Manny's only chance

BS85

D before E
Premium
I'll keep this short (edit: not as short as first intended) as most of you are probably sick of the hot takes. Anyway, I want Miami to win so I'm always trying to find something to look forward to and don't just become completely depressed at out how ****** the team appears. In my opinion, the only possible way that Manny can save himself is if he replaces King. Just to clarify:

-I love King, this doesn't all fall on him by any means. Lashlee has done a horrendous job adapting to his personnel. He doesn't play to King's strengths, at all.

-Having said that, King doesn't fit this system at all (and Lashlee apparently isn't going to help), as many of you have pointed out. I keep thinking how much better the offense looked when Kosi was in. TVD or Garcia are definitely better passers and would be able to execute this offense how it's designed. I do believe Lashlee would open up the playbook a lot more with a pocket passer. Believe it or not, i think the wr's are pretty **** good, especially if the whole field/offense can be utilized.

-Manny's defense has run its course but i think it's good enough to keep him here another year as long as the QB switch pays off. However, he has to get a real DC and step the **** away come end of season.

Other needed changes:
-Manny has to play the best players no matter what, quit trying to keep the old, ****** players happy. It will kill the culture if it hasn't already. There is zero accountability on this team and it shows.

-The team should go to the turnover cat, adopt that crazy little ******* and take him to all the games. He was so disgusted with the game that he tried to off himself, don't let him down again!

Last edited:
Advertisement
They will restructure the offense before benching a 24 year old King. That is what bad stupid corches do. Manny is so arrogant. He knows he has a guaranteed 2 years left (paid) and he is gonna go down with the ship. He is in so far over his head. He will go into his 5th year with no extention and we will have a **** poor recruiting class. Then we get setback again.

Unfortunately no changes he makes can alter the fact that he's not fit to be a P5 HC. He's in way over his head. But I'd definitely bench King and insert as many youngsters into the lineup as possible. Guys like LT, JW, Kam, Arroyo, Chase, Roberts, Dunson should all be receiving heavy snaps vs MSU............but it's likely they won't

Advertisement
I'll keep this short as most of you are probably sick of the hot takes. Anyway, I want Miami to win so I'm always trying to find something to look forward to and don't just become completely depressed at out how ****** the team appears. In my opinion, the only possible way that Manny can save himself is if he replaces King. Just to clarify:

-I love King, this doesn't all fall on him by any means. Lashlee has done a horrendous job adapting to his personnel. He doesn't play to King's strengths, at all.

-Having said that, King doesn't fit this system at all (and Lashlee apparently isn't going to help), as many of you have pointed out. I keep thinking how much better the offense looked when Kosi was in. TVD or Garcia are definitely better passers and would be able to execute this offense how it's designed. I do believe Lashlee would open up the playbook a lot more with a pocket passer. Believe it or not, i think the wr's are pretty **** good, especially if the whole field/offense can be utilized.

-Manny's defense has run its course but i think it's good enough to keep him here another year as long as the QB switch pays off. However, he has to get a real DC and step the **** away come end of season.

Other needed changes:
-Manny has to play the best players no matter what, quit trying to keep the old, ****** players happy. It will kill the culture if it hasn't already. There is zero accountability on this team and it shows.

-The team should go to the turnover cat, adopt that crazy little ******* and take him to all the games. He was so disgusted with the game that he tried to off himself, don't let him down again!
I’d hate to see the long version. That was like when my wife says I need a quick word with you.

I kid. I kid. King and Lashlee are a perplexing mess right now.

I’d hate to see the long version. That was like when my wife says I need a quick word with you.

I kid. I kid. King and Lashlee are a perplexing mess right now.
Haha, yeah i should have gone back and edited that part. Definitely false advertising.

Advertisement
I really don’t think it’s all on King. Lashlee calling RPO’s and zone reads that King is obviously not good at. Has King missed some reads? No doubt. Has he missed some throws? All QB’s do. Lashlee’s play calling has been questionable at best.

The OL was supposed to be improved but I don’t see it. They’ve had their moments but for the most part they’re getting their asses kicked.

We’re seeing the same **** on D we’ve seen in the past. Gaping holes in the run game. WR’s running wide open and half-assed tackling.

We flash at times on both sides of the ball and then it seems we lose any momentum with a penalty or another ****** play call.

I was rooting for Manny because if he succeeded then the program would and that’s all I cared about was that U. But I’ve seen a big enough sample size to see that he’s not a P5 head coach. The defense that we blamed on Blake Baker is basically the same, so we were duped. There’s no discipline, no toughness, no innovation, just nothing.

Advertisement
I agree, bench King if/after he struggles with MSU. If it’s bad enough, pull him at halftime and give Garcia or TVD the second half. Regardless both backup QBs should get significant minutes the following week against Central Conn. King gets the first quarter and watches. TVD/Garcia alternate series, or every two-three series, and execute the full offense.

I agree, bench King if/after he struggles with MSU. If it’s bad enough, pull him at halftime and give Garcia or TVD the second half. Regardless both backup QBs should get significant minutes the following week against Central Conn. King gets the first quarter and watches. TVD/Garcia alternate series, or every two-three series, and execute the full offense.
Lots of players need burn against Central Conn to see what they can do.

Advertisement
No way King gets sat after being the leader in the off-season before suffering the injury. Manny has a problem sitting guys that have competition that is better and younger. No way he takes his captain down a notch due to performance. BTW, count me in the crowd thinking King looks like crap right now.

I've engaged in this sort of mental gymnastics before. It's what we do as fans because we want to believe. No true fan roots for failure therefore when things go bad we look for silver linings and credible changes that provide hope for a better day.

However, this team lacks toughness, grit and a kill or be killed instinct. These traits can only be taught if your leader emulates these qualities. Manny never played the game and has not experienced first hand what it takes to win on the field. It is nearly impossible for him to impart the toughness needed to consistently win and compete with the elite teams. He simply hasn't done it before and therefore lacks credibility.

Too bad. I want(ed) him to succeed. But i realize it is never going to happen.

With that said, I am not in the fire Manny crowd. I am with the fire Blake James crowd and then let the new AD assess and make the changes necessary to turn this program around.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back