Marc Trestman

Advertisement
Don't be too quick to judge a coach's college potential based on what he did in the pros.

Saban sucked
Petrino sucked
Even Pete Carroll sucked in his first go around

If the administration for whatever reason refused to bring back Butch or go after someone like Schiano ....I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Trestman before someone like Cristobal. You pair him with an ace recruiter (which you could afford to do since he'd basically double as his own OC) and a good DC and we'd be in a **** of a lot better shape than we are now.

Advertisement
JMC you could almost pull a coach out of your *** and we'd be better than we are now. I'd rather have Ryan if we're going to look at recently unemployed NFL coaches with the same idea of pairing him with the right people.

JMC you could almost pull a coach out of your *** and we'd be better than we are now. I'd rather have Ryan if we're going to look at recently unemployed NFL coaches with the same idea of pairing him with the right people.

Well I'm working under the assumption that a big name like Ryan is out of the realm of possibility. No **** I'd rather have Ryan as well.

I'm looking at from the standpoint of realistic options...options the administration could conceivably get at a bargain.

Those of you expecting a splashy hire once the inevitable happens are setting yourself up for failure. I have a bad feeling the ******* retards running our program have a little ego war going on with Butch and despite the public outcry for him....they won't go that route.

Expect something lower down the food chain and be pleasantly surprised if we get someone like a Butch or Schiano.

I stand by what I said about Trestman....the talking heads on this site will tear him apart but we could do a lot worse.

I'd be worried about recruiting w/ Trestman. Guy doesn't have much of an outgoing personality and looks like a straight up old man pedophile. He did win a lot in the CFL tho.

Advertisement
I'd be worried about recruiting w/ Trestman. Guy doesn't have much of an outgoing personality and looks like a straight up old man pedophile. He did win a lot in the CFL tho.

Well you'd save money on a offensive coordinator since he'd basically double as his own OC...to me that provides an opportunity to overpay for a better DC and/or "ace" recruiter type to pair with him.

**** under this scenario you could keep Coley on staff since Trestman would undoubtedly call his own plays...you could then "promote" Coley to assistant head coach and let him focus on nothing but recruiting.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Well you'd save money on a offensive coordinator since he'd basically double as his own OC...to me that provides an opportunity to overpay for a better DC and/or "ace" recruiter type to pair with him.

**** under this scenario you could keep Coley on staff since Trestman would undoubtedly call his own plays...you could then "promote" Coley to assistant head coach and let him focus on nothing but recruiting.

That might actually work. Isn't that Jimbo did in Trailerhassee with Coley as his "OC" and Stoops as his D coordinator?

That might actually work. Isn't that Jimbo did in Trailerhassee with Coley as his "OC" and Stoops as his D coordinator?

Whether it's Trestman or someone else we are going to have to get creative with the coaching structure cause at the end of the day we have a cheap *** administration which barely cares about football.

Those of you holding out pipe dreams for big named coaching staffs need to come to grips with the fact that we probably won't do much better than the scenario I laid out above.

To be clear...of course I'd love Butch, Ryan, Schiano, etc etc etc...my point is I'm not 100% convinced our ******* retarded administration is going to make such an obvious hire. If you work under that assumption the Trestman scenario isn't a horrible one. Let him focus on the offensive side of the ball and get him a good DC. Keep Coley as his recruiting "ace".

Advertisement
attachment.php
Are you kidding me?? Isn't he one of the guys that JJ was forced to keep on staff his first year? And was fired the next for undermining JJ. Elementary schools and children's hospitals wouldn't let him in the door.

Advertisement
Back