Manny's only chance

OP, please don't bring up Kosi. The kid only was given a half-dozen chances to be UM's QB. He failed miserably each time. Talk about having unwarranted patience with a player.

Development is a whole other issue. Hard to recall the last UM QB who actually improved while here. Not regressing has become a victory of sorts this century.
I would never pick him over King, I'm not crazy. I just meant that you could see the potential of the offense when he was in there. That's all I meant by bringing him up.

Advertisement
I've engaged in this sort of mental gymnastics before. It's what we do as fans because we want to believe. No true fan roots for failure therefore when things go bad we look for silver linings and credible changes that provide hope for a better day.

However, this team lacks toughness, grit and a kill or be killed instinct. These traits can only be taught if your leader emulates these qualities. Manny never played the game and has not experienced first hand what it takes to win on the field. It is nearly impossible fo him to impart the toughness needed to consistently win and compete with the elite teams. He simply hasn't done it before and lacks credibility.

Too bad. I want(ed) him to succeed. But i realize it is never going to happen.

With that said, I am not in the fire Manny crowd. I am with the fire Blake James crowd and then let the new AD assess and make the changes necessary to turn this program around.
Fire Blake James? I'm not sure Frenk even knows what an AD is supposed to do. Blake will be here as long as Frwnk is here IMO.

His deep balls looked pretty good last night, few PI, nice Smith catch, Mallory drop

Dude isn’t getting benched but Lashlee wants to keep trying to do zone reads and RPO something King is awful at

Passing Direction​

KEY

Outside LeftBetween NumbersOutside Right
1/1
0 TD, 0 INT
118.8 NFL

20+
0/0
0 TD, 0 INT
0 NFL
1/2
0 TD, 0 INT
95.8 NFL
0/0
0 TD, 0 INT
0 NFL

10+
4/7
0 TD, 0 INT
85.4 NFL
0/1
0 TD, 0 INT
39.6 NFL
1/1
0 TD, 0 INT
83.3 NFL

0+
5/6
0 TD, 0 INT
88.9 NFL
4/8
0 TD, 0 INT
56.3 NFL
1/1
0 TD, 0 INT
79.2 NFL
2/2
0 TD, 0 INT
79.2 NFL
1/2
0 TD, 0 INT
68.8 NFL

King doesn't throw deep

The deep completion to the left was Key Smith diving (which was a nice throw). I can't remember the deep balls to the right.

We have had many threads since last night's game. Someone mentioned it in one of the other threads. I was on our sideline of the stadium. I look down to see if players were getting coached up to fix what was going on, on the field. There was not a single coach with any position group or unit trying to find out what the players are seeing out there and how they may fix it. I don't know how common or uncommon thst is, but i don't think thats good.

That means the players are supposed to learn whatever pre game and regardless of what is going on, on the field they run what they brought to the game. I mean thats my reading of it. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?
They showed exactly what you are detailing on the tv screen several times and I picked up on it. Especially with the entire defense, no coach was around.

They showed exactly what you are detailing on the tv screen several times and I picked up on it. Especially with the entire defense, no coach was around.
Bro we are doomed. That's why we can't fix anything live and Diaz keeps saying they showed things we haven't seen

Advertisement
With that said, I am not in the fire Manny crowd. I am with the fire Blake James crowd and then let the new AD assess and make the changes necessary to turn this program around.
That’s a good point. Otherwise, Manny will be fired and Rhett Lashlee will be named the new head coach six hours later.

They will restructure the offense before benching a 24 year old King. That is what bad stupid corches do. Manny is so arrogant. He knows he has a guaranteed 2 years left (paid) and he is gonna go down with the ship. He is in so far over his head. He will go into his 5th year with no extention and we will have a **** poor recruiting class. Then we get setback again.
He can sign an extension. Just zero buy out clause.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back