Manny's only chance

Advertisement
We have had many threads since last night's game. Someone mentioned it in one of the other threads. I was on our sideline of the stadium. I look down to see if players were getting coached up to fix what was going on, on the field. There was not a single coach with any position group or unit trying to find out what the players are seeing out there and how they may fix it. I don't know how common or uncommon thst is, but i don't think thats good.

That means the players are supposed to learn whatever pre game and regardless of what is going on, on the field they run what they brought to the game. I mean thats my reading of it. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

We have had many threads since last night's game. Someone mentioned it in one of the other threads. I was on our sideline of the stadium. I look down to see if players were getting coached up to fix what was going on, on the field. There was not a single coach with any position group or unit trying to find out what the players are seeing out there and how they may fix it. I don't know how common or uncommon thst is, but i don't think thats good.

That means the players are supposed to learn whatever pre game and regardless of what is going on, on the field they run what they brought to the game. I mean thats my reading of it. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?
Makes no sense, but this a Manny-World

King isn’t getting benched, but the OP doesn’t sound as crazy as it would have 24 hours ago.

Hopefully we can put Central Conn away early so we can at least get a real look at what the backups look like.

Advertisement
King isn’t getting benched, but the OP doesn’t sound as crazy as it would have 24 hours ago.

Hopefully we can put Central Conn away early so we can at least get a real look at what the backups look like.

King isn’t the problem, if he was unhealthy he wouldn’t be taking off and risking injury

Lashlee is the problem was his horrific play calling

He's dropped the ball on that. He's had since 2016/2017 to recruit linebackers. The proof iu in the pudding.
Him being extremely arrogant this offseason thinking we didn’t need any portal LBs after I think 2 wanted to be here badly will be something he regrets if this defense falters. I know the Texas kid wanted in. Wasn’t there a Vandy LB too? Just crazy on his part.

King isn’t the problem, if he was unhealthy he wouldn’t be taking off and risking injury

Lashlee is the problem was his horrific play calling
I don’t disagree, but the point of the OP (if I understand it correctly) is if Lashlee isn’t going to change the offense, then let’s at least get someone in there that can make the throws.

King does not press defenses vertically. He doesn’t even attempt to stretch the defense enough, let alone actually complete passes. Much of that rests with King: he tucks it too fast if his first option isn’t there. Just look at his YPA.

Again, King isn’t getting benched. And he earned the right to start. But his limitations clearly hurt the offense.

Him being extremely arrogant this offseason thinking we didn’t need any portal LBs after I think 2 wanted to be here badly will be something he regrets if this defense falters. I know the Texas kid wanted in. Wasn’t there a Vandy LB too? Just crazy on his part.
King looks like he's lost a step and it's making him hesitant out there.

Advertisement
If only he had 6 consecutive recruiting seasons and off seasons to either land a big time LBer or develop one...
Hyppolite was there for the taking, a freak athlete, and supposedly has done great +i haven't watched personally). Another complete fail that this entire board said was a take.

I don’t disagree, but the point of the OP (if I understand it correctly) is if Lashlee isn’t going to change the offense, then let’s at least get someone in there that can make the throws.

King does not press defenses vertically. He doesn’t even attempt to stretch the defense enough, let alone actually complete passes. Much of that rests with King: he tucks it too fast if his first option isn’t there. Just look at his YPA.

Again, King isn’t getting benched. And he earned the right to start. But his limitations clearly hurt the offense.

His deep balls looked pretty good last night, few PI, nice Smith catch, Mallory drop

Dude isn’t getting benched but Lashlee wants to keep trying to do zone reads and RPO something King is awful at

No way King gets sat after being the leader in the off-season before suffering the injury. Manny has a problem sitting guys that have competition that is better and younger. No way he takes his captain down a notch due to performance. BTW, count me in the crowd thinking King looks like crap right now.
Has to be hard on King mentally. Transfer to see if you can get some pro- cred. Use a 6th year of eligibility. Then come up a little short the 1st two games? Transcendent moment in the young man's life.....

Advertisement
Advertisement
I too want Manny to succeed but the sample size is large enough now to see it’s highly unlikely.

I just don’t think Miami is a place for a coach to learn on the job.

Has to be hard on King mentally. Transfer to see if you can get some pro- cred. Use a 6th year of eligibility. Then come up a little short the 1st two games? Transcendent moment in the young man's life.....
You’re absolutely right. If he can rise above this and spend the time with Lashlee seeing it is that he sees (since he is calling the plays and presumably is giving him opportunities that aren’t being executed on) this could turn into a good tale. But at the moment, it looks more like a head in collision. But I don’t think that Manny has the stones to turn his head on the “run it back” leadership that brought back most of the super seniors (say what you will considering that they were not in positions to get drafted anyways). That was more of the thought as to why King won’t get benched unless the wheels fully fall of this ride.

OP, please don't bring up Kosi. The kid only was given a half-dozen chances to be UM's QB. He failed miserably each time. Talk about having unwarranted patience with a player.

Development is a whole other issue. Hard to recall the last UM QB who actually improved while here. Not regressing has become a victory of sorts this century.

Im not sure how lashlee is even considered a real Oc . Its like playing someone in madden with 3 plays they have . He has a nfl type te does he even throw the ball down field to him? I havent seen one deep ball . King needs to be replaced and made a coach. . Hes old enough to draw a coaches pinching on the sidelines . Diaz is flat out trash **** be fired after this year . Thank about this we listen to richts recommendation for diaz . Its like taking dementia biden seriously

Advertisement
Back