Manny's weakness in plain sight

HurikaneMarc

Redshirt Freshman
Manny on D'Eriq King : “He’s hurt. He’s hurt emotionally,” said Diaz. “He wants so badly for us to be great.”

Not to sound insensitive to a grown man who lost a football game but why does Manny think that we care about his feelings?

You might talk about a hurt lockerroom after a playoff loss but the feelings of your Qb are not news after losing a game that you should have won. As a matter of fact his feelings should never be a matter for the press.

But after seeing Manny coddle both Jarren Williams and Cam Harris I'm starting to see why his kids don't play hard for them. He cares how they feel and they know it. You should care about your players, but how they feel should never affect a coaching decision. All the guys in the locker room recognize that weakness in him and it is now a part of our culture.

Leading men is hard and mostly you trip yourself up being yourself.

Diaz hinted at a lineup shakeup.

“At some point you gotta honor what the film says and play guys that can make plays,” said Diaz. “We’ve got to take a look at our personnel and find the best team we can put on the field.”

At some point?? He obviously didn't listen to a word Jimmy Johnson told him. You always play the guys who make plays and the least mistakes in that order.

He's coaching for his football career now. If he gets fired after this season he won't be able to lick his wounds by returning to being a DC. Who would have him? Maybe this desperation lights a fire under his *** and in turn the kids.

Advertisement
“At some point you gotta honor what the film says and play guys that can make plays,” said Diaz. “We’ve got to take a look at our personnel and find the best team we can put on the field.”
BlahBlah.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m done with all the coach speak.

How about owning up to the fact that your not getting it done. We’d all have more respect for manny if he did.

I remember my coach telling me your job isn’t secure after my junior year which wasn’t the best. And there was another kid coming up behind me who honestly was a way better athlete than me. I said no way and busted my *** all off season, kept the job and made all conference. I was to afraid to be embarrassed by getting benched and had to much pride to let that happen.

Kids these days need a coach who is going to pull no punches and they have to fear his words. I did and it makes you a better man and player/teammate.

Stop trying to be the best friend and be a leader Manny. These young men need that.

This is like listening to Golden ramble on and on during his last season here before Clemson beat him 58-0. Dead man walking.

I expect a similar story to play out the next few weeks before we go up to Chapel Hill and Sam Howell and Mack Brown pound Manny into submission and put the nail in the coffin for him.

Advertisement
Manny on D'Eriq King : “He’s hurt. He’s hurt emotionally,” said Diaz. “He wants so badly for us to be great.”

Not to sound insensitive to a grown man who lost a football game but why does Manny think that we care about his feelings?

You might talk about a hurt lockerroom after a playoff loss but the feelings of your Qb are not news after losing a game that you should have won. As a matter of fact his feelings should never be a matter for the press.

But after seeing Manny coddle both Jarren Williams and Cam Harris I'm starting to see why his kids don't play hard for them. He cares how they feel and they know it. You should care about your players, but how they feel should never affect a coaching decision. All the guys in the locker room recognize that weakness in him and it is now a part of our culture.

Leading men is hard and mostly you trip yourself up being yourself.

Diaz hinted at a lineup shakeup.

At some point?? He obviously didn't listen to a word Jimmy Johnson told him. You always play the guys who make plays and the least mistakes in that order.

He's coaching for his football career now. If he gets fired after this season he won't be able to lick his wounds by returning to being a DC. Who would have him? Maybe this desperation lights a fire under his *** and in turn the kids.

Manny has more feelings for players than a school nurse.... maybe that's his calling.

The issue I have with this is it's an obvious attempt to garner sympathy for King. I don't know anyone who's angry with King, but it's clear he's not 100%.
At some point we have to move forward and see if we have another QB on the roster that can play!

Advertisement
I hate to say it but after watching Shiano again start to make Rutgers respectable I wonder if he would of been a good hire here.

Not saying he’s the guy now but 10 years ago maybe.

His teams play sound ball even if they lack top end talent. Give him better talent and maybe he’d at least have us competitive in the coastal every year.

King plays hard and is tough but he isn't a vocal leader, locks onto his primary option on every play and is 5'5. His time here should be 100% over. He was handed the starting job in 2020 and again in 2021. He isn't owed anything.

"At some point you gotta honor what the film says and play guys that can make plays,” said Diaz. “We’ve got to take a look at our personnel and find the best team we can put on the field.”

This in its own right should be justification for firing for cause. What are you a dad youth coach? I wonder if Mel Tucker had the same issue watching film going into 2021? No, he looked at what he had on his 2020 roster saw how they performed on the field and cleared it out via the portal, etc. We heard nonsense from our Coker, Shannon and Golden, but this takes the cake.

"At some point you gotta honor what the film says and play guys that can make plays,” said Diaz. “We’ve got to take a look at our personnel and find the best team we can put on the field.”

This in its own right should be justification for firing for cause. What are you a dad youth coach? I wonder if Mel Tucker had the same issue watching film going into 2021? No, he looked at what he had on his 2020 roster saw how they performed on the field and cleared it out via the portal, etc. We heard nonsense from our Coker, Shannon and Golden, but this takes the cake.

I think people are over analyzing this line. To me this reads that players look good in practice but when they get on the field the film doesn't reflect. So, at some point you have to say fvck what's happening on greentree, lets just throw everyone at the wall and see who sticks.

Advertisement
Back