Many On Here Are Missing Some Valuable Truth

Advertisement
Emotion takes over. I was in school when we won a national championship. I remember a time where we were Alabama, but more hated.

So to see the program sink to a blowout loss to Duke is frustrating to say the least. Especially when that Duke team was 3-9 and had less going for them theoretically than the Hurricanes, but their new staff got things turned around in about ten minutes
It’s so outrageously bad it’s not even worth being mad about. I’m at apathy until some Coach shows otherwise

Lane would not have this team undefeated
I’ll preface this by saying I was good with Lane coming here but….

What would he have done with our back 7 on D?
His defense has given up over 35 ppg vs very average offenses over the last 3.
Yes, we beat MTSU, but we’re still looking at tossups in a few other games.

Still expecting Miami Ws over GT and UVA. I'll have more data to model later in the week.

I mean, even a blind drunk monkey can be right 86% of the time right?
If we are basically going with the 3rd string OL ... we might end up with Jacurri playing after Jake gets knocked out. Is Matocha still here? He might be needed.

Advertisement
The only truth that matters is if Mario does not hold this class together, ravage the portal, and replace about 4-5 coaches, we will be this bad for the next 3-4 years. I don’t speak for the people cutting the checks, but $8 million a year is pretty expensive for moral victories. Which is the only kind of victories Miami will get for the foreseeable future if he doesn’t do what I just mentioned.

In retrospect, aside from the turnovers yesterday reminded me of Michigan State:

1666549578654.png

1666549598267.png

Advertisement
When barraged with constant failure by the mistakes we make, or the people we associate with, there comes a time when we look deep inside and and find the strength to make the changes we need to make to succeed. Games like this can sometimes be the catalyst for massive changes. A smart person, a caring person, will commit to making positive changes to turn the situation around.

As weird as this may sound, this season (as it's going) may become the ***** that the Canes have needed for years. Forget the wins and the losses. Let it play out for good or bad and see what changes are made going forward. Dwelling on the failure is bad for the mind and soul. If we can't stop looking at the negatives then, as the saying goes....."If you don't like where you are....GO SOMEWHERE ELSE".

There is absolutely nothing fans can do that will affect the outcomes of the final 5 games.
Well said. Like others on here I’ve taken massive pleasure in seeing UF and FSU drop the occasional 3 or 4 win season. When that’s happened I’ve often thought to myself why the football Gods haven’t sent that misery our way. Meddling with 6 or 7 win seasons over the years has driven us nuts. Sadly though we’ve been close to that 3-4 win mark and I think we may finally see it.

For the first time since the mid to late 90’s I’ve taken the approach of sitting back and watching the dysfunction knowing it has to be blown to bits.

I’m taking some pleasure from seeing young bucks and new arrivals start to make their mark. Other than that it’s tough watching the “*****” in HD in front of my eyes. It’s a disjointed mess which consists of some very uncomfortable guys in that locker room.

At this point it’s all about Mario being a salesman and keeping/growing the upcoming class. Just as importantly it’s his role to disengage and move on from the dead weight myself and others have spoken of on this roster. I’ve made it clear I trust Mario’s method and believe he will turn us around for the long haul. It’s going to be messy, make no mistake. There’s some talented, highly touted guys who just don’t fit the mold of what he wants. Unless something changes, and I don’t believe it will, expect some of the guys clamored for on here to transfer. Specifically if this class manages to be a plus.

Remember the useless coach is making 8 million a year. We could’ve had Lane for 7 and be undefeated.
The talent you see on this team is what Cristobal was left with and the performers are the people he brought in after his arrival. Lane Kiffin would be in the same situation and not undefeated, just give it a rest. This is a bad team, it's good in a few areas, but weak in far too many. If Manny was here we would be 1-6 or 2-5. It's going to take some time. I've been a Cane Fan since 1979, the optimism for 2022 was not realistic.

The talent you see on this team is what Cristobal was left with and the performers are the people he brought in after his arrival. Lane Kiffin would be in the same situation and not undefeated, just give it a rest. This is a bad team, it's good in a few areas, but weak in far too many. If Manny was here we would be 1-6 or 2-5. It's going to take some time. I've been a Cane Fan since 1979, the optimism for 2022 was not realistic.
So what we need is a stacked team to beat MTSU and Duke? Got it

Then hang in there, get what joy you can from the games, whether they be wins or losses, and be thankful that you're able to do so.
I'll admit, seeing Young grow into WR1 is a joy. Oh, and surprise...he's not a Manny Diaz kid. CMC gets enough Youngs into the fold through recruiting, this **** could be going someplace special. Hate to have to go through more hard times to see that happen but I guess it's just part of the journey.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back