Many On Here Are Missing Some Valuable Truth

6 & 6 my a##! We may not win another game this year.

I'm circling the Ga Tech game as a possible 4th win. That's it. Wait, we have Virgina next week! We might win that one but VA saying the same thing about us

Advertisement
You are right. This season is what it is. Next season will be a better indicator of which direction we're headed. I don't follow the star system because I honestly believe that many (if not most) of the high star players get too many accolades because it's South Florida. I hope Mario starts recruiting from other states....especially for offensive linemen.
I hope that Mario completely avoids South Florida schools and refuses any interest from them.

When barraged with constant failure by the mistakes we make, or the people we associate with, there comes a time when we look deep inside and and find the strength to make the changes we need to make to succeed. Games like this can sometimes be the catalyst for massive changes. A smart person, a caring person, will commit to making positive changes to turn the situation around.

As weird as this may sound, this season (as it's going) may become the ***** that the Canes have needed for years. Forget the wins and the losses. Let it play out for good or bad and see what changes are made going forward. Dwelling on the failure is bad for the mind and soul. If we can't stop looking at the negatives then, as the saying goes....."If you don't like where you are....GO SOMEWHERE ELSE".

There is absolutely nothing fans can do that will affect the outcomes of the final 5 games.
Might be on to something. This team honestly over achieved the richt / Manny years was always surprised by some of our wind then we would get brought back to earth. This season is just the mediocre recruiting/dedication to the program catching up to us finally. I mean fsu looked awful last year and they beat us. Sometimes you have to burn it all to the ground to fix it. We may not like it as a fan base but Mario wants to win more than any of us so let's see what he can do.

Life as a cane fan. Its always been wait for year 3-4 since Shannon with these guys.
Agreed. It was wait until the Coker-ized players were gone. That was estimated to be 2009. And then the disappointment of 2010.

Then it was the same under Al Golden. He just needed time to recruit, and for the cloud to lift. We waited five years.

Then it was the same with Richt. And I guess Manny.

Here’s a cold, hard fact. We already attrited 32 players from last year’s team. A third of the Manny players are already gone!

And here’s one other face. I was excited as anyone about Mario, but this team is doing something that never happened under Manny, except arguably the fourth quarter against Michigan State.

They quit. And it’s happened twice. Against defending NC champions Duke, and that formidable powerhouse from Middle Tennessee.

It’s not about Lane winning more games than Mario, or that Lane here would have won more games than Mario has. It’s the quality of the output on the field. A well-coached team is the difference between us and Duke. A well-coached team is the difference between us and MTSU.

Advertisement
Agreed. It was wait until the Coker-ized players were gone. That was estimated to be 2009. And then the disappointment of 2010.

Then it was the same under Al Golden. He just needed time to recruit, and for the cloud to lift. We waited five years.

Here’s a cold, hard fact. We already attrited 32 players from last year’s team. A third of the Manny players are already gone!

And here’s one other face. I was excited as anyone about Mario, but this team is doing something that never happened under Manny, except arguably the fourth quarter against Michigan State.

They quit. And it’s happened twice. Against defending NC champions Duke, and that formidable powerhouse from Middle Tennessee.

Bruh the team did not quit....Garcia turned the ball over 30 times and we got beat. Saying we quit is an excuse for how bad Garcia and the OL played

Bruh the team did not quit....Garcia turned the ball over 30 times and we got beat. Saying we quit is an excuse for how bad Garcia and the OL played
This is the worst I’ve seen us since before the championships - maybe worse given the star level 247 says we have and the money coaches are getting paid.

Advertisement

Attachments

• 159EE441-0E96-46FA-AEAE-0B96854FF742.jpeg
    159EE441-0E96-46FA-AEAE-0B96854FF742.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4

Facts! To think that were only in year 1

When barraged with constant failure by the mistakes we make, or the people we associate with, there comes a time when we look deep inside and and find the strength to make the changes we need to make to succeed. Games like this can sometimes be the catalyst for massive changes. A smart person, a caring person, will commit to making positive changes to turn the situation around.

As weird as this may sound, this season (as it's going) may become the ***** that the Canes have needed for years. Forget the wins and the losses. Let it play out for good or bad and see what changes are made going forward. Dwelling on the failure is bad for the mind and soul. If we can't stop looking at the negatives then, as the saying goes....."If you don't like where you are....GO SOMEWHERE ELSE".

There is absolutely nothing fans can do that will affect the outcomes of the final 5 games.
This is called copium.

Mario is what he is. And he ain’t a winning HC.

Advertisement
This is more like an abusive relationship. We the fans are the battered wife. Our only mistake is continuing to think this team with change, but this team has shown no evidence of changing. At some point you have to walk out.

in fairness, all the prior coaches left better talent AND more hungry kids to the new coach. Manny hated recruiting and it shows.

in fairness, all the prior coaches left better talent AND more hungry kids to the new coach. Manny hated recruiting and it shows.
In the last twenty years I'd say:

- Golden left things in the best shape. He recruited well and had multiple future NFL players on the roster. Depth itself however was too thin
- Coker left behind a horrible structural imbalance on offense. He simple failed to recruit wide receivers. Not just blue chip players, but any players. We entered 2006 with just 6 players on roster. He also only recruited two quarterbacks in five years
- Richt left Manny with severe problems on offensive line which negated any chance that Enos had to make his offense a success
- Manny wasn't able to rebuild the offensive line. He didn't successfully replenish the linebacker position with blue chip talent, and like Coker failed to recruit players at all in a key position (cornerback).

Advertisement

Big Manny's "Y1", has been from the beginning, a full blend of "Y1-Y3/Y4".

These losses are bumps in road.

A sinkhole in the road however, is if 2023 class falls apart. Probably no recovering from that.

In the last twenty years I'd say:

- Golden left things in the best shape. He recruited well and had multiple future NFL players on the roster. Depth itself however was too thin
- Coker left behind a horrible structural imbalance on offense. He simple failed to recruit wide receivers. Not just blue chip players, but any players. We entered 2006 with just 6 players on roster. He also only recruited two quarterbacks in five years
- Richt left Manny with severe problems on offensive line which negated any chance that Enos had to make his offense a success
- Manny wasn't able to rebuild the offensive line. He didn't successfully replenish the linebacker position with blue chip talent, and like Coker failed to recruit players at all in a key position (cornerback).

I agree.

Some have Manny responsible for the failures of Richt Manny and Mario…. I love this place

I agree.

Some have Manny responsible for the failures of Richt Manny and Mario…. I love this place
Emotion takes over. I was in school when we won a national championship. I remember a time where we were Alabama, but more hated.

So to see the program sink to a blowout loss to Duke is frustrating to say the least. Especially when that Duke team was 3-9 and had less going for them theoretically than the Hurricanes, but their new staff got things turned around in about ten minutes

Advertisement
Back