Manny's Bus Trip Prior to Spring Break

Advertisement
Advertisement
Reminds me of my wrestling days. If we lost, coach decided it was a conditioning problem and we would run from the high school to the lake and back (about 7 miles). We would do it Michigan mile style, passing a baton back to the rear guy who would sprint to the front and the process would repeat...over and over again.

I thanked God whenever a fat guy was ahead in the line, and coincidentally the baton would be passed slower and slower when the fat guys were leading the line. xD

Play time is over young men. It's time to become what were were against Notre Dame....Full Time.

Last edited:
Sadly, Stephen Ross in full Michigan gear (aside from an autographed pair of Tim Tebow boxers) blasted them with a garden hose during each lap while screaming "Get off my lawn! This is tennis season!".

I joke. I (amazingly) love Hard Rock now.

Advertisement
Reminds me of my wrestling days. If we lost, coach decided it was a conditioning problem and we would run from the high school to the lake and back (about 7 miles). We would do it Michigan mile style, passing a baton back to the rear guy who would sprint to the front and the process would repeat...over and over again.

I thanked God whenever a fat guy was ahead in the line, and coincidentally the baton would be passed slower and slower when the fat guys were leading the line. xD

Play time is over young men. It's time to become what were were against Notre Dame....Full Time.

Never heard of Michigan mile style. That’s interesting. I’ve only heard of that method being called Indian run.

Never heard of Michigan mile style. That’s interesting. I’ve only heard of that method being called Indian run.

All I can tell you is that informally we called it, "OMGthis****insucks****mylife". xD

We also did it in sweats to better suck weight. My freshman year I was 6'3, 160. My sophmore year I was 6'4, 145lbs. I gained 20lbs my junior year, and coach couldn't complain because I was starting to win. xD

We used to run sprints on the football field, but coach almost got in a fight with the football coach over it.

We hated the football players. We gave the ones who were on the team a pass, but we won most of our matches, but had to do car washes and bake sales to replace our mat, where the football team got new uniforms and equipment every year even though they'd win 2-3 games a year. But they put asses in the seats, generated profit, so thats that. shrugs

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I remember JJ used a lot of psychology. Also remember the players said that his practices were so hard that game day was a cake walk.

Advertisement
Back