MAR says he has an offer to come back

Advertisement
Advertisement
So what if his brother played here? I think your position is childish and ridiculous. If a guy can help us, you take him.
No it’s actually just being a cuckold and taking him back. He ***** us leaves us then comes crawling back. Nah hard pass not in a position of need see ya

So what if his brother played here? I think your position is childish and ridiculous. If a guy can help us, you take him.
He can't help us at this time. There are MUCH greater positions of need that he is not suited/not willing to play.

You do realize the guy hasn’t done anything at auburn. we aren’t talking about some all world type of player here

Advertisement
Could be think of someone else but didn’t MAR play corner in high school?

He played everything. Legitimately a jack of all trades that was successful at RB, WR, Corner, and Safety. Also returned a lot of kicks with very good results.

We had him pigeonholed at safety. Everyone else was recruiting him at RB (where he wanted to play or at least get a shot).

Kid and his family were as courteous as a recruits and his family could be. There was no disrespect either way, but he picked Auburn to get a shot at what he saw himself doing.

He would be an upgrade in the receiving department. Same at kick returner. He wouldn't be in the three deep at running back with Cam back. As for corner, he's got the fluidity for it. Most here said his best position would be safety.

He's got talent, far better athlete than most here. Is he a jack of all trades but master of none, or could we find the right spot.

He played everything. Legitimately a jack of all trades that was successful at RB, WR, Corner, and Safety. Also returned a lot of kicks with very good results.

We had him pigeonholed at safety. Everyone else was recruiting him at RB (where he wanted to play or at least get a shot).

Kid and his family were as courteous as a recruits and his family could be. There was no disrespect either way, but he picked Auburn to get a shot at what he saw himself doing.

He would be an upgrade in the receiving department. Same at kick returner. He wouldn't be in the three deep at running back with Cam back. As for corner, he's got the fluidity for it. Most here said his best position would be safety.

He's got talent, far better athlete than most here. Is he a jack of all trades but master of none, or could we find the right spot.

Bring him in no matter what if he so desires. I've seen enough of dropped passes and a diarrhea defense (UNC and OkieS) Let him know he has to compete and there are other positions, who knows he might just be our cb for 2022 with expectations getting at least 2 cb's yearly is almost a dream.

Convince him to change to WR or CB, and tell him PR duties would be wide open between him and Malik Curtis.

Advertisement
I would have no problem taking him if he can legitimately help at CB or WR. I have no hard feelings about him not picking us the first time. His brother didn't exactly have a great experience here.

But if his mind is set on RB, there's really no need to talk about it. Given the difference in NFL salaries for RBs vs WRs or DBs, why would he be so set on RB?

I would have no problem taking him if he can legitimately help at CB or WR. I have no hard feelings about him not picking us the first time. His brother didn't exactly have a great experience here.

But if his mind is set on RB, there's really no need to talk about it. Given the difference in NFL salaries for RBs vs WRs or DBs, why would he be so set on RB?
What ? His brother was a first rd draft pick lock before his career ending injury

What ? His brother was a first rd draft pick lock before his career ending injury

He's talking about some perceived behind the scenes stuff, not his on the field play. AR would've gone down as one of our best WR's ever had he the chance to play more. He was a sight to see and whenever he had the ball in his hands, he just did things that made me wonder why he did them but they worked. He was just a freak.

Advertisement
He's talking about some perceived behind the scenes stuff, not his on the field play. AR would've gone down as one of our best WR's ever had he the chance to play more. He was a sight to see and whenever he had the ball in his hands, he just did things that made me wonder why he did them but they worked. He was just a freak.
Oh ok didn’t know about any of that ...man he was a beast.. glad I got to see him his fresh year vs GT

I'm not blaming us at all. It's just that when your brother has a career-ending injury, you just might feel like your luck will be better elsewhere.

Would take at WR or DB in a heartbeat. Need to continually add better athletes. Knighton, Chaney and Franklin will get 85-95% of our carries in 2022 so no need for him at RB

Advertisement
Back