Manny's presser

None of these guys will ever tell the total truth to the media. Nothing positive can come of telling the whole truth to the general public....that's why you find a story that fits a set of facts. Public relations 101

i am not expecting the truth. i am dissecting the story to determine what really happened, why they spun THIS story to see what can be learned from it as it relates to deals or promises that might have been made and how these potentially affect the program in the future, among other things.

Advertisement
i am not expecting the truth. i am dissecting the story to determine what really happened, why they spun THIS story to see what can be learned from it as it relates to deals or promises that might have been made and how these potentially affect the program in the future, among other things.

Listen, I totally agree with you. There's a **** of a lot more to this story than just "Richt retired out of nowhere". You'd have to be a certified ****** to even entertain that thought.

I'm not going thru 14 pages of the thread to see if someone else mentioned this...

BUT - I absolutely love how Manny talked multiple times about fixing the culture of the program. It acknowledges that things were broken, and that it needs to be changed and improved in order to fix it. This sells me on him as the HC. Whoever the next guy was after CMR needed to get that, and be prepared to take actions on all fronts to get things fixed culture-wise.

Look back - the culture at UM hasn't been right since the early 2000's. Every other HC tried to fix pieces instead of the whole. Treated symptoms instead of the disease. I feel very confident that Manny is working to cure what ails the program instead of just patching holes on a sinking ship.

I'm not going thru 14 pages of the thread to see if someone else mentioned this...

BUT - I absolutely love how Manny talked multiple times about fixing the culture of the program. It acknowledges that things were broken, and that it needs to be changed and improved in order to fix it. This sells me on him as the HC. Whoever the next guy was after CMR needed to get that, and be prepared to take actions on all fronts to get things fixed culture-wise.

Look back - the culture at UM hasn't been right since the early 2000's. Every other HC tried to fix pieces instead of the whole. Treated symptoms instead of the disease. I feel very confident that Manny is working to cure what ails the program instead of just patching holes on a sinking ship.
I was a bit surprised he mentioned a D hire. Sounds like a DC? I hope so.

Advertisement
I was a bit surprised he mentioned a D hire. Sounds like a DC? I hope so.
Maybe. I think having 5/5 split between offense and defense on the staff makes sense.

One more note since I'm just now watching thru the presser...I don't know that we'll be able to get the perma-grin off of Manny's face with him realizing at every moment that he's now Miami HC...it's freaking awesome to see. He's excited AF, genuinely.

Ah thooght he did weel. Mair energy than Richt (not a high bar), mair poignant an' prescient than th' Onion, mair genuine an' less pseudo-polished than Golden. His tie/shirt combo was th' warst hin' he did, but Ah come frae a mair traditional an' cultured sartorial upbringin'. An' if his tie is th' warst hin' he did, 'en Ah hink he accoonted fur himself raither splendily. A proper showin', we haur ta th' public house gae heem a good proper tug of the ole Tadger-snake fur his efforts.

Advertisement

A spot on post!!

I would add that a major challenge will be changing the culture of the always negatively chattering fan base (many-not all). Yes, with today's social media most every program has their haters, but Miami, sadly, is in a class of their own which is a significant roadblock to recruiting.

Ah thooght he did weel. Mair energy than Richt (not a high bar), mair poignant an' prescient than th' Onion, mair genuine an' less pseudo-polished than Golden. His tie/shirt combo was th' warst hin' he did, but Ah come frae a mair traditional an' cultured sartorial upbringin'. An' if his tie is th' warst hin' he did, 'en Ah hink he accoonted fur himself raither splendily. A proper showin', we haur ta th' public house gae heem a good proper tug of the ole Tadger-snake fur his efforts.

Looks like Autocorrect has a CIS account

A spot on post!!

I would add that a major challenge will be changing the culture of the always negatively chattering fan base (many-not all). Yes, with today's social media most every program has their haters, but Miami, sadly, is in a class of their own which is a significant roadblock to recruiting.

Change the culture of the fan base?!? It’s called wanting to win above all else Earnie, something the previous coach didn’t much believe in. I, along with a lot of the “herd” here were hoping you would join him and gtfoh.

Advertisement

Manny sounded like Coach Spo... he wants to change the mentality of the whole program. So far

-Offensive Staff fired
-Fedora the Savage a leading candidate for OC
-Got Shaq and 56 to come back
-Fired S&C coach

this man gets it...

A spot on post!!

Well, if we are going to change the culture of the entire fan base, I’d like to suggest the Japanese culture. They’re very polite and I enjoy Hibachi restaurants.

Advertisement
Change the culture of the fan base?!? It’s called wanting to win above all else Earnie, something the previous coach didn’t much believe in. I, along with a lot of the “herd” here were hoping you would join him and gtfoh.

You have a spectacular talent to show just how eerily ignorant you are. For you to claim that Mark Richt was not a winner, didn't believe in winning, is a stupidity of such magnitude it insures your likeness will hang at the front entrance of the "Moron Hall of Fame" for evermore, because after all you can't beat perfection.

And I understand that your ilk would like to silence me, and others like me, as that's what your kind does in today's world. When you disagree with someone, and due to your stunted intellect, undeserved arrogance and fear of other opinions, you are modern day book burners and endeavor to shut off anyone that is not in lock-step with the Herd's hate and destructive actions.

Manny Diaz has just begun his tenure as the University of Miami's new Head Football Coach and already your ilk is attacking the man and creating rumors that you then use to try and degrade Diaz.

I believe in the coming months that Manny is going to marginalize your kind and expose you to be the losers you are.

If the Herd/Mob/Haters had been in action starting in the early 1980's the Canes wouldn't have even one National Championship to their credit as your lies and deceit have been a major negative for the program over the last 14 years. YOU ARE NOT CANES! YOU ARE LOSERS, AND CANES ARE NOT LOSERS!

So, little boy, go ahead and fly your banner planes and keep vomiting up the negativity because your time left as a destructive force can be measured on a cheap stopwatch.

Well, if we are going to change the culture of the entire fan base, I’d like to suggest the Japanese culture. They’re very polite and I enjoy Hibachi restaurants.

****, anything would be better than the current Herd loser culture. I'm onboard with the Japanese idea for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the Sushi that will be served at our "Winners Meetings".

i´m not fully convinced of the story presented as to how richt retired and manny was hired. when manny was on espn yesterday he lied a few times regarding how he learned of it. you can tell by his voice inflection, language, cadence and facial features. he said his wife learned about richt´s retirement through other coaches´ wives. today, he said that blake called him.​
it just doesnt jive for me​

Obviously the story has been contrived and I suspect that it was Richt that dictated how this was going to be messaged as part of the mutual agreement to part ways.

Advertisement
Back