2023 Marcellius Pulliam - LB (Commits to UM)

Can we please get some booty gifs for the young man. Let’s squash this arguing and celebrate!!!!

nicki minaj artists on tumblr GIF by Animation Domination High-Def

Advertisement
I like the Horton take. All this started cause I’m taking about this 900th player in the nation 3 star LB. Not Horton
Horton IS also a 3 star. If this was Manny offering some rando slow dude I am with you. But this is Charlie Strong. This guy's specialty is identifying Lbs. You got dudes like @KANE here who saw this kid play live go back to pg 3 and see his comments on his game.... this is exactly the type of guy we need in this class.

So the fact that you are focused on a stupid recruiting service and not the fact that strong, Zo, @KANE who saw him play live has to say is either trollish or borderline stupdity.

The kid can hit like a truck, has SEC size and had a good senior year. Has potential to be an ALL ACC linebacker and will probably be a BACKUP. This is how you build elite teams.

You’re comparing Golden to a HC that’s viewed as one of the best recruiters in the country, a good evaluator , that’s won multiple conference titles at a power five school? Do you see how some would think that’s kinda silly? This coach unlike the previous guys has a good reputation. We also have somebody helping with evaluations that worked in upper management and scouting for 20 + years. Some of y’all got to stop comparing staffs and resumes. There’s no comparison.
Mario is a good recruiter for getting big recruits. I've never heard anyone show he was good at evaluating 2 and 3 stars so that they worked out better on average. The only person to try to do that so far brought up Herbert, who Mario didn't even recruit haha.

There is a comparison. The comparison is in the stars of recruits. I still trust in Mario, but this is not a good take, on average. We are overloaded with 3 stars in this class. Your complete confidence in Mario being able to be * the first * coach to turn a bunch of 3 stars into a championship team is insane.

Hopefully UGA doesn't offer him so we don't have to test this theory. They have won with Mpemba and Aguero or whatever that safety name was so far.
We could have landed Aguero... UGA went all out. Notice with Francis and Cormani no one beat us to him.

We also took Lew from them who they were expecting in their class.

When Miami really wants a kid... and I mean REALLY wants a kid, the effort they make in recruiting and NIL is tough to beat.

For example Brandon Innis if we lose out on him, it will be strictly on how much he values Hartline as a coach. Because what we are offering him blows OSU out of the water , not to mention the maniacal effor Mario is putting into him. With all things being equal when Miami wants to up the ante ( Cormani, Francis, Samson) we will not be beat when we make someone a grade A priority. Inniss MIGHT be the diamond in the rough L just because the Hartline factor and even then that might prove to be dumb on his part.

Advertisement
Mario is a good recruiter for getting big recruits. I've never heard anyone show he was good at evaluating 2 and 3 stars so that they worked out better on average. The only person to try to do that so far brought up Herbert, who Mario didn't even recruit haha.

There is a comparison. The comparison is in the stars of recruits. I still trust in Mario, but this is not a good take, on average. We are overloaded with 3 stars in this class. Your complete confidence in Mario being able to be * the first * coach to turn a bunch of 3 stars into a championship team is insane.
Not just Mario. Charlie Strong closed this. Strong can evaluate lbs better than almost any coach in America. On top of that you jabe an NFL talent evaluator assisting .

TY Hilton
Jonathan Cyprien

Welcome to the U young man. Love that Mario is bringing in body types as flyer guys

Advertisement
Clemson was winning 10-11 games a year before Lawrence and Watson. Tahj Boyd was a nice college qb but nothing special or a top pick. He was a sixth rounder. He even win 10 games with a journeyman Cole Stoudt starting over half the year with a true Fr Watson. Having a good staff and dynamic offenses helped with pretty good recruiting.
You’re making waaaaaay too much sense for this board. Please stop.

Advertisement
These aren’t the same three stars as previous staffs and it’s obvious to anyone that’s not trying to be a ****. We were taking guys with offers from Buffalo and Uconn under some of our previous coaches. These kids have legit big offers from power five and Sec schools. On top of that we have a scouting / recruiting dept lead by a former NFL executive / scout. What college can say that? Once again if you can’t see that and still comparing to previous staffs this conversation / debate is a waste.
We just went 7-5, to 5-7…..and neither is good. it’s hard to see it

Advertisement
Too many if he wants to turn this into an elite team
How many 4-5 stars are you expecting to land with a 5-7 record while losing to MTSU?

Might as well build from the ground up with these types. Once we start seeing improvement it will be much easier to recruit your top end guys that see the program about to turn the corner.

But I think Mario approaching this as a 3 year build at minimum. Amazing he has a top 10 class as it is.

Any GA guys got a read on him? I honestly didn't know a thing.
Good program. Always one of the better schools outside the perimeter. He’s going to be well coached. Playing for a state tile next week.

Some limitations but he’s not undersized and slow. No reason he can’t contribute on first and second downs. At worst you’ve got a solid ST contributor.

Advertisement
Back