Manny's Bus Trip Prior to Spring Break

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Reminds me of my wrestling days. If we lost, coach decided it was a conditioning problem and we would run from the high school to the lake and back (about 7 miles). We would do it Michigan mile style, passing a baton back to the rear guy who would sprint to the front and the process would repeat...over and over again.

I thanked God whenever a fat guy was ahead in the line, and coincidentally the baton would be passed slower and slower when the fat guys were leading the line. xD

Play time is over young men. It's time to become what were were against Notre Dame....Full Time.

Hey hey don’t hate on the heavies now lmao. I didn’t mind the running as a HWT but I was on the lighter side at 245 compared to some that barely made weight at 284.9 and begged for that allowance at mid season lol.

we might be Adidas, but we will Under Armour and protect this house

Manny, do what you do, lead us

You weren't the guy we all wanted, but you just might be the man we all needed, after all

Hey hey don’t hate on the heavies now lmao. I didn’t mind the running as a HWT but I was on the lighter side at 245 compared to some that barely made weight at 284.9 and begged for that allowance at mid season lol.

Hate 'em? Loved the big guys! My Captain was a 215 lber, after a duel we'd go to a buffett and sit with the other heavies and **** off the food workers that wanted to close the place up. We would literally bunch up a bunch of shrimp on a plate, pass it around once and it was already gone.

We considered 'All You Can Eat' a challenge, not a suggestion. :)

Also would sneak food out of the buffett for the bus ride home. So automatically the big guys liked me.

It would be midnight or whatever, riding back home, listening to Korn or Disturbed on my $15 Walmart cheapo portable disc player with the torture device earbuds with the fake anti-skip device (Ipods were out, too expensive), chompin' on some stolen pizza. Meanwhile talking with a great group of guys that always had my back and I loved them.

It's funny looking back on it now. :)

Sadly, Stephen Ross in full Michigan gear (aside from an autographed pair of Tim Tebow boxers) blasted them with a garden hose during each lap while screaming "Get off my lawn! This is tennis season!".

I joke. I (amazingly) love Hard Rock now.

Amazing what ruining just one ND season will do for a stadium. It was the old OB that night.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back