Manny's Breaking Point and A Reason To Believe He'll Do The Right Thing

streetja

UM HC: Miami Natives Only 😎
We've all commended Manny for his honest and pragmatic assessments of the program and willingness to quickly move off things that aren't working. A little part of me holds out a ray of hope that's telling me Manny will continue with that mentality and recognize, after what he just witnessed today, that if he is to continue as HC here for a significant period of time he pretty much needs to become a CEO type leader, essentially just a mouthpiece, and depend wholly on bringing in talented outsiders to the program to succeed.

His system isn't developed, doesn't come from a recognized or respected coaching tree, and hasn't groomed talented underlings that are succeeding elsewhere. Manny's gotten this far mostly by the seat of his pants approach and doesn't really have the background to draw on to succeed as a big time P5 coach. So all this means that Manny's reached a breaking point already in his HC'ing career -- does he realize the above, fire everyone on defense and bring in someone he has no connection to who will run the defense, from hiring to personnel decisions, independent of Manny, or does he either stick with Baker, choose to run the defense himself, or choose some other variation of the bullshyt that would be him believing he can get himself out of the hole he's gotten himself into.

Here's advice from one truly dedicated Cane fan that yearns desperately to see Miami back on top again -- don't believe in yourself Manny. Put your future in the hands of others. It's the only option you have to succeed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dabo fired his OC after a bad season, then the offense got very good, but defense sucked.

Then after the 70 points they gave up to WVU in Orange he fired his DC.

Now we just need Manny to hire Brent Venables!
Dabo had the built-in advantage that he was nothing before becoming a HC... not too dissimilar to Manny. So Dabo didn't really have any hills to die on. He did whatever it took to succeed and chopped anyone's head off as soon as it became apparent it was the right move to do.

Maybe we should've hired Brennan Carrol instead of Mancheese Lispin' Diaz.

Advertisement
If he doesn't purge the defensive staff after the bowl game, he's sealed his fate and will be a DC at a G5 school in 2 years.
Fire Baker tomorrow over Sunday brunch, Rumph over Monday morning’s coffee and a donut.

Manny can be his own DC and Banda can coach the full secondary for the bowl game.

Advertisement
You spelled Blakes James incorrectly.

Manny is a symptom. If Blake James is left to lead this program he'll eventually just fire Manny and hire another Manny.

It's time for the fan base to turn its wrath where it belongs.....AT THE TOP.

Well the entire Administration is the problem. But we are just talking about the staff here.

Well the entire Administration is the problem. But we are just talking about the staff here.

I hear you...but you have to start somewhere. Get a competent AD who can steer the ship and surround himself with quality people....you know....the type of **** successful leaders do.

Advertisement
I don't see anyone getting fired until after ESD and the bowl game. At least not publicly
I'd like to think Manny is capable of learning things on the job. What good did retaining Dan **** do us in last year's bowl game?

Fire Baker tonight and tell that whole pathetic defensive staff (yes including Stroud) to start sending their resumes to their nearest Pee Wee football teams.

You spelled Blakes James incorrectly.

Manny is a symptom. If Blake James is left to lead this program he'll eventually just fire Manny and hire another Manny.

It's time for the fan base to turn its wrath where it belongs.....AT THE TOP.
That would be doable if we had a University who gave a flying fck about football
You're talking to the cat that started that thread. I'm the champion of that cause. I'm fully aware how deep the disease runs in Coral Gables...but it's time the fan base as a whole directs its wrath where it belongs.

Advertisement
Back