaning toward UM since he has been dropped by UF's new coaching staff, Miami could end hopefully end up with the Booket T trifecta of Walton, Calloway, and Davis with also hopefully finding a way to take Lewis alo.

Go Canes

When did this happen and how the **** did I miss that?

Paranos' posts are less coherent than DBC's twitter

Paranos the recruit whisperer.

Advertisement
I think Tim Irvin flipping from Texas and TE Clarington having major grades issues an possibly having to go juco or prep, is causing Devante Davis have 2nd thoughts about going to Texas as the only south florida kid, an he is now reaching out to staff an considering flipping to UM.

So the staff maybe pressuring Marcus Lewis for a solid commitment sooner rather than later if not Miami will give the spot to the local kid.

An with Calloway now leaning toward UM since he has been dropped by UF's new coaching staff, Miami could

Miami not pressuring him to commit imo. They have been recruiting him for over a year and is one of their bigger targets in this class. The day after his visit he said he was thinking about making a decision soon. Davis imo is likely to end up at auburn imo.

IMO? That's going to happen it doesn't take much to figure that one out, T Rob plus Irvin he will end up Auburn considering they already land Fl recruits all the time

how does Irving hosting Davis on an OV to Auburn and Davis seeming less than impressed on his OV to miami = him coming to miami? If anything it seems like he's Auburn's to lose now

lol. someone finally said something astute.

I take those two over a class of T.Mcfadden and Tyrek Cole or a class of Tim Irvin and Carlton Davis.

I feel we need to grab Fenton definately.......Davante would play early on for us imo if he were to commit.

You can forget about Fenton as Grohlden has dropped the ball yet again. Once we strike out on Davis, Grohlden will probably come groveling back to Fenton on NSD "hey buddy we were just teasing...we wanted you from day 1 !!!!".

Fenton will tell him to pound sand just like Skai Moore did.

I hear you.. you have been very high on Davante the whole season gogeta4", give you props for staying firm with your opinion. In any case, the moral of the story is that Golden is slipping on Fenton.

Advertisement
Back