Manny's response to possible QB's leaving

This isn't unique to Miami. QBs want to play and they WILL transfer if they don't win the starting job. That's why you have to keep signing QB recruits every year and not just sit on the guys you have.

Literally the BEST CASE scenario would be Williams putting a stranglehold on the position for the next 4 years. If it chases off other guys, so be it. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If guys are lining up to transfer to your school, it means you don't have a quarterback. I'd prefer to have a great quarterback for 4 years(hopefully) and deal with guys transferring out.

Advertisement
It’s one thing to say that in the middle of the summer, it’s a different thing to be in the middle of it. I guarantee this ain’t the conversation that Manny is having in private with Tate and Perry. He needs both of them to stay. With this OL, depth could become a very real issue at the QB position.

You sir are clueless and more than likely not from Miami if you believe what you just wrote. And coach richt was the see, jeff thomas says hello. The same things coach diaz said, i say after almost every recruiting class when i see people crying and complaining because certain recruits signed elsewhere. By the way, our boy, who is the epitome of that this year, tell evan neal he should be glad he went to Bama:

Then here comes the portal..............but NOTHING is guaranteed, so it comes down to WHERE and what program and level do you want to start, and what program works best for your talent.
32% of starting QB's playing in 2019, did not start with their original team. I know that, but it is not stacking chips to have one or more competent QB's ready to roll in cases of injuries...
It is an insurance policy to protect your season.

I haven't done the analysis, but I would imagine that among P5 programs...even the top ones...if the starter goes down, the backup is either a freshman or a JAG.

So let me roll this out for those of you that are slow. Let’s say Tate bounces. That means we have JW15 as the starter and Kosi as the backup. Let’s not forget Kosi’s checkered past on and off the field. He is potentially one major infraction from being of the team. That means you are left with Matchoda as the back up. JW15 goes down or is just not that good and we’re ****ed! Manny can forget all about the TNM bs if that is the case..... And those
Knuckleheads begging for Tate to leave will be the same idiots screaming how Manny is a bum...

Perry will be fine if he stays. He should stay, work on his game and degree and grad transfer if necessary.

I would like to keep Martell, but there are systems that fit his style better.

I see him transferring before N’Kosi. Both guys have lots of room to grow and three years of eligibility. N’Kosi will be good for us if his number needs to be called.

If they leave, it's going to be in the next week. I pointed out in other posts, that staying for 2019 or even starting the Fall academic semester, would force them to sit out the 2020 season at their new school unless they were able to get a waiver and I don't think the waiver is likely. So, it's either leave now, or stay and compete for the job in 2020 and be a grad transfer in 2021. if you lose out.

Depending on credits picked up in high school and course load, they could graduate by the end of next summer.

May not be restricted to just one year eligibility as gts.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back